Clemson Postgame thoughts... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame thoughts...

Listen, I don't disagree at all that they aren't the team they've had in the past. But I think they're almost as good as the top 2 maybe 3 teams. As much as Clemson isn't as dominate in areas as they have been in the past, there are still very few teams definitely better than them.

I would also add to your argument that it's possible the new coaches aren't at the same level as in the past. Doesn't mean they won't get there but they're not there yet.
Fair points particularly about the coaching staff. I think there are at least five teams that are a level above Clemson - UGA, Bama, Tenn, Ohio State and Michigan.

By the way the outcome won't be much different for Dallas when the starter comes back. And maybe next time your defense will back up their smack talk.
Stick to the NFL smack talk and SU hoops stuff. You’re good at that.

I don’t need to comb through your ND boot licking posts - you know what I’m talking about.

Stick to the NFL smack talk and SU hoops stuff. You’re good at that.

I don’t need to comb through your ND boot licking posts - you know what I’m talking about.
Unlike many here I a) don't hate ND and b) don't think joining the ACC makes any sense for them. The fact that ND won a controversial game against SU in the 1960s or that Tim Brown won the Heisman over Don McPherson in the 1980s doesn't have me agitated to this day - I guess that makes me a ND supporter. lol

lol I saw you taking shots at Clemson folk too during the game. Any fan bases pass muster with you? Faker fans?
Syra….wait that would include you, so nevermind.

JK.

Yeah, but -
That late hit kept that drive going, and they went down and scored, plus the 2pt conversion.

It was an insanely costly penalty.
Sure, that allowed Clemson to regain momentum and opened the door for the 2nd stringer to gain steam.

But 4 turnovers and nothing to show for it offensively? We have an all american running back. You don’t assume Clemson will stop him. You make them prove it. Its just frustrating. All in all im incredibly proud of our players and cant wait to attend next weekend. Just feel like Sean’s a weapon we’re inconsistent utilizing and its unfortunate.

100%, the horrific part is that he honestly believes he is good at it. The announce team was apocalyptic
I’m glad McDoughna pointed it out clearly. Do coaches watch the tv replays? Love Dino but he thinks he’s playing chess with clock management by he’s playing chutes and ladders.

Having the number 1 QB recruit in the nation as your backup makes having those nads a bit easier.

And also, Dino did exactly what Dabo did in 2018, bringing Devito in for a struggling Dungey against UNC, which led to a comeback double OT win.

Dude he’s running a deep slant or a square in. He’s running a pattern to the middle of the field. He has to slide down to stop his forward mo and catch a ball that is a yard behind him and a foot off the ground.

This still is the initial pattern.

View attachment 221424
This still is the moment the ball should be hitting him. Shrader was late, and the DB was breaking on the play. If he led him, he either throws a pick or it gets broken up. Because he was late the only place he could put it was behind him. I'm not convinced it was a bad throw, so much as bad timing and the only throw he could make as a result. Now the timing is still on him on this one, but the catch could still be made.

We abandoned the running game in the second half. Needed to stay ahead of the chains with the lead and a number of things prevented that includinghigh snaps, etc. there is no denying the penalties were a factor in this. I can get behind the two on us on the Clemson Qb, they were not completely unreasonable, but the no call on shrader and the pi call are beyond the pale. It has to be consistent. The late hit on shrader was egregious and what was called PI happens on every play.

D line disrupted our O the whole 2nd half. Clemson rushed 4 and made us max protect sending 3 out into patterns. Hard to run 2 minute like that.

Guys played hard and deserve our respect and appreciation. They were gassed and our depth isn’t close to Clemson. Need to bring in some guys at WR and o line in the portal if we want to play big boy football next year

I actually thought the same thing as well. Let’s give Dino the benefit of the doubt on that call. Cuse had a chance to win despite a lot of questionable officiating
Benefit of the doubt? There is no doubt. You needed to stop the clock no matter what they decided to do. First down ends the game anyway so the one timeout is useless if you don’t stop them.

Yeah, but -
That late hit kept that drive going, and they went down and scored, plus the 2pt conversion.

It was an insanely costly penalty.
Late hit changed the game. If they don’t get that call I think we win personally. They had NOTHING going for them. Sadz the refs are way too involved in these Clemson wins with us.

Man those refs stunk. Hope the conf playoff check is worth it when they lose by 50 in the playoffs.
I'm reading a lot of 4-0 turnovers but the 2 int's were 3rd down prayers; shanked punts effectively. Obv a 98yd fumble return is always massive. Not great to squander that vs such a fraud of a top5 team but not surprising.
The first INT was not a punt. Think it stopped by a scoring drive.

I can’t decide if we didn’t deserve to lose that game or if we had no business winning it.
Great point. We were gifted and forced opportunities but Clemson helped by Tuckering their running game the first half. Second half we fought but they dominated. We could've/should've won but we should've and did lose crazy game.

I keep reading all these threads and hoping that I somehow made a mistake and this is all a bad dream and we won the game, 28-27. Not to be. I'm optimistic for the last 5 and it starts next week at home vs. ND. It’s conceivable that we could win them all. Not many of us would have thought that prior to the season. We've come a long damn way!

For all the talk of them dominating us in the second half they only scored 17 on us. It just so happened that we scored 0. And the defense gave up 10 in the first half and scored 7 themselves. They asked the offense for just 20 points of offense all game and couldn’t get it against the #5 school

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom