Clemson Postgame thoughts... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame thoughts...

To be fair….Purdue and Virginia easily could’ve been losses. Final Purdue drive was basically a minor miracle.

Being 2-1 in these type of games…I’ll take it.

Heaven forbid you throw one up for Alford again - let’s only look at Gadsden every play

Wait... Alford that was hobbled on the sideline and can only make 1 good play every 4 games or so. You don't throw to him again until almost the BC game. Come on.

No actually I haven’t but it’s ok to call a spade a spade. Shrader is below average QB. If he wasn’t a tough SOB and couldn’t run the way he does he’d be the 3rd string quarterback on this team. We are where we are because the coaches have done a decent job of scheming to his strengths

Terrible post.

Good grief. The kid had answered the bell on numerous occasions, with game-winning drives. Against the best defense we'll play all year, stocked with five and four star talent, he came up a bit short. Get off his back

Honestly he deserves it, his clock management is indefensible, even TheCusian and other Dino diehards will admit it. Its absurd how bad he is

Hmm, not sure he'd admit that actually but otherwise you're right.

Clemson adjusted and really shut down the QB runs in the 2nd half. Wish we had adjusted back.

and that's where the game was lost. We played a great 1st half, had a total of 4 TO's and should have won. Clemson came out and dominated us in the 2nd half in almost all 3 areas. It was anyones game, they beat us, we didn't adjust and we had a chance to win at the end.

He's not a Devito guy, is he?

There's still a couple left. One of everyones fav posters said even last year he can't make a throw. He's all giddy this year. Luckily someone replied to a thread from last year to remind me of that comment.

and that's where the game was lost. We played a great 1st half, had a total of 4 TO's and should have won. Clemson came out and dominated us in the 2nd half in almost all 3 areas. It was anyones game, they beat us, we didn't adjust and we had a chance to win at the end.
Big part of it.

Even with them outplaying us in the second half, I still think we win if: 1)We don’t drop that 3rd down pass after the pick. 2) The 3rd and 25 “late hit” is called correctly.

We get that thing down to 10 minutes or so, still up 21-10? I think we hang on.

Big part of it.

Even with them outplaying us in the second half, I still think we win if: 1)We don’t drop that 3rd down pass after the pick. 2) The 3rd and 25 “late hit” is called correctly.

Or if the pass interference bogus call wasn't flagged.

He's not a Devito guy, is he?
3rd-bass.gif

If we had dungey today do we beat clemson. Like if we swapped them. Put GS on the 2018 team and dungey on this team and I wonder if we win both

Big part of it.

Completely agree. We did enough to win, so did Clemson. This is what big boy programs do. They play tough against a top 5 team and sometimes they win, sometimes they lose but we were in the game the whole time. All this whining and hand wringing is ridiculous. Some people need to man the hell up. It's like most of the posters on here never played competitive football and realize how a football game goes. You don't dominate the 1st half and then just skate through the 2nd half against a top 5 team.

Another level of football, my friend. You'll see.

Yeah, the other level of CFB is like 2 teams. Hardly a great argument on your part.

Georgia and 'Bama. You think there's a whole slew of teams better than Clemson on defense? There's some other level above Clemson with like 15 teams on it :confused: Ok...
Clemson has a very solid defense. It's not at the level of 3-4 years ago but very solid. But I'm looking at the entire team. Their QB is meh to me and they lack the WRs they've had in the past. For instance I think they would get throttled by Tennessee as I don't see how Clemson could match them score for score. jmo

Lol, devastated the backup QBs glass slipper finally fell off.

I wouldn’t out myself as a ND fan on the football board either if I were you.
Who mentioned Notre Dame and what the hell are u talking about?

Clemson has a very solid defense. It's not at the level of 3-4 years ago but very solid. But I'm looking at the entire team. Their QB is meh to me and they lack the WRs they've had in the past. For instance I think they would get throttled by Tennessee as I don't see how Clemson could match them score for score. jmo

Listen, I don't disagree at all that they aren't the team they've had in the past. But I think they're almost as good as the top 2 maybe 3 teams. As much as Clemson isn't as dominate in areas as they have been in the past, there are still very few teams definitely better than them.

I would also add to your argument that it's possible the new coaches aren't at the same level as in the past. Doesn't mean they won't get there but they're not there yet.

Lol, devastated the backup QBs glass slipper finally fell off.

I wouldn’t out myself as a ND fan on the football board either if I were you.
By the way the outcome won't be much different for Dallas when the starter comes back. And maybe next time your defense will back up their smack talk.

By the way the outcome won't be much different for Dallas when the starter comes back. And maybe next time your defense will back up their smack talk.
Dallas, Philly, and ND are all bad people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom