Clemson Postgame thoughts... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame thoughts...

Agreed on many levels...but I want to add think we can all hammer the play calls and the clock mgmt or whatever and still appreciate that we were in a game that was the center of attention in college football at a national level for good portion of this afternoon.

I can honestly say I never expected us to be there again. For that, Dino and Anae get a long leash from me as far as overall picture for the program

i'm not calling on a firing.

I just need a day before I can say "Hey, let's be happy about 11-1"

I'll be there tomorrow. Not today.

Four plays

Fuentes penalty

Cooper drops a first down pass

Refs don’t call penalty on Trotter Jr. hitting Shrader out of bounds

Babers letting almost 30 seconds run off the clock before calling a timeout

Cooper drops a 3rd down pass running a slant that is low and a yard behind him. His
momentum is going the opposite direction and he has to slide to make the catch. Like to see any receiver make the catch but was far from routine.

I would have liked to have found out at least.

I would’ve like to have found out what would happen if Shrader threw it to the corner of the endzone.

Yes it would have. It lets you throw more 5-10 yard passes to try and get them out of bounds
Also if you score too early they come and kick fg to win.Time was not the reason we lost.Actually the clock management worked out almost perfect where if we score there was almost nothing left on clock.

i'm not calling on a firing.

I just need a day before I can say "Hey, let's be happy about 11-1"

I'll be there tomorrow. Not today.

For sure, wasn’t really responding to your post directly. Just trying to agree with you while talking out the long term thoughts on the program

I actually think Babers was thinking “if I call a timeout right away, they’ll go for it. If I let time run off the clock, they’ll kick a FG”

Mind you this is incredible stupid. But I think that’s what the mindset was
This is amazing galaxy brain analysis and I think you are correct.

That was very quick.
I was in Stage 2: Anger for the last 29 minutes of the 2nd half.
It sped up the process

Edit: maybe I’m kidding myself. I just saw a highlight from the game and I’m down again

Last edited:
I felt that we played really well on both sides of the ball in the first half. Almost perfect.

In the second half I thought Clemson's defense played really well and the officials had a hell of a second half. I am 99% sure Clemson gave them the GAME BALL.

The late hits call and no call gifted Clemson the momentum and then the PI gifted Clemson the win. With no PI they are not in FG range and then at the end of the game we could have kicked a FG instead of trying to force a TD.

Agreed on many levels...but I want to add think we can all hammer the play calls and the clock mgmt or whatever and still appreciate that we were in a game that was the center of attention in college football at a national level for good portion of this afternoon.

I can honestly say I never expected us to be there again. For that, Dino and Anae get a long leash from me as far as overall picture for the program
hopefully, this isn't a 2018 flash in the pan.

Cooper drops a 3rd down pass running a slant that is low and a yard behind him. His
momentum is going the opposite direction and he has to slide to make the catch. Like to see any receiver make the catch but was far from routine.

I would’ve like to have found out what would happen if Shrader threw it to the corner of the endzone.
Pick of incomplete. It’s not Brady to Vincent Jackson. It’s Shrader to Courtney Jackson. He wasn’t really that open. Safety hard all day to read that, and they played 2 deep there…(in reality, the boundary corner might have continued with Courtney as well)…

This one will be a textbook case study in how to beat yourself and turn a great win into a loss. Dumb penalties turned the game around. No 2nd half adjustments on offense when Clemson went all in on stopping Schrader runs. Might as well have left Sean Tucker home. Not utilized. Babers awful clock management --again. That never changes. Ugh!

Pick of incomplete. It’s not Brady to Vincent Jackson. It’s Shrader to Courtney Jackson. He wasn’t really that open. Safety hard all day to read that, and they played 2 deep there…(in reality, the boundary corner might have continued with Courtney as well)…
Classic QB/WR connection!

Man those refs stunk. Hope the conf playoff check is worth it when they lose by 50 in the playoffs.
I'm reading a lot of 4-0 turnovers but the 2 int's were 3rd down prayers; shanked punts effectively. Obv a 98yd fumble return is always massive. Not great to squander that vs such a fraud of a top5 team but not surprising.

No matter what Fuentes does for the rest of his career here, he can’t make up for what he cost us.
He hit him in bounds and it was a soft shoulder blow. Last I checked that was legal. Ball carriers can head to the sideline and cut back. Sure, he should’ve pulled up given the down and distance but that was a bs call.

Not sure the accuracy comment is accurate but I may not be remembering accurately. Cooper slides and it bounces off his shoulder from what I remember. When they replayed the announcer was like oh man.

The ball that Cooper dropped hit his right shoulder, which was his leading shoulder. Not a good pass though he has to make that catch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom