Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou

This isn't the calculation. Of course they'd be better with a proven guy as backup. The calculation that you seem to miss is if he plays another down in a Clemson uni he's stuck with no option to transfer. Dabo did the guy a solid in saying here's your choice, we'd love to have you as our backup - but we want to do right by you and give you the choice while you can still make it.

This consideration is 10000x more important than what Dabo thinks of our offense.
Agree Dabo is making a human call that may slightly decrease his chances for success this year but he does the right thing by his guy AND lays the longer term groundwork for his program (future recruits) by treating all his guys (vets and rooks) right.

I'm sure that in the next few days Dabo will say about exactly what I've said, but I wouldn't expect you to give me any credit.
On the transferring you called yesterday, I literally said “man I hate it when couscuse is right!” PAcuse was there. So I did give you credit there.

Credit where credit is due but I don’t believe you even believe this... and I want you to be right but you’re ... not.

Why couldn't things stay the same? He starts and TL get lots of playing time. I f this was chess, losing Bryant would be like losing a knight or a castle or a bishop. Tou need those pieces to win.

If this was chess at the highest level, you give up a castle or bishup to protect more important pieces.

I don't get what all the rancor is about here.

Lawrence has been better than Bryant so far this year.
And it's not really even close.
You play your best guys. Dino does the same.

By benching Bryant now, Dabo gave him the ability to do exactly what he's now doing - seeking a transfer, so he can play a full year someplace else next season.

(Dabo may or may not have thought that Bryant would act on that opportunity, but the fact that he can, and did, is what seems to be in the best interests of the young man. Kudos for Dabo for that.)

The kid is an amazing talent, and for Clemson's sake they'd better hope he says healthy now.
Your not going to give the guy that took you to the playoffs a little more run than that?

I'm not saying he is stupid, I'm saying his hand was forced by Babers. It sounded like he did not want to do this but felt like he had no choice. Advantage Syracuse.

Probably the same mindset why the odds-makers have the point spread at such a narrow margin.

Why couldn't things stay the same? He starts and TL get lots of playing time. I f this was chess, losing Bryant would be like losing a knight or a castle or a bishop. Tou need those pieces to win.

This is going to sound crazy - but he wanted to do right by Bryant and give him the choice more than he wanted to trick him into being the backup. I don't take every coach at their word - but Dabo seems like the better guys of the bunch.

adam terry on the radio killing it right now about how huge this is for syracuse, with also a detailed breakdown of personell, and especially how huge a disruption this is based on his own experience, no way around it. I agree, upsets a coming...

Probably the same mindset why the odds-makers have the point spread at such a narrow margin.
Point spreads are based on public perception, to try to balance the action and not have too much money on one side.

Where did I say we have played "anyone"? That said, we have not played well yet really... yet are 4 and 0.
But you were dissing who SU has played and we are also 4-0. I'm hoping for a great, close game on Saturday.

Your not going to give the guy that took you to the playoffs a little more run than that?

You mean start him another week or two, with one week being against a team that beat him a year ago?

Question - when they talked do you think Dabo offered the idea of.. "dress out, I will not play you unless we really need you (ie TL gets hurt). So you can keep that year of eligibility?"

You really want to hate dabo, which is fine...lol, fans do. But deep down you konw he did what is best for KB and is maybe hurting 'himself'...

You mean start him another week or two, with one week being against a team that beat him a year ago?

Question - when they talked do you think Dabo offered the idea of.. "dress out, I will not play you unless we really need you (ie TL gets hurt). So you can keep that year of eligibility?"

You really want to hate dabo, which is fine...lol, fans do. But deep down you konw he did what is best for KB and is maybe hurting 'himself'...
What's the absolute imperative to starting TL? That's what Bryant couldn't live with. He was only 60% last year at Syracuse, more reason to let him even the score.

But you were dissing who SU has played and we are also 4-0. I'm hoping for a great, close game on Saturday.

Yes, I did 'dis' (suggest) you haven't played anyone. Not sure where I suggest Clemson has played better (although I will say playing, and winning, at Tex A&M is the toughest of the 8 cumulative games by far).

What's the absolute imperative to starting TL? That's what Bryant couldn't live with. He was only 60% last year at Syracuse, more reason to let him even the score.

"Letting him even the score" is not a team goal. Maybe you see it differently, but teams... like a football squad... is not about an individual "evening the score". Again.. Dabo obviously thinks TL gives the better chance to win this Saturday and going forward.

Should he start Adam Choice at running back over Etienne? Should he start Huggins (a SR) over Dexter Lawrence at DT (a Jr)?

You are reaching again...

what-the-hell-am-i-reading-here.jpg

"Letting him even the score" is not a team goal. Maybe you see it differently, but teams... like a football squad... is not about an individual "evening the score". Again.. Dabo obviously thinks TL gives the better chance to win this Saturday and going forward.

Should he start Adam Choice at running back over Etienne? Should he start Huggins (a SR) over Dexter Lawrence at DT (a Jr)?

You are reaching again...
What do you people at Clemson base your success or lack thereof on? Last year year with Bryant you lost one game in the regular season to Syracuse in which Bryant was very injured and took an additional beating on top of that. Then you lost to Alabama in the playoffs and your undefeated now. Pretty ungrateful really.

I'll ask you two questions. Is Clemson a better team with or without Bryant and does it increase or decrease Clemsons' chances of winning the NC not having Bryant on the team? If you answer those questions honestly, then maybe you'll see my point.

I answered them both honestly...wanna know what I found out (I didnt need to answer them to find this out)...your point is wrong...still.

They are better with Lawrence now...as well as at the end of the year.

I answered them both honestly...wanna know what I found out (I didnt need to answer them to find this out)...your point is wrong...still.

They are better with Lawrence now...as well as at the end of the year.
You told me to take a time out and then you post this? When Dabo says that he had to start TL because of Syracuse offense and he didn't want to fall behind early and put the freshman in, in a jam, then feel free to make amends.

You told me to take a time out and then you post this? When Dabo says that he had to start TL because of Syracuse offense and he didn't want to fall behind early and put the freshman in, in a jam, then feel free to make amends.

I will do you one better...if he were to happen to bust out that coach speak I will take a week's timeout from the board.
You willing to do the same if you are wrong?

What do you people at Clemson base your success or lack thereof on? Last year year with Bryant you lost one game in the regular season to Syracuse in which Bryant was very injured and took an additional beating on top of that. Then you lost to Alabama in the playoffs and your undefeated now. Pretty ungrateful really.

"...you people..." is an extremely odd (to put it nicely) way to put it.

From a pure won and loss standpoint... contend for the league championship most years and win it as much, or more, as anyone should be the goal. Dabo is exceeding that. You suggest we put Kelly Bryant interest ahead of the program. There are 84 other scholarship athletes who DS also worries about... you are fixated on just one of them.

Hey... maybe you are right and we will collapse with TL, and if something horrible happens to TL..you may get your wish in proving Dabo as scared and short sighted.

Did dabo say he is starting tl because he is worried about Syracuse offense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom