Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou

He should transfer here. We could use an experienced backup for Devito next year.
After you and couscous chalk up your win this Saturday, no doubt he would be lucky to be at such a program .

Lots and lots of blitzing. Our secondary better be ready to step up and make some plays.

Cisco has a pick 6.

I will do you one better...if he were to happen to bust out that coach speak I will take a week's timeout from the board.
You willing to do the same if you are wrong?
He has all week and the press conference after the game. Just listen and learn.

Cordy and Foster are going to be relied on heavily if blitzing will be as heavy as it absolutely should be

images.jpg

He has all week and the press conference after the game. Just listen and learn.

OH...so your interpretation then. Or has he come out and stated in the words that you used...

Lot of silliness in the thread. Dabo is not afraid of us. Sure, he respects a team that beat him but that's it. His decision to play Lawrence was simply to play the best player just as any good coach would.

Dabo is a class act as is the Clemson program. Glad to be in the same division.

I don't get what all the rancor is about here.

Lawrence has been better than Bryant so far this year.
And it's not really even close.
You play your best guys. Dino does the same.

By benching Bryant now, Dabo gave him the ability to do exactly what he's now doing - seeking a transfer, so he can play a full year someplace else next season.

(Dabo may or may not have thought that Bryant would act on that opportunity, but the fact that he can, and did, is what seems to be in the best interests of the young man. Kudos for Dabo for that.)

The kid is an amazing talent, and for Clemson's sake they'd better hope he says healthy now.

This, I dont know why its so hard to understand. If Devito was the second comign of McNabb and was tearing it up I don't think people on here would be screaming don't make a change. You play the best guy period, its really not that hard a concept.

This, I dont know why its so hard to understand. If Devito was the second comign of McNabb and was tearing it up I don't think people on here would be screaming don't make a change. You play the best guy period, its really not that hard a concept.
Kelly Bryant was 16-2 as a starter. Only losing the 1 game against SU when is was very injured and then in the playoffs last year to Alabama, who is probably the greatest college football dynasty ever, If we had a guy like that, with that winning percentage, you could throw him under the bus?

So the line went to -25 once the news about Kelly Bryant broke today. Just sayin’

Kelly Bryant was 16-2 as a starter. Only losing the 1 game against SU when is was very injured and then in the playoffs last year to Alabama, who is probably the greatest college football dynasty ever, If we had a guy like that, with that winning percentage, you could throw him under the bus?

Your comparing apples to oranges, SU isn't competing for the National Championship, Clemson is. Do you think if we signed the #1 Center in the Country last year who is balling out this fall that JB wouldn't eventually move him into the starting lineup? When your playing for a National Title you play the guy that gives you the best chance to win period. This isn't Hobart or Utica College.

Your comparing apples to oranges, SU isn't competing for the National Championship, Clemson is. Do you think if we signed the #1 Center in the Country last year who is balling out this fall that JB wouldn't eventually move him into the starting lineup? When your playing for a National Title you play the guy that gives you the best chance to win period. This isn't Hobart or Utica College.
The QB is the guy that is the player on record in wins and loses. This QB was 16-2 and you make it sound like, meh, next.

And the coach, who has won a national championship, who sees both kids in practice every single day, is a HC and has been for some time now at the highest level of college football, has named Lawrence the starter.

I'm not sure you know better than him.

The QB is the guy that is the player on record in wins and loses. This QB was 16-2 and you make it sound like, meh, next.

Clemson is a team with mostly 4 and 5 Star players, the QB doesn't exactly have to be Brett Farve re-incarnate for the team to have a good record. Bryant is a good QB maybe even a really good QB but the Clemson staff feel Lawrence is a "great" QB who has outperformed Bryant so far this year so they want him to start. Again its not rocket science, I have no idea why you are so wrapped up in this. If Clemson wants to start Lawrence thats their prerogative who cares why they did it.

And the coach, who has won a national championship, who sees both kids in practice every single day, is a HC and has been for some time now at the highest level of college football, has named Lawrence the starter.

I'm not sure you know better than him.
I was merely giving a hot take as to what precipitated the whole Bryant fiasco at Clemson. My take is that when they sat down to work up a game plan and they watched SU tapes, it worried them how fast Syracuse can score. That coupled with the slow starts they have had on offense with Bryant getting the first 3-5 series forced them to make the change to Lawrence as they don't want him coming in the game down 2 or 3 touchdowns which would allow the SU defense to t-off on him and take some risks and put him on his back. I don't think Dabo thought Bryant was going to take it like this and leave the team. That is my theory and I'm sticking to it. In a sentence, the fear of the Syracuse offense caused Bryant to leave the team

After you and couscous chalk up your win this Saturday, no doubt he would be lucky to be at such a program .

Spoiling for a fight, seems like.

Look most here know and understand our chances this Sat. We are hoping to come out on top - but know it will be an uphill battle.

You don’t need to build up some fake disrespect. Fan bases of great teams don’t need that junk.

But feel free to knocking heads with cous - keeps him busy ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom