Clemson ticket sales at the moment. | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson ticket sales at the moment.

And people wonder why we move the marquee games to the Meadowlands...

To give our fans another excuse not to show up to regular home games. I love the new excuse: well they move the best game ever year to New York, why should I buy season tickets for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

While I'm thrilled we will be plus 45k it is still a bit shocking that we can't easily sell out our first ACC home game in the first season of a new HC against the number 3 team in the country. Maybe a big win here gets a few more people in the seats for the rest of the season, but if were struggling to get to where we are now even with a extra bye week to hype the game and beat seats, I can only imagine what our attendance numbers for the rest of the season will look like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Why aren't people lined up at the Dome buying $20 tickets!!??!! Are there ANY economics majors working for the athletic administration?
I agree. They could give the tickets away to the soldiers at For Drum and I would be thrilled. All I want is the dome to be packed.

Whoever said you can't base the ticket sales on the Ticketmaster website was absolutely right.

They just opened opened up more than 200 seats in Sections 305 - 307 which must mean the remaining upper rows (R - V) of Sections 305 - 307 are not sold either. Wow !!!

The attendance on Saturday will dwarf what it was at the Meadowlands. It is essentially a sell out so I don't know why you're complaining.

The attendance on Saturday will dwarf what it was at the Meadowlands. It is essentially a sell out so I don't know why you're complaining.
How is 10% unsold capacity considered "essentially" a sell-out?

BINGO. The Meadowlands games do nothing for us. Does nothing for recruiting or attendance. Also starts us 0-1 every year. And people do have every right to be disgusted that our best home game is 4 hours away from Syracuse each year. Im sorry if you dont get that 45K at home vs Penn State as opposed to half of that (while the opponent doubles our attendance) would be a good thing.

BINGO. The Meadowlands games do nothing for us. Does nothing for recruiting or attendance. Also starts us 0-1 every year. And people do have every right to be disgusted that our best home game is 4 hours away from Syracuse each year. Im sorry if you dont get that 45K at home vs Penn State as opposed to half of that (while the opponent doubles our attendance) would be a good thing.

Our series with Penn State is 1-1-1. We gave nothing away with that game. We still have a game with them at their place and in the Dome.

It isnt...But I think there is a threshold short of 100% where it is...

I think that if they get to 48K+ they would probably speak in terms such as this.

I could not agree more. If we can't sellout this game no one should complain about AD Gross contract and guaranteed money the Athletic Department receives to play Notre Dame at Met Life.

What's really sad is there were more Cuse fans in attendance at Met Life than were at the Carrier Dome for Wagner or Tulane.

The (alleged) $5 million payout we receive for the MetLife games is probably more money that we would make even in a sold out Dome. So linking not being able to sell out the Dome with moving games to MetLife doesn't really hold water.

The dome is an advantage for our players Met Life was an away game and will be against ND next September. Thats what sucks

Our series with Penn State is 1-1-1. We gave nothing away with that game. We still have a game with them at their place and in the Dome.

FAIR ENOUGH. But its sad that you choose the angle over what my point obviously was. USC, Notre Dame etc...
We are in the ACC now, we dont need the money. It is not worth the amount of fans that get angry and dont buy tickets. I am not one of them, I renew my tix every year but we lose a ton of the fans that we need in order to not embarrass ourselves at 90% of our home games with low attendance.

Metlife was a unique idea, but it failed. It is only going to get worse when Notre Dame fills 85% of the seats next year.
Some people just refuse to accept this and will defend the Metlife debacle to the very end.

The dome is an advantage for our players Met Life was an away game and will be against ND next September. Thats what sucks

yup. This move is no different than when Tulane or Wagner take a pay day knowing they will get thumped here. Why does SU have to stoop to that level? It sucks.

Who are we, South Alabama? Lord i hope not

It's part of the reason people don't show. Many seasons tix go away then SU has to charge more for single game then more seasons/donors go away. Vicious cycle. SU has to treat the cause not the symptom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, that guaranteed money is nothing. fact of the matter is, if we can't sell out against the #3 team in the country in our first game in the ACC there's something seriously wrong.

I think the fact that isn't already sold out comes down to our 0-2 start and the fact Clemson isn't a huge name brand for fairweather fans. They are the #3 team in the nation now and have been elite recently but if we were facing #3 ranked notre dame, penn state, florida state, etc it would already be sold out. Clemsons national reputation isn't as large despite how good they currently are.

It's not 10% unsold, according to what I've been reading. I believe we're going to wind up with about 47-48,000 attendance. The place will appear full on TV and will certainly be rocking.

That's a huge improvement over the atmosphere at the Meadowlands.

FAIR ENOUGH. But its sad that you choose the angle over what my point obviously was. USC, Notre Dame etc...
We are in the ACC now, we dont need the money. It is not worth the amount of fans that get angry and dont buy tickets. I am not one of them, I renew my tix every year but we lose a ton of the fans that we need in order to not embarrass ourselves at 90% of our home games with low attendance.

Metlife was a unique idea, but it failed. It is only going to get worse when Notre Dame fills 85% of the seats next year.
Some people just refuse to accept this and will defend the Metlife debacle to the very end.

Exactly. We're in the ACC now. We've got the money. We don't "NEED" to do this again to make our program more marketable and appealing to outsiders.

If there's a Kick Off Classic that we get invited to (neutral site game for both teams), then great, sign me up. I went to the Ga. Tech and USC Classics going back a decade or two.

But we should no longer agree to give up HOME GAMES to host them in the Meadowlands.

The 2 games we have had so far, it seems to me Met Life might want to get out of the deal, neither crowd was anywhere near capacity. Notre Dame is probably the only school that might sell out.

Tickets are flying out of 317 the last 2 hours
Same thing for the 200 level where over 100 tickets were sold this morning. Good to see tickets are still selling at a good pace today.

I wonder if there is any chance they can consider donating some remaining blocks up top to soldiers or to youth groups...I know we want to sell the tickets, but I also would like that building full. I know they have done it before but usually during low profile games. Probably would be hard too coordinate on such short notice though.

From what I'm hearing, I would not be surprised if we get pretty darn close to a sellout

Have all the Meadowland haters been to an SU game down there? Its a great game day experience and you should try it next year for the ND game. Coincidentally, it will help the program too. Just a thought.

It's not 10% unsold, according to what I've been reading. I believe we're going to wind up with about 47-48,000 attendance. The place will appear full on TV and will certainly be rocking.

That's a huge improvement over the atmosphere at the Meadowlands.
The latest estimates of tix available on this thread put it at about 45k sold. The 47k estimates are expecting 2k walk-up, which I hope happens, but I'm skeptical. 4,900 available tix is ~ 10%.

My opinion, which is worth about $.02 shy of $.02, is "effectively" sold out means less than 1,000 tix available. Butts in the seats is what really matters, as we've all seen the past stated attendance figures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom