Clemson ticket sales at the moment. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson ticket sales at the moment.

I wish we (pejoratively) would stop defining ourselves as a football school or a basketball school. We are a sports school! Take a look at our athletic department and you will see that several of our teams have been doing quite well over the last few years. Saying we're this or that takes away from the whole department and doesn't serve any positive purpose.
i agree with that. I shouldnt have called us a football school...this all started from the baseless argument from tbcuse11 about syracuse having zero football fans and that cuse is a basketball school.

wrong

Ask anyone the first thing that comes to mind when you mention Syracuse and 99 out of 100 times its basketball. College football runs the show I agree but it doesnt mean our program runs the show. What is JB supposed to say? We have carried the torch?
i would think it would be Jim Brown but i see your point.

Ive been to a bunch of LAX final fours and our lax fans travel amazingly well... at the same time we have notre dame level fans across the country for Cuse lax as well but you see the same faces there as you do in the dome for the regular season games

Thats very misleading. Much easier to travel to a game which is always held on a Saturday so you can make a weekend out of it as opposed to traveling to College Park or Blacksburgh on a Tuesday night. Throw in winter weather as well. That doesnt equate to us being a "football" school.

True, Marsh. Explained that in another post .

i would think it would be Jim Brown but i see your point.

30 years ago that would have been the case. I dont even know if 50 out of 100 people even know who Jim Brown is

That is possible. I actually think depending on the year people would say football or basketball. During the McNabb years it probably would have been both.

i agree with that. I shouldnt have called us a football school...this all started from the baseless argument from tbcuse11 about syracuse having zero football fans and that cuse is a basketball school.
I understand why you wrote it. I also don't think that JB feels that way deep down, but that he said it to try to support the football program when it was struggling. I would just prefer that we don't label ourselves as one thing or another when we are really striving to be...multiple? (sorry, I couldn't resist).

You must be new to the area, or are just not that bright. We do not have a good fan base, especially when it comes to traveling. The fans we have at away games typically live near there. No one that roots for Clemson lives in syracuse LOL.

This is no secret to anyone. We have die hards, sure, but our students and the community as a whole is all about basketball.

its ok that you have your opinion, we are all entitled to one. But man are you way off on this one LOL.

That's not true. If you're old enough to remember, we used to support the football team much better than we do now. You have to go back to the 80s and 90s, but we used to have a great atmosphere that was very intimidating to opposing teams.

we DID have a 10 win season in 2001. I was born the same year as The Dome and ive been there since i could walk. We have always had great support for football.

which would support the fact that football is king at Syracuse..regardless of our record. Even Boeheim said Syracuse is a football school with a basketball complex.

i hate the whole labeling thing. i don't see how we can be labeled either. Both programs have had theirs up and downs in their history. Sure Syracuse is known much more now for their basketball program, but in order to be a basketball school a la Kentucky your history history of success can't start in the late 70's and last through just 1 coach. If were basing it off the past decade then obviously we have had a much better basketball program, but to call us just a basketball school, i'm not buying it.

It's neither and both. There aren't many programs that have had the success in both. Add in the dominance in Lacrosse and SU is in a pretty limited group.

i hate the whole labeling thing. i don't see how we can be labeled either. Both programs have had theirs up and downs in their history. Sure Syracuse is known much more now for their basketball program, but in order to be a basketball school a la Kentucky your history history of success can't start in the late 70's and last through just 1 coach. If were basing it off the past decade then obviously we have had a much better basketball program, but to call us just a basketball school, i'm not buying it.

It started before the late 70's and BTW, that's 40 years and then some. How many schools have a longer history of success? JB didn't start it either. He has, however, continued in grand fashion.

It started before the late 70's and BTW, that's 40 years and then some. How many schools have a longer history of success? JB didn't start it either. He has, however, continued in grand fashion.

just how many football programs have 700 wins? you can argue the programs were equal until the start of the 2000's. A better basketball program for 13 years makes you known for that?

Agreed. Football might've even been ahead, for much of the 90's. It definitely was in the last few years of the McNabb era.

And if the 90's are too long ago for someone to remember, then I don't really care what they think about all this. No offense.

3RD- 4349

43,000 SOLD.
Just a rough estimate. I plan on doing a thorough count friday or saturday when I'm bored because we don't have a game on.
Tickets are moving. Sell out baby !!!!!

How do u know 43k have been sold?

I don't it's an estimate.

If you look at the picture i posted above it is screen shots thrown together of ticketmaster. If you zoom in you can see the exact seats available.

iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

I don't it's an estimate.

If you look at the picture i posted above it is screen shots thrown together of ticketmaster. If you zoom in you can see the exact seats available.

iPhone 7 using Tapatalk
Except entire sections in the upper corners have not been put on sale. Trust me, they're not greyed out because they're sold. I would love to see our progress towards a big turn out, but counting available seats on Ticketmaster is not he way.

I'm not sure about that. In every other Syracuse game on Ticketmaster they aren't. Either way, I appreciate the update on tickets sold even if it's not 100% accurate.

I'm not sure about that. In every other Syracuse game on Ticketmaster they aren't. Either way, I appreciate the update on tickets sold even if it's not 100% accurate.
Agreed. Appreciate the effort as well.

313-314-315 are clemson tickets. the only iffy one is 306 and thats not usually empty so maybe some part of that is reserved for something. it does show how many of the foodstamp tickets were being held back in the upperdeck for season tickets.. 2-3 weeks ago there were only a few of those cheap tickets left.

its interesting to see that they stopped selling those cheap $99 season tickets as that would still be cheaper than buying the last 4 games stand alone.

Except entire sections in the upper corners have not been put on sale. Trust me, they're not greyed out because they're sold. I would love to see our progress towards a big turn out, but counting available seats on Ticketmaster is not he way.

The only full corner that is greyed out is one I believe to be a Clemson section. The rest are not greyed out. As I said this isn't spot on but you can still see a trend of how fast tickets are being sold. Also when they open up new sections I take that as a good thing. There are still some possible places they could be holding back but not nearly as many as a few weeks ago.

iPhone 7 using Tapatalk