Clemson vs Ohio State | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson vs Ohio State

If you want to avoid Herbie's homer calls in the national championship watch the skycam on ESPNU. No announcers at all and it was glorious

Who was he a homer for? He played at OSU and 2 of his sons play for Clemson.

Who was he a homer for? He played at OSU and 2 of his sons play for Clemson.

OSU. But on the 11th you won't have to ask that question. He'll be in full-on homer mode.

I just need the NY Jets to like Fields so my Phins hopefully picking 3rd (thanks Texans for the unprotected first) can grab the once in a generation OT Penai Sewell.

Am I drunk and my eyes are lying or can OSU beat bama?

Option A. Clemson D doesn’t even look slightly competent and oline doesn’t look much better. Alabama isn’t going to look lost on D.

I just need the NY Jets to like Fields so my Phins hopefully picking 3rd (thanks Texans for the unprotected first) can grab the once in a generation OT Penai Sewell.
Whatever the worst possible decision is you can be sure that's what the Jets will do.

No.
One game doesn’t change anything.
Johnny Manziel lit up Alabama both times he faced them in college.

Fields isn’t a guy I see ready to be a solid starting NFL QB.

As good as he was last night he was that poor against Northwestern the previous game.

The pass he threw to Olave that set up their second TD was a bad throw that should have been a TD but Olave adjusted and caught.

Fields is a nice player but he doesn’t scream top 5 NFL draft pick to me.
Great NFL QBs are great because of what goes on between their ears. Yes, you need a certain amount of arm strength and athleticism. But many with those traits in abundance fail. Processing speed to make progressions fast and go to the right place with the ball is what separates the great ones. Up until last night, Fields was viewed as lacking in that ability. And the NFL game is faster than the college game by a lot. Even though Fields was undeniably great last night, there have been recent games he was not good. That analysis and decision is why GM's make big bucks. Will be fascinating to see what the Jets do.

OSU. But on the 11th you won't have to ask that question. He'll be in full-on homer mode.

He thinks the world of Dabo and his flesh and blood is on Clemson. I have a hard time believing he was a homer for OSU in this instance.

OSU played an unbelieveable game, so he was excited calling the action. I didn't detect homeroom. Admittedly I was not listening for that sort of thing either.

He thinks the world of Dabo and his flesh and blood is on Clemson. I have a hard time believing he was a homer for OSU in this instance.

OSU played an unbelieveable game, so he was excited calling the action. I didn't detect homeroom. Admittedly I was not listening for that sort of thing either.

Yeah for me it's as much a cumulative thing as anything else. Some are better at camouflaging allegiances than others. His recent speculation that Michigan would be afraid to show up for their game against OSU was a good case in point and he rightfully got crushed for that.

Yeah for me it's as much a cumulative thing as anything else. Some are better at camouflaging allegiances than others. His recent speculation that Michigan would be afraid to show up for their game against OSU was a good case in point and he rightfully got crushed for that.
But he ended up being right about Michigan, didn't he?

But he ended up being right about Michigan, didn't he?

Bad form for an announcer. That's why he apologized. Would he have said the same if the roles were reversed?

I was surprised he said that <for the public anyway>. He apologized because that's what you have to do in that case. To be honest, I wish he didn't apologize, especially after being right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom