Clemson vs Ohio State | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson vs Ohio State

OSU played as good as they can and Bama looked bored playing Notre Dame. I’d look out for Bama to put a good ol fashion Tide whooping on the Buckeyes.
How much money you got?

Is it just me or is the Clemson offense very simple and basic and designed to grind out wins vs lesser talent?

Once they got behind it was pretty much over and they played into OSU's hands.

I am not sure Fields will play like he has to vs Bama though.
I think OSU just played a perfect game and just looked bigger stronger and faster.Bama is different animal.

Any chance you want a do-over on this comment?
No.
One game doesn’t change anything.
Johnny Manziel lit up Alabama both times he faced them in college.

Fields isn’t a guy I see ready to be a solid starting NFL QB.

As good as he was last night he was that poor against Northwestern the previous game.

The pass he threw to Olave that set up their second TD was a bad throw that should have been a TD but Olave adjusted and caught.

Fields is a nice player but he doesn’t scream top 5 NFL draft pick to me.

Clemson looked like they did vs us. Kind of without the edge they normally have.

No.
One game doesn’t change anything.
Johnny Manziel lit up Alabama both times he faced them in college.

Fields isn’t a guy I see ready to be a solid starting NFL QB.

As good as he was last night he was that poor against Northwestern the previous game.

The pass he threw to Olave that set up their second TD was a bad throw that should have been a TD but Olave adjusted and caught.

Fields is a nice player but he doesn’t scream top 5 NFL draft pick to me.
Was Northwestern the only game of theirs that you’ve seen this year? The guy is a STUD. He played hurt against NW and he played hurt last night. He’s an infinitely better thrower than either Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson ( NFL MVPs). It was a bad take when you posted it. Now it’s off the charts embarrassing.

Yes, and have you seen OSU recruiting rankings the last 3 years? like do you think they will just roll over?

Like most games it will be won in the trenches. I do know that Bama has a much better OL than Clemson. Not even close.

Was Northwestern the only game of theirs that you’ve seen this year? The guy is a STUD. He played hurt against NW and he played hurt last night. He’s an infinitely better thrower than either Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson ( NFL MVPs). It was a bad take when you posted it. Now it’s off the charts embarrassing.

There are no sure things when it comes to NFL QBs. I personally would take Zach Wilson over Fields. But I could be wayyy off the mark. Very hard to tell as there are so many variables to success. Even last night, Fields played great but he had the benefit of a bruising running game and all night to throw. Lawrence was under heavy pressure and had no ground game. Play calling also much better by OSU than CU.

I also don’t think he will be great next level. Feel free to chew that up.

There are no sure things when it comes to NFL QBs. I personally would take Zach Wilson over Fields. But I could be wayyy off the mark. Very hard to tell as there are so many variables to success. Even last night, Fields played great but he had the benefit of a bruising running game and all night to throw. Lawrence was under heavy pressure and had no ground game. Play calling also much better by OSU than CU.

Agreed!

I think that you’ll be wrong

I think that you’ll be wrong

Add my name to the list that doesn't think Fields will be a good NFL qb. Might be effective for a year or so. But long term, I'll pass.

Agreed!

A lot of misses in that group.

There's a man with conviction. Feels so strongly about it that he had to say it 2x. You're like that guy in Goodfellas. ;)
Jimmy 2 times.
I actually responded twice because 917 posted his comment twice.
Anyway, if I can’t get Lawrence, I’m happy to take Fields. Chew that up.

Jimmy 2 times.
I actually responded twice because 917 posted his comment twice.
Anyway, if I can’t get Lawrence, I’m happy to take Fields. Chew that up.

Even the scouts miss very often so I'm not sure I'm qualified to chew anything up. I wouldn't overreact to one game - either a poor effort vs Northwestern or last night. Cardale Jones looked like superman a few years ago. That didn't work out so well.

Even the scouts miss very often so I'm not sure I'm qualified to chew anything up. I wouldn't overreact to one game - either a poor effort vs Northwestern or last night. Cardale Jones looked like superman a few years ago. That didn't work out so well.
I suggest to all to go back and watch more than one game then. The guy has been brilliant for two years now.

Probably to encourage guys to tighten their helmets to make them safer.

Isn't it one of the "Miami rules?" Miami players would take off their helmets and pose and strut after a big play. Especially on defense. Safety may be part of the rationale, but I think taunting is also a component.

Like most games it will be won in the trenches. I do know that Bama has a much better OL than Clemson. Not even close.

The down ACC lets Clemson hide a lot of their flaws in the regular season because their high end talent at key spots typically overwhelms most schools.

Reality is though they’ve been blown out in the CFP 3 of the last 4 years against elite teams that expose the weak areas.

What is the difference in college football between Fields and Manziel?

Fields is a winner in college.
Good college QB.
He is going to probably be the 3rd QB drafted behind Wilson as well.

He doesn’t have the arm strength of Kyler Murray.
I like seeing college QBs throw from one hash to routes outside the numbers on the other hash that shows NFL arm strength.
The college hashes are closer so arm strength isn’t as important.

All I said is I wouldn’t take Fields top 15.
He can be a first round pick I just see better prospects at other positions higher than him.
Lawrence and Wilson I would consider top 5 guys.
A guy like Trey Lance could pop as well like Mahomes did.
Patrick Mahomes wasn’t thought to be top pick that year he was with Watson and Tribusky.
He rose up to 10th overall and should have the first QB retrospective taken.

Last edited:
I know he's the second coming and all, but Lawrence in every game I've seen him has some misses on pretty easy throws. Always interesting how performance evens out when athletic disparity vanishes.

Is it just me or is the Clemson offense very simple and basic and designed to grind out wins vs lesser talent?

Once they got behind it was pretty much over and they played into OSU's hands.

I am not sure Fields will play like he has to vs Bama though.
i haven't paid much attention to their roster but they don't seem to have the stud receivers like they usually do.

Georgia was foolish for letting him go. Kirby stuck with Jake Fromm who was a good, not great QB. Then again, Ohio St let Burrow go.
Funny how the QB carousel works

If you want to avoid Herbie's homer calls in the national championship watch the skycam on ESPNU. No announcers at all and it was glorious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom