coach k criticized refs at halftime | Syracusefan.com

coach k criticized refs at halftime

The refs definitely marred an excellent game in the last 4 minutes with the missed baseline out-of-bounds and the second missed call on a monitor review of the Final Four. Absolutely mind boggling how they get these calls wrong after going to the monitor, especially in a Final Four game where there are twice as many camera angles as you'd normally have.

The amount of Charges/Walking /and Palming being not called are Laughable

The refs definitely marred an excellent game in the last 4 minutes with the missed baseline out-of-bounds and the second missed call on a monitor review of the Final Four. Absolutely mind boggling how they get these calls wrong after going to the monitor, especially in a Final Four game where there are twice as many camera angles as you'd normally have.
Damn the evidence,What's the sense of video replay

I agree. Wisc got a little OhioStized: they got two fouls on Okafor and K announces at halftime that there should be less fouls on Duke and more on Wisc, and sure enough, the refs rain on Wisc the entire second half.

I thought the first half had the usual bad calls going both ways. Apparently, it is OK to hit Wisc players in the head.

funny how that gets zero mention in the media. i guarantee he rides the refs harder than any other coach during a game. and funny in the 2nd half they get every call. im glad bo ryan called out the refs, its a joke.

funny how that gets zero mention in the media. i guarantee he rides the refs harder than any other coach during a game. and funny in the 2nd half they get every call. im glad bo ryan called out the refs, its a joke.
It was probably overshadowed by Bo Ryan's incessant post-game whining and moaning.

Say what you want about about K, but he is always gracious in defeat and win or lose, never fails to acknowledge the effort of his opponent.

It was probably overshadowed by Bo Ryan's incessant post-game whining and moaning.

Say what you want about about K, but he is always gracious in defeat and win or lose, never fails to acknowledge the effort of his opponent.

whats the difference if you complain about the refs at haltime or after the game? he complained at halftime then got all the calls in the 2nd half. i guarantee he let the refs know wisconsin only had 2 fouls at halftime. then magically in the 2nd half duke was in the double bonus before wisonsin even had 5 fouls on them

When did K start giving halftime interviews again? i thought he was above that and delegated to his staff. :noidea:

I am sure he did so because it was a Final Four game.

that block call when duke was down 4 got an "OH COME ON" from me. awful

whats the difference if you complain about the refs at haltime or after the game?

Well ESPN doesn't like to play CBS soundbites on a loop for the next 24hrs so the halftime complainer is classier.

This game was eerily similar to Ohio state 2012.
There was some similarity between the 2, with Sully and Oak picking up 2 quick fouls and then the refs doing a 180 and calling everything on SU/Wisky. However, the Ohio State game was much more egregious. IIRC, Ohio State shot like 43 ft's. Insane

Edit: I looked it up. OSU shot 42 ft's. We were called for 28 fouls. James Southerland, who was not exactly known for his physicality, fouled out in 11 minutes of action. 11 minutes! Dion fouled out in 20 minutes. Xmas had 4 fouls in 16 minutes.

By comparison. Wisky had nobody foul out and was only called for 15 fouls and Duke only shot 20 ft's.

Was shocked to see that we got 9 pts, 12 boards and 6 blocks combined from BMK and Xmas against OSU. Pretty solid. I've been blaming this loss on Fab for 3 years, and maybe we would have won with him, but the combined center numbers were solid.

Last edited:
Wiscy had multiple, multiple chances to salt the game away & it was the Duke freshmen guards that prevented that. Both Okafor & Justice rode the bench for long stretches. It wasn't the refs who failed to contain Grayson Allen.
Suck it up, Wisconsin!

The funny thing about the Winslow non charge is that I HATE the charge call in general. I think it's the worst call in college hoops. The only time I think it should be called is if it's obvious the offensive player is out of control. If the player makes the shot it should never be called a charge. You're gonna penalize a player for doing the object of the game, scoring the ball?? If he's in control enough to make a shot it shouldn't be a charge.

But the Winslow play was the perfect example of when it should be called a charge. Head down barreling into the defender and throwing up a wild shot that has no chance of going in. And they call a block. You just have to laugh.

Cj fair makes a beautiful athletic move and makes the basket completely in control of himself and the basketball and its a charge.

The funny thing about the Winslow non charge is that I HATE the charge call in general. I think it's the worst call in college hoops. The only time I think it should be called is if it's obvious the offensive player is out of control. If the player makes the shot it should never be called a charge. You're gonna penalize a player for doing the object of the game, scoring the ball?? If he's in control enough to make a shot it shouldn't be a charge.

But the Winslow play was the perfect example of when it should be called a charge. Head down barreling into the defender and throwing up a wild shot that has no chance of going in. And they call a block. You just have to laugh.

Cj fair makes a beautiful athletic move and makes the basket completely in control of himself and the basketball and its a charge.

I agree, sliding in front of the shooter whilst covering your nutz is not basketball. If you are out of control during a drive and knock someone over fine, that's a charge. But "taking a charge" as some defensive scheme is p***y ball.

whats the difference if you complain about the refs at haltime or after the game? he complained at halftime then got all the calls in the 2nd half. i guarantee he let the refs know wisconsin only had 2 fouls at halftime. then magically in the 2nd half duke was in the double bonus before wisonsin even had 5 fouls on them
The difference is there can be a strategy at halftime. Game is over its time for class. I agree with others that Coach K would never complain about officiating after a game. I hate Duke (but wish to hell we were Duke) and K is class

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom