Coaching staff needs time to find self also.. | Syracusefan.com

Coaching staff needs time to find self also..

crzdsufan

Walk On
So we took it on the chin. We are 0-2 with new coaches, new philosophies, new key players and against two pretty darn good teams. Lets give this staff a chance to find themselves and develop a system they feel comfortable in, one that meets our strengths. IMO some of the problem may have been some of the coaches listening to press, fans about opening up the offense. I think they did so but maybe at the cost of the strength of our offense.
What I am happy about is we didn't give up. I'm happy HCSS is upset and is willing to show it. Doesn't fix a thing but at least he's not giving excuses. I also like he is willing to make changes in his own philosophy already in that he seemingly is going to take a more active role in game planning. I'm happy, with the throttling we took in the first half, that the players believed in the system, the coaches and themselves to put a good second half together. I also like the staff is backing Allen saying he is still the starter BUT that they are not afraid at looking at a continued competition. I'm sure many are calling for Hunt as QB but as HCSS pointed out lets not look to much into his effective playing time given who was on the field and at what point of the game he was there. That said I loved what Hunt did. He seemed to have a comfort level of the play calling, put it all on the line and I was very intrigued by how the PLAYERS responded to him when he scored a TD. Watch the film and to me it was clear they united around him. That has noting to do with the point of the game he was in or what defensive players he was going up against, just a thought.
Next up Wagner. A win there doesn't fix a thing, but it does give this team and staff a chance to put some things together. Time to start the HCSS era. Anyone that thought this was going to be a walk in the park has missed the last decade of SU football. Go CUSE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom