Cohen | Syracusefan.com

Cohen

After the team's performance at UVA, I am still not getting this. Geezum, make the defense slide, create some confusion, change things up, DO SOMETHING!

Think maby they feel the offense isn’t the problem. Not saying offense isn’t good and always think there’s room for improvement. But they prob assume the defense and faceoffs is main issue and focus on that then offense. But i agree kid is clearly very skilled and smart he needs to be getting some ticks.

Is he coming back next year.. he’s a red shirt soph but was on senior day.. just wondering.. he obviously has eligibility left

Seems like a candidate to jump ship at the end of the season. Coaches don't seem to value him for whatever reasons.

Seems like a candidate to jump ship at the end of the season. Coaches don't seem to value him for whatever reasons.
That’s what I’m fearing.. like this kid.. hope that’s not the case.. I’m pretty sure Petro brought him in and recruited him at Hop

He's definitely gonna leave and u can't blame him. He belongs on the field he's to talented to stand on the sidelines.

It is such a shame for the team that this is Cook's last season! Nothing personal at all as I'm sure he's a great kid but...I couldn't believe his playing time during the Desko era and thought a new coach would do the right thing. It drives me crazy that other players have been denied playing time while Cook has seriously underachieved.

Is it correct that if you go in the portal a 2nd time you have to sit out a season? Not sure why he would want to do that.
i believe if you graduate, that rule is no longer in effect. and i'm not sure it applies outside basketball and football anyway.

i believe if you graduate, that rule is no longer in effect. and i'm not sure it applies outside basketball and football anyway.

Graduate transfers always were able to play right away regardless of how many times they have transferred in the past. Its why a certain FOGO played right away after transferring from Yale to Denver.

Graduate transfers always were able to play right away regardless of how many times they have transferred in the past. Its why a certain FOGO played right away after transferring from Yale to Denver.
what i meant was it isn't in effect for that player... sentence is a bit unclear. thx for the example, i quickly searched for a double transfer in my head, and didn't find one. i brought up graduate bc laxfanshutt said he was a part of senior day.

what i meant was it isn't in effect for that player... sentence is a bit unclear. thx for the example, i quickly searched for a double transfer in my head, and didn't find one. i brought up graduate bc laxfanshutt said he was a part of senior day.

There's actually been a number of double transfers in lax (much more prominent in the 2 major mens sports) but they are out there.

just to play devils advocate for a second...all of this love for the player is because he racked up some points in garbage time against two bad opponents when the team was already ahead by a lot?

making some noise in the second half of blowouts against st bonnies and hobart does not mean he can do the same against duke or virginia. if youre going to play midfield in the ACC at 5'8''/160 you better be the fastest player on the field and know how to protect your body

just to play devils advocate for a second...all of this love for the player is because he racked up some points in garbage time against two bad opponents when the team was already ahead by a lot?

making some noise in the second half of blowouts against st bonnies and hobart does not mean he can do the same against duke or virginia. if youre going to play midfield in the ACC at 5'8''/160 you better be the fastest player on the field and know how to protect your body
Fair points. I generally leave personnel decisions to coaches.....when I have full confidence in the coaches.

Some players you can see the talent or potential even in garbage time. Cohen has talent and potential. Do i think he could put up 6-7pts game vs acc no. But he def can draw slides and open up lanes and plays for scores. It’s not just who he showed it against. It’s the choices he makes the moves even before defender is on him. Their small signs of a good player. Or least i see it

Some players you can see the talent or potential even in garbage time. Cohen has talent and potential. Do i think he could put up 6-7pts game vs acc no. But he def can draw slides and open up lanes and plays for scores. It’s not just who he showed it against. It’s the choices he makes the moves even before defender is on him. Their small signs of a good player. Or least i see it
I agree u can see his talent and know he can play and produce. He has elite speed and athletic ability. Will he light it up like he did in garbage time probably not but can he produce as a 2nd line mid and draw slides I think 100%. Just like Will Mark played great at a mid major and it carried over to the ACC. He's tall, athletic with fast hands and mentally has the mind for a goalie. If ur very talented u can do it agajnst anyone. Like powellfan mentioned Walbaum producing at Jax coming from D3. Some guys just have it and I think Cohen has it. Probably not a 30 goal scorer but if he played full time 2nd line I can see an 18 goals 10 assists guy or something. That would be great production from a 2nd line middie. Who knows maybe even more. The kid is fast, athletic and looks like he has great stick skills too. Shame we didn't get to see him more and what he could do agajnst top competition. Hope he does come back and gets a chance next yr to fill one of those open spots. Would hate to see him shine somewhere else if he is able to transfer again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom