Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

Hes also using one of the more extreme examples. Pretty much everyone thought Joseph was going to be a solid player. Almost everyone was wrong. I get the point hes trying to make but it just doesn't really fit this situation. And everything about Joseph was playing against highschool competition...we have quite a bit of video evidence of the 2 players we are discussing playing against high major D1 athletes.
I can give you a thousand other examples, the point remains that mix tapes are literally useless.

It would take 12 blowouts where Buddy sits the last 5 minutes to even sniff the under.

I can’t imagine Swider plays the 2 unless it’s an emergency but I hope the staff telling him that isn’t an indication that we aren’t looking to bring in a 4th guard.
Luckily we don’t need a SG as much as a PG. Hopefully they still look to add a PG.

Here’s a college one. Point is these things show the best of the best of a player and if you’re not looking for the right things, useless.

The premise of this argument you guys are having aside- watching Cole quite a bit the last 3 years, the highlight tape isn't lying in terms of his game. It doesn't show the weaker areas of his game but those have been called out. He won't be Matt Gorman with all due respect to Matt.

Not sure how much competitive ball you’ve played but that dump off to Marek was our best offense because it meant we were basically 4 on 3 (only reason I say it is our sectionals team in NY, our SG was our best player and we had our best passer screen them because we did that dump each other and it opened alot of stuff up). Marek usually made the right play minus not shooting the damn long ball.

If it’s like tyler london screening, I’m all for it but Tyler had more ball skills then Cole where if they jumped the quick pass, he could drive by. I havent seen that with Swider but a highlight video said otherwise

Dolezaj getting that pass out there meant they could sag off him and fill passing/driving lanes... They dared him to shoot and he never did.

If they try the same tactic with Swider, ring him up for 30.

Let's assume we go Girard, Boeheim, Williams, Swider, Edwards as our primary lineup. That leaves us with two very good to great shooters and two very effective ones. And everybody is running around screening off our seven foot center getting open looks.

And all four guys have pump and drive in their games as well. I especially like Swider with the side step and pop.

He really is like Buddy, but three inches taller, a step slower and 30lbs heavier.

If I knew we could get a bigger version of Buddy this off-season two weeks ago, I would have been stoked.

Last edited:
Dolezaj getting that pass out there meant they could sag off him and fill passing/driving lanes... They dared him to shoot and he never did.

Let's assume we go Girard, Boeheim, Williams, Swider, Edwards as our primary lineup. That leaves us with two very good to great shooters and two very effective ones. And everybody is running around screening off our seven foot center getting open looks.

And all four guys have pump and drive in their games as well. I especially like Swider with the side step and pop.

He really is like Buddy, but three inches taller, a step slower and 30lbs heavier.

If I knew we could get a bigger version of Buddy this off-season two weeks ago, I would have been stoked.
If he was a bigger version of Buddy he’d be in the NBA not transferring after not playing for two years.

If he was a bigger version of Buddy he’d be in the NBA not transferring after not playing for two years.

Buddy is a good offensive player, but you put him in Villanova's pressure defense, and he might be unplayable too.

Offensively, he looks a lot like Buddy.

Last edited:

Eh- I don't know. There aren't very many " bigger versions of Buddy" in the NBA right now.

Who are the very effective ones?

Who are the very effective ones?
I’m guessing joe.

Not sure who the other is. Can Benny shoot? I’m sure he can play, not sure what the expectation is for him from an outside shooting standpoint though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom