Coleman tomorrow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coleman tomorrow

I understand what the OP is saying, but I don't think the next game is some kind of all-or-nothing proposition. As JB has asserted for the past few months, it's going to be a gradual process with DC. Lots of rust, and he hadn't established himself yet pre-injury, either.

I'm going with this as well. It's too early to tell - I never thought he looked all that talented down low early on as he seemed entirely reliant on his strength, but at this point it's anybody's guess what we get. I'm hoping he just keeps showing progress. You have to root for the kid - he's worked hard. Hoping he can at least put up some numbers grabbing rebounds tomorrow.

As I've stated elsewhere, I am bullish on Coleman and encouraged by the way he has looked physically in the the two exhibitions and the opener. I am willing to let JB integrate him into the offense and fully expect to see that happen as he gets more minutes under his belt. While I don't expect him to be a defensive force in the middle, I do expect him to provide solid rebounding, just as he has in the past. Provided he stays healthy, I anticipate him giving this team somewhere around 25-30 mpg, 10 ppg and 8 rpg.

I may ultimately be proven wrong, but I sure as hell am not going to make every game a referendum on his career.

Where can I sign?

There seems to be plenty of room left on the Coleman bandwagon. You can sit right up front next to me.

Are you still on the DC bandwagon? (not asking that in a snarky way, being genuine). Is there still room for improvement or are 4 point 2 rebound type games against legitimate competition really the best we can expect from him at this point?

Are you still on the DC bandwagon? (not asking that in a snarky way, being genuine). Is there still room for improvement or are 4 point 2 rebound type games against legitimate competition really the best we can expect from him at this point?
prolly depends on his foul situation - if he has 2 early ones, yeah that'll be the standard stat line... I thought maybe he'd turned the corner against the final two pre-conf creampuffs with consistent finishing near the basket, but alas...

Man, did you have to get in a time machine to find this?

Yes, still bullish on Coleman, provided he can figure out a way to stay out of foul trouble. I had envisioned him ultimately giving this team about 25 mpg game, but that hasn't happened yet. If he can get there (and I think he is now physically capable of doing so), he would be good for about 8ppg and 7rpg given his current rate of production. I'm still holding out hope it will happen.

he was just never that good to begin with. "rust" is just a masking factor for what truth people are bending over backwards to avoid staring at. Before he got hurt he was showing signs of being fairly pedestrian. It only got worse after.

Man, did you have to get in a time machine to find this?

Yes, I did. November 2015 was a wonderful time -- you should have seen yourself, you were so young and idealistic. :)

I want DC to succeed so badly, for both his sake (he's by all accounts a great kid) and the sake of the team. I think his lack of productivity and general court awareness is the single biggest reason (amongst many others) that we are struggling.

Yes, I did. November 2015 was a wonderful time -- you should have seen yourself, you were so young and idealistic. :)
Yes, yes I was. Those were heady times, and anything seemed possible -- world harmony, sane political discourse, an SU Final Four run. And the women all loved the cut of my jib. How I miss those days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom