Coleman?? | Syracusefan.com

Coleman??

shandeezy7

Living Legend
We're literally getting doubled up on the boards. Why does he play zero minutes in the second half? It makes absolutely no sense. It's not like Lydon was giving us anything on the offensive end. Head scratcher for sure.

That was the most frustrating part about tonight. Bad shooting nights happen. But Lydon was less than stellar on both ends tonight, and Wiscy was killing us on the boards, I have no idea why Coleman got no run at all. It's almost like JB was just hoping Lydon would hit a few 3s or something. Tonight was a defensive battle and we needed to be more stout on that end, there's no reason why Coleman should have got 0 PT. I know JB tends to not bench players who are playing well, but no one was great tonight.

Also, our best offensive run came with Kaleb running the point, and he sees no run at all in the 2nd half until Roberson gets his 4th?? We should have won tonight, bad shooting and all, but we are gonna struggle mor eoften than not this year if we stick with just 5 guys no matter what.

Also, our best offensive run came with Kaleb running the point, and he sees no run at all in the 2nd half until Roberson gets his 4th?? We should have won tonight, bad shooting and all, but we are gonna struggle mor eoften than not this year if we stick with just 5 guys no matter what.

This was frustrating; would have liked a little more opportunity for Joseph in the second half. I imagine Boeheim was prioritizing defense. Cooney defended pretty well and Joseph isn't as good on that end.

This was frustrating; would have liked a little more opportunity for Joseph in the second half. I imagine Boeheim was prioritizing defense. Cooney defended pretty well and Joseph isn't as good on that end.

Thought Joseph generally did not play well when he was in. Got a lucky bounce on one of his two jumpers during that 6 pt spurt and also got to shoot two FTs on a somewhat dubious foul that could have gone as a charge. Was out of control on drives to the basket a couple times as well. I really want him to do well, but man, he is a hard dude to root for.

That was the most frustrating part about tonight. Bad shooting nights happen. But Lydon was less than stellar on both ends tonight, and Wiscy was killing us on the boards, I have no idea why Coleman got no run at all. It's almost like JB was just hoping Lydon would hit a few 3s or something. Tonight was a defensive battle and we needed to be more stout on that end, there's no reason why Coleman should have got 0 PT. I know JB tends to not bench players who are playing well, but no one was great tonight.

The offense was much better with KJ in the game. They were up and JB puts Roberson back in and it all fell apart. TR was just atrocious tonight. I think he needs a shrink or quit using that Soul Glo in his hair.

The offense was much better with KJ in the game. They were up and JB puts Roberson back in and it all fell apart. TR was just atrocious tonight. I think he needs a shrink or quit using that Soul Glo in his hair.[/QUOTE

I could be mistaken Cuse being up prior to KJ being pulled. I still believe they were flowing better with him in the game.

Thought Joseph generally did not play well when he was in. Got a lucky bounce on one of his two jumpers during that 6 pt spurt and also got to shoot two FTs on a somewhat dubious foul that could have gone as a charge. Was out of control on drives to the basket a couple times as well. I really want him to do well, but man, he is a hard dude to root for.

Can't agree with that; he was out of control on his late drive in overtime, but Joseph seemed like the only Syracuse player who was able to drive off the dribble and shift the defense earlier in the game. As a result, he got a few assists in setting up jumpshooters who were open because their defender cheated off on Joseph. I liked what he contributed on offense (and he didn't make any ugly mistakes on defense, though I'll readily concede that Cooney was a better option up top).

As far as lucky bounces go, Joseph's not the only beneficiary tonight.

Can't agree with that; he was out of control on his late drive in overtime, but Joseph seemed like the only Syracuse player who was able to drive off the dribble and shift the defense earlier in the game. As a result, he got a few assists in setting up jumpshooters who were open because their defender cheated off on Joseph. I liked what he contributed on offense (and he didn't make any ugly mistakes on defense, though I'll readily concede that Cooney was a better option up top).

As far as lucky bounces go, Joseph's not the only beneficiary tonight.
Great profile pic!

We're literally getting doubled up on the boards. Why does he play zero minutes in the second half? It makes absolutely no sense. It's not like Lydon was giving us anything on the offensive end. Head scratcher for sure.

Coleman got benched because of three turn overs in the first half. He grabbed three defensive rebounds brought the ball down to his waist and got it picked by a Wisc guard for an easy 2 points. Absolutely nothing drives JB more crazy!

When the only thing you do well (rebounding) turns into a turnover you have no reason to be on the floor.

Had a nice stretch where he assisted on two threes and a penetration and kick out to Lydon in the corner for a three that was missed in the second half when syracuse took the lead. He didn't play poorly tonight

Any chance he was hurt and sore from Atlantis? Boeheim knows it, puts him in to see what he can do, but pulls him when it's obvious he's not doing well? Doesn't put him back in because he's trying to save his knees? It's possible, right?

You cant expect coleman to play when you can give those valuable minutes to KJ.

the Wisconsin guys were running circles around him, what do you expect the coach to do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom