Colgate Game Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate Game Thread

CuseHulk said:
Seriously 30 replies ? Did people forget we had a game tonight ?

I presumed most people were at the game.

I presumed most people were at the game.
Yup. I was there. It was a nice "relaxing" game. The most enthusiasm we got all night - and this happens every single game we get close - was getting to 75 and tacos. Took them 4 min. to score 2 points, and you can tell all the players start getting twitchy. In the meantime, Boeheim is sending in walk ons and everyone is trying to get that damn bucket. I think BJ finally hit a 3 and the crowd roared! Now, there weren't many people there but it was surprising how loud that roar was.

To give all of the fans credit, it's not just the tacos they want, but just the IDEA that we could score 75 gets everyone's hearts a-flutter.

I asked my daughter, "Do you remember when we used to do fast breaks?" and she said, "No." She is young, but still....

I'm always glad to go to a game and walk to and from the Dome under mild winter skies. Oh! Here's something weird: there seemed to be about 400 crows roosting at the very tops of 4 to 5 trees close to the Dome. They were flying thickly and wheeling about and then settling in, and when you looked up you could see the tops of the trees were chock full o' crows!

bballbeadle said:
Yup. I was there. It was a nice "relaxing" game. The most enthusiasm we got all night - and this happens every single game we get close - was getting to 75 and tacos. Took them 4 min. to score 2 points, and you can tell all the players start getting twitchy. In the meantime, Boeheim is sending in walk ons and everyone is trying to get that damn bucket. I think BJ finally hit a 3 and the crowd roared! Now, there weren't many people there but it was surprising how loud that roar was. To give all of the fans credit, it's not just the tacos they want, but just the IDEA that we could score 75 gets everyone's hearts a-flutter. I asked my daughter, "Do you remember when we used to do fast breaks?" and she said, "No." She is young, but still... I'm always glad to go to a game and walk to and from the Dome under mild winter skies. Oh! Here's something weird: there seemed to be about 400 crows roosting at the very tops of 4 to 5 trees close to the Dome. They were flying thickly and wheeling about and then settling in, and when you looked up you could see the tops of the trees were chock full o' crows!
When I've been to the Dome I've stayed at the Parkside and always walk. It's pleasant. I haven't gone last year or this cause I can only get seats in the last couple of rows and the combination of the extra high steps and no handrails is too much for me. If I drop a substantial amount of weight it might be easier. I don't know what's up with the no handrails. I was in the second to last row in the Georgia Dome and they had normal size stairs and handrails and I was just a tad winded after climbing up. And I was only a little thinner then. Of course if CTO was to will me her seats for a cupcake the stairs wouldn't be an issue ; )

Yup. I was there. It was a nice "relaxing" game. The most enthusiasm we got all night - and this happens every single game we get close - was getting to 75 and tacos. Took them 4 min. to score 2 points, and you can tell all the players start getting twitchy. In the meantime, Boeheim is sending in walk ons and everyone is trying to get that damn bucket. I think BJ finally hit a 3 and the crowd roared! Now, there weren't many people there but it was surprising how loud that roar was.

To give all of the fans credit, it's not just the tacos they want, but just the IDEA that we could score 75 gets everyone's hearts a-flutter.

I asked my daughter, "Do you remember when we used to do fast breaks?" and she said, "No." She is young, but still...

I'm always glad to go to a game and walk to and from the Dome under mild winter skies. Oh! Here's something weird: there seemed to be about 400 crows roosting at the very tops of 4 to 5 trees close to the Dome. They were flying thickly and wheeling about and then settling in, and when you looked up you could see the tops of the trees were chock full o' crows!

Maybe it was a sign from the universe that changing your duck avatar to a crow will bring you the level of success posting that the Cuse had tonight? Crows don't seem to get much love, and when they finally started to for a brief period, Brandon Lee had to give his life in exchange. I think more credence should be given to crows for their visual memory ability as well as other traits.

I'm glad Taco Bell has their free taco gimmick, because it gives SU fans something to potentially cheer for late in games. This isn't the first time this season that the loudest the dome was, despite the exodus, was at Taco Time. Pavlov would be proud.

Last edited:
Oh! Here's something weird: there seemed to be about 400 crows roosting at the very tops of 4 to 5 trees close to the Dome.
The crows? That's a matter for some forum members and Garry Cooney. :)
1391481286000-USATSI-7712143.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom