Colgate Predictions... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate Predictions...

I wonder what the line will be? I would think in the 25-30 range normally but the last few colgate P5 type games have been 40-50 so it may be a big number

I just hope that we don’t have a Wagner situation where they have shorter quarters and a running clock in the second half.
I hope we do and I hope our star players aren’t left in too long, like Tucker was last year

A lot to a little.. we all know which is which.

I just hope that we don’t have a Wagner situation where they have shorter quarters and a running clock in the second half.

That was terrible last year. You can control the game and develop younger players by using your entire roster in a game like that. It’s not fair to the fans who want to see an entire game. And, it’s not fair to younger guys on the roster who are counting on games like that to get in a game.

I hope we jump on Colgate early so we can start taking starters out early in the second quarter. We should be prepared to play third and fourth stringers in the second half. Personally, I want to see what some of the transfers and younger guys can do.

I want to se all four quarterbacks play.

I want to see what the JC xfer running backs can do.

I hope we are all looking at the roster in the second half to see “who’s that?”

I hope if you want to see the new punter (Stonehouse) hit the media board above the field with one of his punts that you better get in early and watch him in pre-game warmups cause he shouldn’t be punting in this game.

I’m not coming out from California to watch half a game.

Win - keep starters healthy - give younger guys a chance to play.

That was terrible last year. You can control the game and develop younger players by using your entire roster in a game like that. It’s not fair to the fans who want to see an entire game. And, it’s not fair to younger guys on the roster who are counting on games like that to get in a game.

I hope we jump on Colgate early so we can start taking starters out early in the second quarter. We should be prepared to play third and fourth stringers in the second half. Personally, I want to see what some of the transfers and younger guys can do.

I hope if you want to see the new punter (Stonehouse) hit the media board above the field with one of his punts that you better get in early and watch him in pre-game warmups cause he shouldn’t be punting in this game.

I agree totally. We could’ve taken out all our 2 deep players and let guys on the bottom of our roster get game experience. With our injury history the last few years you can never rule out one of them potentially needing to contribute at some point during the season.

This. I brought my family to that game and the entire second half was beyond frustrating from my perspective.

I was expecting a lot of bench players to get play in that game in general.

Dino probably could of and should have pulled starters after Q1

This is it! We're on the verge of something big! The all-time series is tied up and is ours for the taking!

I wonder if, during the days of the Colgate Hoodoo, Syracuse fans ever thought they would take the lead in the all-time series.

So, here we are: Syracuse avoids the upset, wins 51-7.

Cuse 59
Colgate 10

Shrader is out halfway thru the third.

Geez, Rutgers is playing a dead team walking in NW and they are projected to win at home by 4. Go Shady!
Just looked at their schedule

If they don't start off 4-1 I could see Shady feeling some heat.

Two toss ups (Northwestern and VaTech home) and two should be wins at home (Wagner and Temple).

Because after those first four of five (Michigan is other), they are looking at a long finish.

Maybe Michigan State and or Indiana they can go 2-0 or 1-1.

Maryland to end the year, might be their last hope at 5-7.

Worst case for them is they start off 2-3 and then lose out.

Realistically they probably go 3-2 to start and go 1-6 or 2-5 to finish the season.

Greg is going to start feeling some pressure from the NJ media during and after this season.

It'll be another season off his contract they won't have to eat and another season without results after a massive investment into him and the program.

Their schedule in 2024 and 2025 is a tough row to hoe

It’s going to be interesting if scoring is down this year due to not stopping the clock after timeouts. Long drives could eat ups full quarter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom