College Football Playoff seeding | Syracusefan.com

College Football Playoff seeding

Id personally go

1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma

Its funny how all these commentators are still saying Ohio State is still better... like really. LSU just won by 30+ against the #4 team with a pro Georgia crowd.

Ohio State barely got through a good not great Wisconsin team

Id personally go

1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma

Its funny how all these commentators are still saying Ohio State is still better... like really. LSU just won by 30+ against the #4 team with a pro Georgia crowd.

But that's only one week. Are we looking at just yesterday or the whole season? It's a close call but I think it's wrong to discount Ohio State as a candidate.

LSU’s schedule has been harder than Ohio State’s.
LSU played road games
At Alabama
At Texas
Beat Georgia in Atlanta
Florida at home
Auburn at home

Ohio State’s best wins
At Michigan
Wisconsin x2 at home and at Indianapolis.
Penn State at home
Cincinnati at home

LSU has dominated games as well.

I go
1. LSU vs. Oklahoma in Atlanta
2. Ohio State vs. Clemson in Glendale.

I thought this year would be drama free as the four teams are pretty straight forward but I forgot seed lol.

btw

LSU vs OU

OSU vs Clemson

I’m voting LSU v. OU and Clemson v. OSU. Best games. If it’s OSU v. OU and LSU v. Clemson, it just doesn’t pass the look test.

Id personally go

1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma

I think Clemson and Ohio State on a neutral field is pretty close to a pick em, but I just don't see any possible way Clemson should be seeded higher than OSU. OSU's resume is just light-years better. Wisconsin is an excellent team and Ohio State beat them twice by double digits. Clemson was a two-point conversion from losing to UNC.

I thought this year would be drama free as the four teams are pretty straight forward but I forgot seed lol.

btw

LSU vs OU

OSU vs Clemson

that’s what I have in the other thread. That’s how I would go but I think the committee will keep osu at 1.

I think Clemson and Ohio State on a neutral field is pretty close to a pick em, but I just don't see any possible way Clemson should be seeded higher than OSU. OSU's resume is just light-years better. Wisconsin is an excellent team and Ohio State beat them twice by double digits. Clemson was a two-point conversion from losing to UNC.

Ohio State beat everyone on their schedule by double digits. I'm just really impressed by them this year

Ohio State beat everyone on their schedule by double digits. I'm just really impressed by them this year
For me, there’s still that worry of how they’ll do against Clemson/SEC speed and athleticism.

I’m sorry, but Michigan and Wisconsin don’t have Etienne, Lawrence, Higgins, Ross / Burrow, Jefferson, Helaire etc to be combined with elite team speed and talent on defense.

OSu played 4-5 tough games and thats if you think Wisc was tough.

cincy they dominated
mich/psu they struggled
1 wisc game they dominated 1 they struggled

LSU played 4-5 really tough games and thats if you think Texas was tough
Ga they dominated
ala/aub/tex/FL they struggled

but to me aub/ala/Fl are all better than anyone OSU played

Clem
played 1 close game UNC and 1 other semi close game TAM
dominated everyone else
But since UNC they have hammered everyone. just the schedule is so weak who knows.

I'd go with LSU vs. Oklahoma and Clemson vs. Ohio State. With Clemson-thatOSU, we're arguing over who gets to wear their colored jerseys and then who calls the coin toss.

Georgia is the most overrated program. Does anyone else come up small as much as them in big games. Honestly I wonder how overrated the SEC is as a conference. The QB for Clemson can't get time for Ohio State and tranfers to LSU and is a heisman candidate?

I am biased but I think Clemson is #1 and hope they stomp all of these other hacks

I think they should do away with seeding and draw the matchups out of a hat.

Not because that's a better way, but because football coaches are control freaks and having a chance element in that would make them break out in hives. Which would be great entertainment.

imagine if all 4 teams went to one location and they decided who was gonna play each other in a random draw the night before the game..

Sorry but Clemson is still the best team in football and they will prove it again.

I mean I think there’s a lot to the idea that Clemson should be number one until dethroned.

Still going with my seeds tho

Crystal clear top 4 although seeding can legitimately be debated. Going to 8 teams would be entirely an unnecessary money grab like most years.

Crystal clear top 4 although seeding can legitimately be debated. Going to 8 teams would be entirely an unnecessary money grab like most years.
The seeding is the only drama, obviously, but LSU and OSU are probably HEAVY hoping for that 1 spot. The difference between playing Clemson and playing OU is about as massive as it gets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom