College Football Sim League | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

My schedule is the same way with a week 1 road trip to the number 8 team and a week 5 road trip to the number 5 team. Hopefully my guys will be hard-nosed by the time we get into conference play.
I play the #4 team week 1... we could really make some noise to start the season.

Some quick observations from the new system in the other league:
  • The better team will win most of the games.
  • Defense is vastly improved.
  • I see a huge variation of offenses being used and will say that no scheme seems to work better than others (in the last version it seemed like passing squads were better off, that's not necessarily the case anymore).
I have a feeling most people are still getting used to the new engine in that league, so some of the above could change as people start to tinker.. My Wheaton team over there went 14-3 last season and to the 3rd rd of the playoffs, losing to the eventual champion. This season, the team is off to a 9-1 start with the only loss being to the #8 team, who is still undefeated, 31-10. My defense is just nasty in that league though, as I've outscored opponents 452 - 81. In conference play, 5 games, I've outscored teams 255 - 16. You read those both right. My QB is #21 in pass yds and my HB is #15 in rush yards all of D3 there. Sounds like I'm gloating, but just trying to provide more color as to my comments above.

Some quick observations from the new system in the other league:
  • The better team will win most of the games.
  • Defense is vastly improved.
  • I see a huge variation of offenses being used and will say that no scheme seems to work better than others (in the last version it seemed like passing squads were better off, that's not necessarily the case anymore).
I have a feeling most people are still getting used to the new engine in that league, so some of the above could change as people start to tinker.. My Wheaton team over there went 14-3 last season and to the 3rd rd of the playoffs, losing to the eventual champion. This season, the team is off to a 9-1 start with the only loss being to the #8 team, who is still undefeated, 31-10. My defense is just nasty in that league though, as I've outscored opponents 452 - 81. In conference play, 5 games, I've outscored teams 255 - 16. You read those both right. My QB is #21 in pass yds and my HB is #15 in rush yards all of D3 there. Sounds like I'm gloating, but just trying to provide more color as to my comments above.
On the defensive side of the ball do you see more 4-3 or 3-4 from contenders?

On the defensive side of the ball do you see more 4-3 or 3-4 from contenders?
Honestly, if I told you, I'd have to kill you...

Looking at the top 10 teams, I don't see any 3-4. That said, it could just be a factor of teams adapting too. I saw a few teams with SR/JR LBs that ran it last year, but they had to retool is my guess, so not in the top 10.

I'll have you all know, for the first time in 5 seasons, the Utica Pioneers have carried over recruiting funds! This ship is setting sail baby. And, I know wholeheartedly, the $7 that carried over will be key to securing a heavily contested recruitment. Stay out my way! That is all.

I'll have you all know, for the first time in 5 seasons, the Utica Pioneers have carried over recruiting funds! This ship is setting sail baby. And, I know wholeheartedly, the $7 that carried over will be key to securing a heavily contested recruitment. Stay out my way! That is all.
You hired an accountant?

Rebuilding year for Hobart after our 1st trip to the playoffs and a top 15 ranking.. Now that Ive tasted the Big dance, Im hooked. This year could be ugly, but I had the best recruiting class ive ever had, by far. Ranked #3 in all of D3. So beat up on me now, those of you who play me, because in a couple years we will be crushing it.

PS - two new teams in the Centennial this year, that makes me happy.

Alright, I've completed some offensive playbooks. That junk is ridiculously in depth. The depth charts as well. After reading the tutorial I realized there's alot more to it than just going to depth chart and setting them.

But, on another note, has anybody put together defensive playbooks yet? I have not, and the reason is that they're so ridiculously in depth that I need stats for the other team to use before I waste the time. What's the point of inputing the data if you're just throwing darts at the wall?

Hartwick's was good...could have been better...but i like who i got...got the rbs i wanted and no sim recruits this time...

Sent from my SCH-S738C using

You beat me out for Calvin Cain. He's a nice player. And a nice win for you to boot.

I can't catch a break!! My team has out gained both of my last two opponents and I have only turned the ball over twice in three games, yet I am 0-3 going on the road for my last to non-conference games. This is getting ugly fast.

Finally of the snide!! It took two special team touchdowns and the ability to hold of a furious rally, but we got the W. On to the next one @ #8 Redlands.

Congratulations Clev!!! #1

Way to represent the conference baby! I'll see you Thursday Night!!!

Thank you, Thank you!!!! My defense has been stout this year. Still working on some things offensively, but I think were getting there. I cant look ahead to far, we need to take one game at a time, but at Utica under the lights just sounds difficult.

Conference play starts tonight boys!!! Good luck to BK and his always tough Western Connecticut State team, i've notice more than one of my recruits on that roster.

Up at half against the powerhouse Plymouth St. I have his offense figured out, just hope the radical changes I just made on defense will crush his a$$ in the second half. He better bring it!

I'm down 1 to #1 Worcester Tech...

I messed with the playbook a little.. didnt like it. Going back to my usual, maybe it will help me get a little offense.

I'm down 1 to #1 Worcester Tech...

I messed with the playbook a little.. didnt like it. Going back to my usual, maybe it will help me get a little offense.

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND (lee Corso voice)!!!!

I'll be honest, I changed some stuff last night. Woke up to see the score, got real scared and reset everything back

Edit: Your the first team to score over 10 points on me this year, and you almost did it both halves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BOOM! Down goes the beast on a last second FG! You cannot hold me down.. Worcester Tech.. count your lucky stars you're dodging me this year. I by no means think Ithaca goes undefeated in conference play, but I do think they could win against anyone this season.

BOOM! Down goes the beast on a last second FG! You cannot hold me down.. Worcester Tech.. count your lucky stars you're dodging me this year. I by no means think Ithaca goes undefeated in conference play, but I do think they could win against anyone this season.

hmmmmmm, I could be mistaken, but I thought we already agreed we were going to square off in the Championship game over that recruit I won? Wont be the only thing I win this year…...:rolling:

Hey, for everyone enjoying the football side... You should check out the Basketball side. A few of us have been having a blast over there, and are have been putting together some solid teams!

hmmmmmm, I could be mistaken, but I thought we already agreed we were going to square off in the Championship game over that recruit I won? Wont be the only thing I win this year…...:rolling:
I'll be there, worried about you getting there though!;)

Last edited:
So I have gone 9 games and have a grand total of...... 0 interceptions. That folks is how you go 1 and 8