College Hoops’ Top 10 Most Hated Players Ever | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops’ Top 10 Most Hated Players Ever

How does Carl Krauser not make that list?

Zero for 30 from 3 until he plays SU and its the last 2 minutes.

And I'll add mystery pic for you (oldie but goodie):

h_broadnax1.gif

(Hint: He's the little bytch that kneed Andre' Hawkins in the groin)

Horace Broadnax
That took about ... 10 seconds. lol

The hoya girls remember him as a "stat-stuffer". We remember him as a dirty little bytch that made Devo look like orphan annie.

10. Luke Harangody​
9. Eddie Griffin​
8. Troy Murphy​
7. Hasheem Thabeet​
6. Omar Cook​
5. Allen Iverson​
4. Jared Dudley​
3. Kalid El-Amin​
2. Patrick Ewing​
1. Michael Graham​

Good list. Was waiting to see Harangody.

I'd add:
Gordon Hayward (really the entire 2010 Butler Bulldogs)
Donatas Zavackas (I think that's the foreign kid on the 03 Pitt team)
Aaron Craft
Marcus Williams (dude commits the exact same crime as AJ Price but gets to play while AJ sits out - and UConn fans actually think that Syracuse reinstating Southerland is shady).
Mike Marra and Kyle Kuric - just because they both completely went off on us out of nowhere. I really don't have anything against them or any visceral hatred like I have had for these other guys, but in the course of single games I absolutely hated them.
Jack Cooley. Does Notre Dame have a quota for gangly white kids who don't have much talent but get a pass for their thug play because of their "effort"?
Ben Hansbrough - is there a less deserving BE POY in history?

Honorable mention: Kelvin Sampson and the goon from Oklahoma who tried to take out Carmelo.

#1 is Michael Graham
#2 is Keith Friel
I don't know how other feel, but I hated Keith Friel. Dude sucked and never did anything else in his career (he transferred from ND to UVA) but he had one game against SU when he couldn't miss. I'm talking shot clock running down, standing near the coaching box 30 feet from the hoop, hand-in-his face threes. Scores like 20 points against us and proceeeded to average 1.2 ppg (only slight exaggeration) the rest of his career. Every time he came in a game for ND or the Cavaliers the announcer would have to bring up his game against SU. He sold his soul to satan to have one good game in his life.
SU @ ND 1998
#3 Carl Krauser
for doing that "X" move with his arms
#4 Foreign Dude
By now a composite of several people. That guy from Pitt who wanted to fight SU fans. Seems like Seton Hall has 3 on their roster at any given time. The thug that Oklahoma sent in to try to injure Carmelo...

I have so many others. I never knew I was so full of hate. I'm a terrible Quaker.

I did. I was in college and I couldnt stand them. With us on probation too I was pretty bitter back then.

I did love however love the UNLV teams. Weird I know.

Glad to see your age doesn't change your PBR-pounding ability :eek:

For some reason the link isnt coming up at work, so I dont know who is on it... I've never hated anyone more in my life then Kevin Pittsnogle... Dude straight ruined my bracket in 05. Every once in a while I google him, just to make sure that he is still 300 pounds, and still "in inappropriate shape to return to even semi-professional basketball leagues"

I'm not sure why, when Georgetown has had so many hate-worthy players, but a darkhorse entry for me would be Kevin Braswell. That smirking son of a b*tch really got under my skin. Glad he got sentenced to play in the Esherick Era.

The list is preposterous without a long line of G-towners...starting with Ewing, Motumbo (not withstanding his new commercial), Mourning, Ed "the Original Mailman" Spriggs, Reggie Williams and Perry McDonald.
Michael Graham, of course, but outside of Syracuse fans who remembers him?

By the way...Esherick is now a law professor at George Mason U.
Lucky them.

The list is preposterous without a long line of G-towners...starting with Ewing, Motumbo (not withstanding his new commercial), Mourning, Ed "the Original Mailman" Spriggs, Reggie Williams and Perry McDonald.
Michael Graham, of course, but outside of Syracuse fans who remembers him?

By the way...Esherick is now a law professor at George Mason U.
Lucky them.
Wasn't too fond of John Duren and Sleepy Floyd, either.

It's funny, I hated Jared Dudley with a passion in college but now I kind of like him, because frankly, he's a pretty funny guy. Same with Jalen Rose. I know I said "who hated the Fab 5" in this exact thread but Jalen was far and away my least favorite of that team at the time, but now I think he's my favorite. Weird how that works.

Same.

Disliked Dudley as much as any player ever. Hated that they upset us in the first round in 2004, hated their cheap, poorly-reffed win over us the next year, hated their undeserved high ranking and tournament run.

Then he graduated and got some media exposure and I realized he's a witty and pleasant individual. Still think his BC teams stunk, though.

Marcus Williams should be on this list. Pat Garrity should definitely be on this list. Krauser was a punk, but Pittsburgh isn't relevant and the omission is understandable.

I don't care if he played football at SU but I HATED Paulus at Duke. Him and Scheyer in that backcourt.

Still love this clip, the teabag chant was also pretty great (also available on YT)

Even with him jumping over him Paulus still goes down like he was shot in the head.

Good list. Was waiting to see Harangody.

I'd add:
Gordon Hayward (really the entire 2010 Butler Bulldogs)

I never could muster up any hatred for the Hayward kid, in fact I kind of liked him. The rest of that team MORE than made up for it though - now Matt Howard, I LOATHED that kid.

5 pages til I finally saw Keith Smart. Almost lost faith in humanity there for a moment.

Couple more names for consideration...TJ Sorrentine. And Deshaun Williams.

5 pages til I finally saw Keith Smart. Almost lost faith in humanity there for a moment.

Couple more names for consideration...TJ Sorrentine. And Deshaun Williams.
Definitely Sorrentine and their other dude (Mopa-Gilla). Plus if you put Deshaun Williams on your list are you putting McCroskey on as well. How about Josh and Dayshawn Wright. Those guys messed up a good deal.

I could put any post player from Pitt over the last 10 years on this list. I'll go with Chevy Troutman. Krauser for sure and I also hated Donny Marshall. I loved when Moten shoved him out of bounds in the regular season game at UConn.

Definitely Sorrentine and their other dude (Mopa-Gilla). Plus if you put Deshaun Williams on your list are you putting McCroskey on as well. How about Josh and Dayshawn Wright. Those guys messed up a good deal.

I grew up and played against Dayshawn Wright. Good kid who had a bad upbringing and just wasn't smart enough to cut it college. I always wished him the best.
Josh Wright on the other hand was a dick to say it nicely and had the worst attitude ever. His posse from Utica did not help at all during those dark years.

There are two kinds of players that bother me: 1) stooges that suck but can't miss when they play SU (Kuric tops that list; Friel from way back; the dude from Marquette a couple of years ago (not DJO) that couldn't miss against us; and Krauser with his 'X' and miracle heaves in the last 2 minutes; and 2) worthless street thugs that are in the game for bounty - Dove from Oakie State; Graham from the Hoyettes are the two most obvious from history. I'll leave Broadnax off this list -- he's definitely dirty enough but he's too small and irrelevant to be listed anywhere for anything.

I could add a third category for nightmare heaves - the kid from Cleveland State, the 6'10 kid from Butgers that banked a 3 to win at the (C)rak in 03, Keith Smart with a prayer as he fell out of bounds in 87.

Suckheads chucking bull.

But that's life as an elite program with a bullseye on its back.

There are two kinds of players that bother me: 1) chuckers that suck but can't miss when they play SU (Kuric tops that list; Friel from way back; the dude from Marquette a couple of years ago (not DJO) that couldn't miss against us; and Krauser for sucking except against us; and 2) worthless thugs that are in the game for bounty - Dove from Oakie State; Graham from the Hoyettes are the two most obvious from history.

I'm not even adding a third category for nightmare heaves - the kid from Cleveland State, the 6'10 kid from Butgers that banked a 3 to win at the (C)Rak, Keith Smart with a miracle heave falling out of bounds in 87. Pearl and G-Mac weren't in this category...because they were actually good players who could shoot in the clutch, not suckheads chucking bull.
Herv Lamanzana