College Hoops’ Top 10 Most Hated Players Ever | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops’ Top 10 Most Hated Players Ever

Herv Lamanzana
Yah, that's the name. Amazing in his irrelevance, except for the miracle heave.

And I left out someone else...in the first group -- Sorentine from vermont. Pure suck...except when he played SU in the tourney. Then it was like he was on meth ... 23', 24', 28' it didn't matter. And the moron next to him went 4 for 4 as well ...

and then they both faded into obscurity (where they belonged in the first place).

Yah, that's the name. Amazing in his irrelevance, except for the miracle heave.

And I left out someone else...in the first group -- Sorentine from vermont. Pure suck...except when he played SU in the tourney. Then it was like he was on meth ... 23', 24', 28' it didn't matter. And the moron next to him went 4 for 4 as well ...

and then they both faded into obscurity (where they belonged in the first place).
Tyler Coppenrath?

Tyler Coppenrath?
I'm actually not including him b/c he was a decent player. Sorentine was some stooge from the playground that had a miracle night -- then disappeared. That's pretty hard to tolerate.

The other dude was "Melfatino"??? Bad enough that Sorentine pulled the game out of his a**, but a second guy with a career (suck) game ... that's just unforgivable.

I'm actually not including him b/c he was a decent player. Sorentine was some stooge from the playground that had a miracle night -- then disappeared. That's pretty hard to tolerate.
Oh Germain Mopa Njila

Oh Germain Mopa Njila
There you go... and you're (quietly and helpfully) making my point -- these idiots were so obscure that their names are hard to recall, except for one night of suck .. against a big-name team. King for a day ... with 28 foot heaves. Then they go away (and leave us with the stain).

There you go... and you're (quietly and helpfully) making my point -- these idiots were so obscure that there names are hard to recall. But they had one suck night .. against a big team. King for a day ... with 28 foot heaves. Then they go away (and leave us with the stain).
A shitstreak so to speak.

A shitstreak so to speak.
Yes. I know I'm building a persecution complex tonight ... but this thread is therapeutic .. it all comes rushing back. The Richmond Spiders. Vermont. Street-thugs picking fights. Dudes kicking our guys in the groin ... from a (supposedly) well-respected northeast university.

Even now, in 2013, I can't buy a general admission ticket to see Syracuse play GT at the verizon? Why ... because THEY DON'T WANT SU FANS TO ATTEND THE GAME!! Amazingly pathetic.

I'd say sportsmanship is on life-support at GT, but looking back, it's never been part of the curriculum.

Yes. I know I'm building a persecution complex tonight ... but this thread is therapeutic .. it all comes rushing back. The Richmond Spiders. Vermont. Street-thugs picking fights or kicking our guys in the groin from a (supposedly) well-respected northeast university.

And even now, in 2013, I can't buy a general admission ticket to see Syracuse play GT at the verizon? Why ... because THEY WON'T SELL ME ONE.
Just another reason to hate Georgetown. Some of the stuff I've read over on Hoyatalk is awful. The stuff they say about Syracuse blows my mind.

Just another reason to hate Georgetown. Some of the stuff I've read over on Hoyatalk is awful. The stuff they say about Syracuse blows my mind.
What could they possibly say ... that we don't value academics? (2 years in a row with an academic suspension, and a Hoya this year with the same problem). That we play thug-ball? (SU and GT are among the dwindling number of finesse teams left in the BE). That we get all the calls (lol)?

Devo's gone. They have a coach who's a decent guy ... that doesn't encourage thugism. Lee Reed is a petty little miscreant. But that's another story. What's their beef?

Still love this clip, the teabag chant was also pretty great (also available on YT)

Even with him jumping over him Paulus still goes down like he was shot in the head.

Beautiful! That's a good one.

The other dude was "Melfatino"??? Bad enough that Sorentine pulled the game out of his a**, but a second guy with a career (suck) game ... that's just unforgivable.

Come on now. TJ Sorrentine is the all time leading three point shooter for UVM. He was also Mr. Basketball for Rhode Island.

Germain Mopa Njila was the one who played out of his mind that night.

And Taylor Coppenrath is still playing professionally overseas.

Definitely Sorrentine and their other dude (Mopa-Gilla). Plus if you put Deshaun Williams on your list are you putting McCroskey on as well. How about Josh and Dayshawn Wright. Those guys messed up a good deal.

OK, hope this doesn't get buried, but I've been meaning to post this for a few days.

Does anyone know what Josh Wright is doing these days? Because I'm fairly certain that I just bumped into him for the second time in a week. And I didn't want to ask.

There are two kinds of players that bother me: 1) stooges that suck but can't miss when they play SU (Kuric tops that list; Friel from way back; the dude from Marquette a couple of years ago (not DJO) that couldn't miss against us; and Krauser with his 'X' and miracle heaves in the last 2 minutes; and 2) worthless street thugs that are in the game for bounty - Dove from Oakie State; Graham from the Hoyettes are the two most obvious from history. I'll leave Broadnax off this list -- he's definitely dirty enough but he's too small and irrelevant to be listed anywhere for anything.

I could add a third category for nightmare heaves - the kid from Cleveland State, the 6'10 kid from Butgers that banked a 3 to win at the (C)rak in 03, Keith Smart with a prayer as he fell out of bounds in 87.

Suckheads chucking bull.

But that's life as an elite program with a bullseye on its back.

Dove! That's a good call; almost forgot about that kid.

how can you limit it to 10? thats doesnt even cover the whole georgetown team this season -