College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

The only one I don't have totally locked up at this point is my 426 PG prospect. I only have one PG on my roster but I've got another SG, 414 JUCO transfer, that I know I could snatch up in a heartbeat if I need to and I could just roll with it a la our Ennis situation.

The guys I have locked up are pretty much all in the 440's, with the one 464 JUCO transfer who will start for me this year.

I put feelers out on that cat you cut. He might do nice for me

I put feelers out on that cat you cut. He might do nice for me

I did a search for him and didn't see him. He was solid, but he was the 4th of my 4 power forwards in that class. I just didn't have room for him.

Outstanding. My top 5 targets are now ONLY considering me. My class is going to be exactly the class I was shooting for, barring something unforeseen.

Just outstanding.

Oh and CuseTroop, I notice you're on the verge of signing my transfer (if you have actually offered him). You're welcome.

Also: I sent out some challenges to a few of you (Troop, AFO) for next season. Bring it!

And boom. My 5 man class is complete.

426 rated point guard (50 work ethic)
436 rated shooting guard (work ethic of 69)
464 rated small forward (JUCO with 3 years left, and he's 6-9 so he could move inside if needed)
449 rated small forward (6-2 with a solid handle so he could play the 2 in a pinch, and a 68 work ethic)
446 rated center

I'm pretty happy with that class. It's the five guys I wanted, more or less, so naturally I'm pretty happy.

And boom. My 5 man class is complete.

426 rated point guard (50 work ethic)
436 rated shooting guard (work ethic of 69)
464 rated small forward (JUCO with 3 years left, and he's 6-9 so he could move inside if needed)
449 rated small forward (6-2 with a solid handle so he could play the 2 in a pinch, and a 68 work ethic)
446 rated center

I'm pretty happy with that class. It's the five guys I wanted, more or less, so naturally I'm pretty happy.
Congrats man. Secured 4 of my 6 offerees. Hopefully land 1 more or have 2 walkons to recruit for next year and balance the scollies.

Congrats man. Secured 4 of my 6 offerees. Hopefully land 1 more or have 2 walkons to recruit for next year and balance the scollies.

Yeah I see you signed one of the guys I was targeting early (the one from Lyons)...how does recruiting ineligible dudes work, anyway? Do you just redshirt them or something? I was scared off by that so I took him off my watch list since I wasn't sure how that works.

Yeah I see you signed one of the guys I was targeting early (the one from Lyons)...how does recruiting ineligible dudes work, anyway? Do you just redshirt them or something? I was scared off by that so I took him off my watch list since I wasn't sure how that works.
All players are eligible for D3 play. Ineligibility only applies to D2 and D1 athletes.

Me either. I sought out the guides to figure it out. He's going to be a good one though. Not as great as the PG recruit though.

Damn. There was a PG with a 444 rating I wanted to recruit but didn't due to his ineligibility. Oh well, hopefully he doesn't sign anywhere and I can keep him on my watch list for next year coming out of JUCO.

Damn. There was a PG with a 444 rating I wanted to recruit but didn't due to his ineligibility. Oh well, hopefully he doesn't sign anywhere and I can keep him on my watch list for next year coming out of JUCO.
Which one is he? I have some $$ left.

Which one is he? I have some $$ left.

Ha...come on bro! I'm hoping to land him next class!

But he's an undecided PG with a 444. Probably shouldn't be too tough to figure that out...that's as much as I'm giving you though, because I want to land him next year.

EDIT: Actually screw it, I've got a sophomore and a freshman PG on my roster so I don't really need him. Richard Norris. Great work ethic (64) and a 444 rating. Could be really, really good. 30 athleticism, 54 speed, 45 perimeter, 48 ballhandling...but only 18 passing.

But he's an undecided PG with a 444. Probably shouldn't be too tough to figure that out...that's as much as I'm giving you though, because I want to land him next year.

EDIT: Actually screw it, I've got a sophomore and a freshman PG on my roster so I don't really need him. Richard Norris. Great work ethic (64) and a 444 rating. Could be really, really good. 30 athleticism, 54 speed, 45 perimeter, 48 ballhandling...but only 18 passing.
I'm actually guard heavy or I'd go for it. He sounds solid as a SG though.

Literally at the 2p turn I locked up my #1 target at PG to go along with my #2 I landed at the beginning of the signing period. Couldn't be more pleased at the moment.

I locked up 5 out of the 6 that I wanted. I'll take it.
Yeah, I redshirted a guy last year, so only allowed to recruit 5 freshman. Couldn't find a less than 4 year player I wanted to invest in, so I'll take a walkon this year and roll it into a recruit next season.

Amherst with the number 16 ranked recruiting class.

Keuka rolled in at #32. I picked up a sleeper (I hope) who came in as a 398... He alone knocked me out of the top 25. I hope he turns out as good as I think he can

Keuka rolled in at #32. I picked up a sleeper (I hope) who came in as a 398... He alone knocked me out of the top 25. I hope he turns out as good as I think he can
Alfred had the #1 recruiting class, but you won't know it until 3 seasons after this.

That's on the heals of me bringing in the #6 recruiting class last season. Not shabby! Eventually, I'll be able to compete with the big boys at this rate.

My box score today was horrible lol. Lost alot of upper classmen last season, Going to feel it this season. Lose a few more after the season. I need to spend a few seasons taking a couple transfers so I dont have these rebuilds every 2 years.

Crap, I didn't realize the exhibition season had started, so my player game plan had only 45% of the play distribution attributed and it was off of last year's stuff. I was wondering why my stud SF recruit only took 2 shots in the entire game (made them both, including a 3).

My box score today was horrible lol. Lost alot of upper classmen last season, Going to feel it this season. Lose a few more after the season. I need to spend a few seasons taking a couple transfers so I dont have these rebuilds every 2 years.

Do your PG and SG know how to pass the ball?

They were 14-35 combined...the rest of the team: 6-15

Crap, I didn't realize the exhibition season had started, so my player game plan had only 45% of the play distribution attributed and it was off of last year's stuff. I was wondering why my stud SF recruit only took 2 shots in the entire game (made them both, including a 3).

yea man, I forgot all about that too lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom