College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

Crap, I didn't realize the exhibition season had started, so my player game plan had only 45% of the play distribution attributed and it was off of last year's stuff. I was wondering why my stud SF recruit only took 2 shots in the entire game (made them both, including a 3).

That would explain why 3 of your bench players attempted more shots and scored more points than 4 of your starters!!

Do your PG and SG know how to pass the ball?

They were 14-35 combined...the rest of the team: 6-15
I forgot about distribution too... but considering the number of points my boys put up... I may just leave it be.

He's Alfred

Jek, how are you doing your distribution? Just curious

Just total guess work. My starting SG gets the highest distribution (he's a 515 rating, second best on my team but solid perimeter rating), then my center, then my other three starters are about equal. Then pretty minimal for my bench players. So it's like 20, 15, 15, 15, 12 or something like that for my starters and then whatever is left over distributed moderately equally among my backups, between 2-5 depending on how good the player is.

Just total guess work. My starting SG gets the highest distribution (he's a 515 rating, second best on my team but solid perimeter rating), then my center, then my other three starters are about equal. Then pretty minimal for my bench players. So it's like 20, 15, 15, 15, 12 or something like that for my starters and then whatever is left over distributed moderately equally among my backups, between 2-5 depending on how good the player is.

thats pretty much what I went with this time.

I'll see how it goes tomorrow

thats pretty much what I went with this time.

I'll see how it goes tomorrow

I should probably gear my offense around my junior center, who just put up 19 and 9 today and is a little above 550 for a rating...but I just like guards, damnit. I prefer having a perimeter oriented offense, despite the fact that I don't really have the personnel for that.

This will be a tough season... hoping to finish around .500. First game I'm a 56 point underdog.. you read that right 56 points! YIKES!

I went to the forum for a little help on distro. this was the answer I got.

"i never have it = 100. the best approximation to the right way to do things that ive heard is to give each guy distro = to the # of shots you want them to take. it wont work out exactly but it will come reasonably close. when you get to high levels of HD coaching you want to do it a bit differently. there are nuances with respect to how many shots certain players will take with a given distro, but what distro actually means is the ratio of shots players should take in the long term, when on the court together, is equal to the ratio of their distro. so if your starting PG is 5 and your starting SG is 10, and they sub in and out together, your SG in the long run will get twice as many shot opportunities. so you will eventually want to set players ratios according to their shooting skills, propensity to turn the ball over, get fouled, make foul shots, etc... as well as team needs like you might set your lone quality 3 point shooter higher than you normally would, to have a more balanced team offense.

setting to 100 is a bad idea because then you cant tweak each guy on his own - you have to adjust others - this is an unnecessary and costly limitation. i usually set my best guy to about 12-15 and set everyone else in relation to that."

This will be a tough season... hoping to finish around .500. First game I'm a 56 point underdog.. you read that right 56 points! YIKES!
56 pt underdogs and lose by 8 pts. Was up at half.. Damn.. That would have been quite the upset!!!

Take it easy on me, man. My team is still young and going through some growing pains.

lol I'm still very worried about my team. Fresman PG, senior PG starting at SF, lol

Its gonna be a fun year lol

King with 3 points to help Keuka bring home the Crown!!

You can come to my house next season and try to get it back!

I gotta get some more production out of my C...

King with 3 points to help Keuka bring home the Crown!!

You can come to my house next season and try to get it back!

I gotta get some more production out of my C...

Also 5 boards and 4 assists. That's solid for a PF in 15 minutes of action.

Meanwhile, my guards are absolutely killing me. At least my center is dominating this year. Putting up a double-double every game and knocking down 81% at the line to boot. Unfortunately he's not making any freaking layups, shooting 42% from the field. Guess I gotta give my power forward who's shooting 53% more touches.

idk what the deal is with Armstrong.. Maybe not enough ATH for a PG? other than that, everything is great. What do you have him set at for 3s?

Johnson should be getting way more touches. Bump his distro up a few notches, it wont effect Armstong, as they wont be in the game at the same time.

bailey is a beast, I need two of him on my team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom