Colorado fires Karl Dorrell / hires Deion Sanders | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Colorado fires Karl Dorrell / hires Deion Sanders

"Some were given an ultimatum by Marrone: stay at Syracuse and sit, or move to another school, Chibane said."
Doug Marrone’s impact on Syracuse still felt despite abrupt departure 10 years ago

I also think this is different than what Deion did. Deion literally told players they were cut. They didn't have an option to stay and sit.
Im not comparing it to Prime. Marrone's rebuild was 14 years ago. Just showing that coaches have always done it. It's just on a bigger scale now with the new transfer rules and NIL. Rosters get flipped more agressively now. Every coach has their style. Ive heard worse stories than Primes. They're just not shared publicly. I dont like everything that comes out of Prime's mouth but some people respect honesty. It lets players know where they stand and gives them a chance to plan their next destination. BTW I know for a fact Marrone has told player they no longer have a scholly at SU.

Do you think he ever said he'd give an arm and a leg to be the best in the NFL?

Is that inappropriate? That was inappropriate. I apologize.

Im not comparing it to Prime. Marrone's rebuild was 14 years ago. Just showing that coaches have always done it. It's just on a bigger scale now with the new transfer rules and NIL. Rosters get flipped more agressively now. Every coach has their style. Ive heard worse stories than Primes. They're just not shared publicly. I dont like everything that comes out of Prime's mouth but some people respect honesty. It lets players know where they stand and gives them a chance to plan their next destination. BTW I know for a fact Marrone has told player they no longer have a scholly at SU.
Just curious… was the Marrone “you don’t have a scholarship anymore” due to a kid strictly being not good enough? Or were there other factors?

Conversations happen every day. It’s up to the kid what they want to do.

Just curious… was the Marrone “you don’t have a scholarship anymore” due to a kid strictly being not good enough? Or were there other factors?

Conversations happen every day. It’s up to the kid what they want to do.
Agree and yes from what I heard some where due to not being good enough, some had to prove worthy of a scholarship, some let go because they weren't healthy or injury prone, some because of character concerns

I thought FCS to FBS was a free transfer?
It's because he already used up his one free, no sit transfer. It doesn't matter if it's FCS or FBS. The NCAA didn't believe his mental health issue.

"The NCAA voted earlier this year to limit waivers for second-time transfers. Under the new guidelines, players are only permitted to receive immediate eligibility on their second transfer if there is a physical or mental health reason or "exigent circumstances."

Their defense will cause them to lose some games but Colorado is gonna be a fun team to watch. Hunter is NFL ready now and Shaduer is a NFL QB. Good job by Prime for hiring a good staff and flipping the roster. Beat a ranked team in his debut

Not sure how prime time is doing it, it takes years to rebuild...
There's only one prime time. How many other head coaches are celebrity NFL HOFers?

I’m fairness, even though I think he’ll be successful. It was one game. Grob had a good game at one point.