Completely Outcoached Through 25 Minutes of Play | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Completely Outcoached Through 25 Minutes of Play

No, can't provide specific instances. It's not like I write this stuff down. Most of the time we have gotten the first. It's just my feeling that he overdoes it somewhat. And again, I do like that he goes for it a lot.

reject the inner meathead (I think he speaks in Madden's voice lol)

reject the inner meathead (I think he speaks in Madden's voice lol)

How many times do it have to say I like that he is aggressive and goes for it a lot on 4th down? I love Dino's aggressive in general.

How many times do it have to say I like that he is aggressive and goes for it a lot on 4th down? I love Dino's aggressive in general.
I honestly believe as long as Murphy is our kicker, we should be going for it until we're inside the red zone once we cross the 50.

I honestly believe as long as Murphy is our kicker, we should be going for it until we're inside the red zone once we cross the 50.
Yeah, I feel like the only time to send Murphy out there is between the 20 and 3 if there's more than 3 yards to go on fourth down.

Usually but occasionally using an outstanding punter to pin a team deep might work too, depending on distance needed.

Wasn't meant as a critic of you specifically - more like a critic of all of us brought up on traditional football "philosophy" ...

On another note, we should do well attracting good punters going forward. Hopefully we will get a great PK soon.

No, can't provide specific instances. It's not like I write this stuff down. Most of the time we have gotten the first. It's just my feeling that he overdoes it somewhat. And again, I do like that he goes for it a lot.
If you go for it a lot, there will be times you don't make it. If you don't go for it a lot there will also be times you don't make it. It's a lot easier to get a first down if it's 3rd and 8 on the opponents 40 and they already know they don't need all 8 yards at once. Converting on 4th down is demoralizing and exhausting for the opponent's defense. I personally love how aggressive they are.

The reputation of being willing to go for it n fourth down also plays with the opponent. It's a delicate balance but I too wish we would go for it more especially if choice is forty plus yard FG.

I also think with the go for it on 4th down mindset you're 3rd down play calls are much different. On 3rd and 8, you don't need all 8 yards. This could also play with an opponent and help to throw them out of their 3rd down package tendencies.
Yes. Our "Four-down territory" covers most of the field. You would think that broadens the range of plays the defense has to worry about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom