Conference Realignment - Basketball Future | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Conference Realignment - Basketball Future

IF THEY WOULD JUST LAUNCH A BASEBALL PROGRAM ALL OF THIS WOULD BE SOLVED!!!

Syracuse, Boston College, Pitt, Penn State, LeMoyne, Ithaca, Cornell and Columbia and we're good.

And if you really enjoyed the beat down on Colgate then add them too.

Last edited:
I will absolutely travel to Palo Alto for games.
If you avoid rush hour and drive there from SF, it's not the worst, but the train takes a much longer time than it should. We looked to take the train to a Niners game in Santa Clara. It would have been over two hours. To Stanford, I think like 1.5 hours from the SF airport. If you can fly into SJ, then it's closer.

Reactions: cto
Wasn't Elon Musk or somebody supposed to build long magnetic tubes that would get you from the East Coast to California in like an hour? Or maybe a giant version of that air-powered thingy at the bank. Kinda loud, though.
In ten years the trip will take 90 minutes. Boeing and Lockheed have contracts for the next generation hypersonic passenger planes.

dr-strangelove-still-580.jpg

In ten years the trip will take 90 minutes. Boeing and Lockheed have contracts for the next generation hypersonic passenger planes.
I hope they learned something from the SST failure.

Have they figured out how to avoid sonic booms over cities?

I hope they learned something from the SST failure.

Have they figured out how to avoid sonic booms over cities?
It is in the contract to damp the boom. They have new technologies. Time will tell, but 600 mph will be history.

FWIW, my neighbor was the lead electrical engineer for the SR 71 Blackbird. It flew at 80,000'. He is skeptical that it can be done profitably. However, it is reasonable to assume that passenger planes will become significantly faster in the future. Technology is not stagnant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom