conference tournaments really are meaningless | Syracusefan.com

conference tournaments really are meaningless

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
Case in point, seton hall. Great run at the garden, last second win against nova, seton hall is back wooooo! And they lay an absolute egg tonite

Meanwhile we stunk in our conference tourny, we've had a mediocre year any way u slice it, and yet if we beat dayton we've had a better season than seton hall.

Ncaa's are all that matter.

Often they can be counter-productive. Case in point: SHU. They left their games in MSG and had nothing in their tanks tonight.

Conference tournaments used to mean everything to me back in the BET, just seemed like EVERYBODY was a rival and you just wanted to take everybody down and be the last one standing. Towards the end of the BE that seemed to die down a little bit and this ACC tourney honestly does nothing for me. I honestly don't believe we have a true rival in this conference and as much smack as we talk about us being "their super bowl" with Gtown, Uconn, St Johhns, we're kinda doing with Duke, making that our super bowl. I miss the big east a lot.

In a given year if I knew Syracuse would lose in the sweet 16 game I'd trade the second round win for an ACCT title. Of course this is hypothetical as I'd have know way of knowing how'd they'd do in the next game outside of a Pitt matchup...who wouldn't be in a sweet 16 anyway.

Case in point, seton hall. Great run at the garden, last second win against nova, seton hall is back wooooo! And they lay an absolute egg tonite

Meanwhile we stunk in our conference tourny, we've had a mediocre year any way u slice it, and yet if we beat dayton we've had a better season than seton hall.

Ncaa's are all that matter.
Yep, you get it. I know many on this board remember and are very proud of the BET's we won. I could not care less and couldn't tell you of a single one we won (except for the first we won in triple OT against Nova and didn't even get an auto bid for it). Other than that...completely meaningless to me.

SoBeCuse said:
Gonzaga is probably the best 11 seed anybody would ever play.

They were really impressive, sabonis is awesome

two3zone said:
Conference tournaments used to mean everything to me back in the BET, just seemed like EVERYBODY was a rival and you just wanted to take everybody down and be the last one standing. Towards the end of the BE that seemed to die down a little bit and this ACC tourney honestly does nothing for me. I honestly don't believe we have a true rival in this conference and as much smack as we talk about us being "their super bowl" we're kinda doing with Duke, making that our super bowl. I miss the big east a lot.

Agree with this. Still want an ACCT. Freakin' ND has one. But I miss the Big East do much

cuseincincy said:
Yep, you get it. I know many on this board remember and are very proud of the BET's we won. I could not care less and couldn't tell you of a single one we won (except for the first we won in triple OT against Nova and didn't even get an auto bid for it). Other than that...completely meaningless to me.

Dave Johnson at the buzzer to beat G Town, Macs run, the season before in which I went to every BET game come to mind for me. Man that tournament was great...Gotta enjoy the lesser trophy too. They all build your legacy.

and they were a notch below mediocre all year, needing to win their crap conf tourney just to be an 11 seed :noidea:

This is true, even Cuse could have beaten Gonzaga if they hadnt been upset in Atlantis.

Dave Johnson at the buzzer to beat G Town, Macs run, the season before in which I went to every BET game come to mind for me. Man that tournament was great...Gotta enjoy the lesser trophy too. They all build your legacy.

The 6 ot game, among countless other memories from the Garden.

Would the taste of victory of that 6ot game been as tasty if we were doing it again Florida St or Virginia?

Would the taste of victory of that 6ot game been as tasty if we were doing it again Florida St or Virginia?

No.

Yeah, can't believe they are one. Nothing ever resonates 11 seed watching those guys play. Underseeded every year.

It allows them to live up to their name. They may not be Bryce Drew, but they do their thing fairly under the radar.

two3zone said:

Nope. But I was talking about winning the conference tournament not a game in the tournament. I want as many trophies as possible.

I think it depends on where your program is. PC and Seton Hall both needed those BE tourney titles the last few years to re-establish their programs nationally. Building on it from there may change the view, but for now teams like that need the conference tourney more as they have a better chance to make one in their world than against the whole world.

two3zone said:
Conference tournaments used to mean everything to me back in the BET, just seemed like EVERYBODY was a rival and you just wanted to take everybody down and be the last one standing. Towards the end of the BE that seemed to die down a little bit and this ACC tourney honestly does nothing for me. I honestly don't believe we have a true rival in this conference and as much smack as we talk about us being "their super bowl" with Gtown, Uconn, St Johhns, we're kinda doing with Duke, making that our super bowl. I miss the big east a lot.

And that's why for many reasons it would be nice to have uconn in the acc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom