Confusion in Milwaukee? (MCW) | Syracusefan.com

Confusion in Milwaukee? (MCW)

two3zone

RIP Shark58
After his surgery MCW had this to say.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck...e-role-for-himself-b99695427z1-373786061.html

Well, sounds awesome etc etc but then Coach Kidd had this to say the next day.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...point-guard-job-to-6-11-giannis-antetokounmpo

Bucks coach Jason Kidd said Giannis Antetokounmpo will be the team's point guard heading into next season.

I'm not sure what the trade market is for MCW but I can't imagine it being very good coming off of his surgery. If he comes off the bench I don't doubt he'll have opportunity to showcase his talents and hopefully be able to move to a team where he can start but going from lottery pick, ROY to the bench so quick it's got to be a little tough on the guy.

I've always been a huge MCW fan, I really think he could be an amazing NBA player but he just shoots the ball far far far too much, he cuts the shooting down 30% and I think you see a guy who could lead the league in assists. Will be interesting how this plays out.

The CBS article is misleading; Kidd said the same thing in both instances. CBS reported that Kidd says Giannis will be the PG. What Kidd actually said was "Giannis will be the primary ball handler. You can call him the point guard, point forward, point center, whatever, but he's going to be the guy handling the ball the most."

I think it's definitely possible that MCW gets traded this offseason, but I don't think they'll just dump him for nothing. I think they'd only trade him if it's in a package for a good player. Otherwise, the plan is for MCW to work on his jumpshot and then he can potentially start and defend PGs or he can come off the bench if Milwaukee picks up a better point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom