Congrats OGBJ20 | Syracusefan.com

Congrats OGBJ20

T

tee1222

OGBJ20 - great game. The young man took over. Most important to me, is he was in the right place at the right time. Couple of rebounds on both sides of the court, had a few easy putbacks that really stung ND. And that first drive he converted, opened up the whole night for him in my opinion.

Hats off, and enjoy this one. This was big.

OGBJ20 - great game. The young man took over. Most important to me, is he was in the right place at the right time. Couple of rebounds on both sides of the court, had a few easy putbacks that really stung ND. And that first drive he converted, opened up the whole night for him in my opinion.

The +1 throw down...huge!!!

Hey Tee, I told BJ that I scored 20 and 4 reb against ND at there place so he was out to outdo me. We lost by 2 and he he scored 19/6 and won and damn near gave me a heart attack so I'll take it.!!! PS tell the naysayers to take a flying leap of the Empire State Building with no landing gear!!!

Hey Tee, I told BJ that I scored 20 and 4 reb against ND at there place so he was out to outdo me. We lost by 2 and he he scored 19/6 and won and damn near gave me a heart attack so I'll take it.!!! PS tell the naysayers to take a flying leap of the Empire State Building with no landing gear!!!
They are in leap mode as we speak! Kid killed it, made you and us super proud.
:)

his draft stock has never been higher

as for the naysayers, all they want (at least most of them) is for your boy to play strong like he did tonight.

its awesome to see his growth. I meant it when I said he looked like he belonged out there. the best part is that better things are still to come

So happy for BJ and just a hell of a game he played. Also i can see the work he is putting in the weight room. He was really strong in the past couple games. Just so much props to him for staying after it. He has a bright bright future. And that throw down was nasty.. carrying on the tradition of breaking hearts at the joyce!

Dad, you must admit he has really struggled. But he never put his head down (in public), played hard, practiced hard, and holy crap! Has he ever delivered in the last few games! I can only imagine how wonderful he feels, and it is well deserved.

I don't know how you can tolerate being the father of a player. The stress, the stress! I hope your heart is in good condition. I am wondering: is it harder to play in a close game or is it harder to watch your child play? I am thinking I know the answer.

BTW, I am pretty proud of my avatar right now. Preening my feathers.

I really, really, really hope he comes back next year.

I see him being the scoring / shooting threat that I predicted he would be THIS year...

Got a text from a co worker.. also a former acc guard in the 80s. Asking me where this Johnson kid come from :). He was impressed and is now legitimately concerned about his hoos beating cuse at the dome. I sure as heck hope we see tons more of BJ. I loved jb kept him out there instead of tyler as an extra ballhandler late too.

There he is! I took better part of two months off from this board and wasnt sure yeah were around in season.

BJ still has plenty of chances left to beat on Notre Dame. I'm sure he'll be going for at least 21 next time out to one up the OG.

BJ now > than CJ or DNic at this point in their careers? A future so bright, you gotta wear shades.

Statistically, he is a lefty DNic.

upload_2015-2-25_13-58-43.png

Last edited:
The father should be proud. BJ overcame adversity and showed tremendous work ethic, will power, and a never give up attitude that all successful people have. He could have put his head down, complained, and transferred to a lesser program. Now he's showing that he's perhaps one of our best offensive players already. Whatever buttons got pressed, need to continue to be pressed. I'd like to see him become an All-ACC type player someday.

Tonight, BJ was basically that guy we always complain about on the other team (especially teams like ND): low profile player, but comes out of nowhere to have a huge game against us. Glad he's on our team. Difference may be that BJ has a bright future, whereas that typical scrub from the other team that goes for 20 pts. against us immediately reverts to scrub-mode afterward.

OGBJ20, must feel great. Congrats to you and BJ for the big game!

Not to take away anything from the kudos given to BJ and his pops, but how about giving some kudos to those who remained faithful that BJ would, and will be, a productive player for SU when given the chance? I've heard so much knee-jerk and negative comments/posts about BJ without ever giving him a chance to show what he can bring before making any judgements on his abilities.

Kudos to those fans that believed and cheered for the young BJ to show his stuff.

Not to take away anything from the kudos given to BJ and his pops, but how about giving some kudos to those who remained faithful that BJ would, and will be, a productive player for SU when given the chance? I've heard so much knee-jerk and negative comments/posts about BJ without ever giving him a chance to show what he can bring before making any judgements on his abilities.

Kudos to those fans that believed and cheered for the young BJ to show his stuff.

Really? You want props? BJ is doing the work. There will always be haters, but there also will be non haters. I just don't think anybody should be calling for props unless they are doing the work themselves.

Really? You want props? BJ is doing the work. There will always be haters, but there also will be non haters. I just don't think anybody should be calling for props unless they are doing the work themselves.
I think you may have missed the point. It is easy to go with the flow and pile on a kid when things are looking down. Props to those who know better and stick behind their team and its players. It makes for a much better vibe in this online community.

Tonight is a reflection on you, OGBJ20. You obviously raised your son to overcome adversity, and to keep working hard. I am sure this has been a very difficult year for him spending so much time on the bench when as a player he yearns to be on the floor. Obviously he kept grinding away, and won time in the rotation. The last 3 games he has shown us his potential. What is most interesting is to see the confidence he now shows on the floor. There always seems to be one player on the team like BJ that I really root for. I am so excited for you and for him that he is coming to be the player that you all knew he could be. He has bought life back to this difficult season, and has made watching our games so much fun.

Tonight is a reflection on you, OGBJ20. You obviously raised your son to overcome adversity, and to keep working hard. I am sure this has been a very difficult year for him spending so much time on the bench when as a player he yearns to be on the floor. Obviously he kept grinding away, and won time in the rotation. The last 3 games he has shown us his potential. What is most interesting is to see the confidence he now shows on the floor. There always seems to be one player on the team like BJ that I really root for. I am so excited for you and for him that he is coming to be the player that you all knew he could be. He has bought life back to this difficult season, and has made watching our games so much fun.

Even better yet, he has an opportunity to either start or play a major role off of the bench these next two years.

A guy with BJ's size, length, athleticism, and offensive versatility has the tools to thrive in our system. Add the game experience / confidence he's gained late, and he could really parlay this late season success into something that carries over into next year. Again, as a starter or as the super scoring sixth man who plays a ton of minutes, this kid could have a great next two years.

Fair enough and I can see why you responded the way you did. But the point of my post is that some folks did start touting BJ as a bust and that he needs to transfer, that he's not DI/SU worthy. That perspective was given without having seen BJ have an opportunity to get comfortable and play his game.

I don't want props. I'm low key, I'm a soldier that plays for the team. What I do wish there was more of was some encouragement for our very young and inexperienced players to show their stuff before pronouncing them a bust.

EDIT: One more thing I wanted to add. At the end of the day, I want to be in a crowd of fans that cheers the young players who have pledged to represent SU and stick with the program. JB isn't the easiest coach to play for but he is transparent and those players who stick with it often get rewarded at the end. I might be more rosy-eyed than negative nancy, but I chose to cheer those that dedicate their young careers representing my program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom