Cordell Hudson getting a lot of national publicity | Syracusefan.com

Cordell Hudson getting a lot of national publicity

SWC75

Bored Historian
lamar-jackson-jump.jpg

Poor kid. Solid player but not yet grasping the scheme and is undersized.

For the wrong reasons, and geeez, in this bend but dont break t2, hadn't seen a safety helping him out all year. Joke.

For the wrong reasons, and geeez, in this bend but dont break t2, hadn't seen a safety helping him out all year. Joke.
And what type of Defense would be able to run that would have beat USF, Louisville or even this game. We have next to no talent on D.

And what type of Defense would be able to run that would have beat USF, Louisville or even this game. We have next to no talent on D.

You obviously dont get what i am saying. We better be blitzing and threatening the pocket if we are going to give up chunks like this. And, weeeee are not. Not even close.

You obviously dont get what i am saying. We better be blitzing and threatening the pocket if we are going to give up chunks like this. And, weeeee are not. Not even close.
Please I get what you are saying. So you would be cool if we all blitz and give up 900 yards?

Please I get what you are saying. So you would be cool if we all blitz and give up 900 yards?

Did we ever give up 900 yards the last 10 years?

Please name them.

We have had plenty of injuries on defense over the years! We are supposed to have a great lb Corp now, they are undersized and get beat all over the field. I know the secondary is young and hurt but the t2 is supposed to protect cbs with 2 deep safeties over the top. Where is that?

We have had plenty of injuries on defense over the years! We are supposed to have a great lb Corp now, they are undersized and get beat all over the field. I know the secondary is young and hurt but the t2 is supposed to protect cbs with 2 deep safeties over the top. Where is that?
Ah so you picked one point of my post and ran with it. Enjoy your weekend, hopefully next game will be better for you.

Ah so you picked one point of my post and ran with it. Enjoy your weekend, hopefully next game will be better for you.

Lol, so what's your point? You dont have one. Address the topics.

Seriously? Because we're getting torched not blitzing instead of getting torched blitzing it's somehow worse? Newsflash: Scott Shafer is gone.

Lol, so what's your point? You dont have one. Address the topics.
I did. I SAID lack of talent and injuries. YOU picked just injuries, so I figured you where off topic and deceided to simply be nice, won't make that mistake again lol.

I did. I SAID lack of talent and injuries. YOU picked just injuries, so I figured you where off topic and deceided to simply be nice, won't make that mistake again lol.

Yes i agree, injuries too. But it's the 3rd factor that is the problem, Scheme. We are the most laughable defense in the nation right now. I love dino, just not sure if ward is here on 3 years.

Yes i agree, injuries too. But it's the 3rd factor that is the problem, Scheme. We are the most laughable defense in the nation right now. I love dino, just not sure if ward is here on 3 years.
So you say
1. Scheme
2. Talent
3. Injuries ?
What if you don't have the talent for the scheme yet? You still need to run YOUR scheme and develop the kids and recruit kids for your scheme, because that's what you know.

So you say
1. Scheme
2. Talent
3. Injuries ?
What if you don't have the talent for the scheme yet? You still need to run YOUR scheme and develop the kids and recruit kids for your scheme, because that's what you know.

True, good point and i understand. I love dino and most of this staff, its just that the t2 is unproven at this level. Its a pro defense needing pro level corners and defensive ends. If you have THAT much confidence in our recruiting, then god bless ya. There are only a few teams in the nation that can recruit to that level. Also, where is the bend, not break? The safeties over the top? Our corners are still on islands with a ghost pass rush.

We're at the start of a 4 year rebuilding program. Not 4 days, 4 weeks, or 4 months. 4 years. Anything sooner than that is gravy.

Just relax, we've got a long road.

The goal line keeps getting moved every week. I imagine by the end of the year this will be a "15 yr process, and anyone who thought differently was a fool!"

The goal line keeps getting moved every week. I imagine by the end of the year this will be a "15 yr process, and anyone who thought differently was a fool!"
Dino moved it once after fully seeing what he had to work with.

On balance I'd rather send the house than run a defense designed to "keep it in front of you" and then we don't. It's not like the offense where the excitement of the scheme will bring in the recruits. On defense we need to do what will work best with what we have. Shafer and Bullough did much better with this level of talent by being aggressive. What's the point of being conservative when they are getting 70 yard plays anyway? We are giving up 504 yards a game. Last year's defense, the poorest of the Shafer era, gave up 439.

What do our safeties and linebackers not named Zaire Franklin even do on any given play? The middle of the field is just vacant, all the time, and our corners are all on islands. I've never seen anything like it in my years of playing/watching football.

Also, our blitzes are pathetic. They aren't even trying to disguise it and the QB is able to audible/adjust blocking easily and then hit the open guy from the blizer vacating the spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom