OT: trivia question | Syracusefan.com

OT: trivia question

SBU72

All Conference
My 27 yr old son does a lot of trivia contests and asked me if I knew the answer to this one.

What college basketball team has the all time winningest record without winning a national championship?

No cheating please. And no, I did not know the answer and you probably have to be my age to even consider it.

I’m going with an ivy school. I’ll choose Cornell.

i can think of a few teams that were always high seeds but never advanced.
without peeking Depaul , Wichita st. and Wisconsin come to mind. just a guess.

My 27 yr old son does a lot of trivia contests and asked me if I knew the answer to this one.

What college basketball team has the all time winningest record without winning a national championship?

No cheating please. And no, I did not know the answer and you probably have to be my age to even consider it.
I know Temple and St John's were up there in the top 10. Remember when we passed them. Pretty sure they were very close to each other circa 1980.

If it was St John's, I don't think your last comment would make sense.

I will guess Temple.

Now I gotta look this up.

I know Temple and St John's were up there in the top 10. Remember when we passed them. Pretty sure they were very close to each other circa 1980.

If it was St John's, I don't think your last comment would make sense.

I will guess Temple.

Now I gotta look this up.
I was going to guess Temple as well.

Like others, leaning towards a smaller conference school(Ivy league), but also, I feel like based on the last bunch of years, Gonzaga is probably up there.

pretty much has to be an eastern team. but lots of west coast teams started early too they just were not as good for a long time other than UCLA

I was right, being just a college b-ball fan is not enough. You have to be an "experienced" one. Answer in a bit.

I was right, being just a college b-ball fan is not enough. You have to be an "experienced" one. Answer in a bit.
are-you-experienced.jpg

And yes the answer is Temple. Mostly lead by John Chaney with his "match up zone." Had to be a team not in a P5 conference but close. Back then it was called Eastern 8.

Winningest in terms of number of wins. If it were based on percentage I might have guessed Gonzaga.

Winningest in terms of number of wins. If it were based on percentage I might have guessed Gonzaga.
I think by winning percentage, it is Western Kentucky.

i remember the mark macon days. even then they were good but not dominant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom