Could Dino leave for Baylor? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Could Dino leave for Baylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, Babers was an asst. for 3 yrs at Baylor during their first round of being very good and putting Baylor on the map. Secondly, Rhule had absolutely ZERO ties to Texas or Baylor, so anyone who claims that they will only hire a Texas guy with connections are just wrong. Thirdly, Babers was one of the hottest coaches last year, you don’t just go down the pipeline because of one year. Fourth, Syracuse is one of the hardest P5 schools to have success at. Anyone who knows a damn about football, knows this. Last, cbssports and other outlets have zero actual clue on who Baylor is going after.

This wasn’t some haphazard thread about Babers leaving for some crap job that he has no connection to. He clearly has a connection, now how big of one? Who knows. But like i said, if they came calling, he’d leave in a heartbeat.

Who goes to Syracuse on purpose?
Waco has way better weather. A nice newer stadium. Nicer facilities and locker rooms. Dino could have him a big ranch out in Texas. Get his house flipped by Chip Gaines and his wife. Never have to worry about all that snow again.
Plus his recruits would be way better.
Having lived in both Waco and Syracuse I can say Syracuse is 100% the better destination. Yes, it is warm in Waco, actually its not just warm it is extremely hot. There is zero to do in Waco outside of one really nice Pool Hall. True it rarely snows in Waco, but it does have tornado's and hurricanes. If you live in Waco you have to be prepared to drive 1 1/2 - 2 hours to DFW or Austin to find entertainment. There is a reason Waco is known for wacko's.

I’m not sure anyone with ties to the Briles era ends up back in Waco as the HC. Felt that way when Rhule was hired, still feel that way.

I tend to agree, I think Dino would be pretty far down the list of their possible guys even if he went 7-5 this year but you never know. Quite honestly I don't even care anymore. There are good coaches available if the people hiring know What they are doing

How about Baylor's DC Phil Snow. Any good or does he follow Rhule?

i am not sure about that----waco has sunshine, ;)

Yeah, I got back from snowy Buffalo 2 days ago and it's going to be 77 on Thursday. Central Texas > Central New York. And the cost of living is similar with 0 state income tax.

I’m not sure anyone with ties to the Briles era ends up back in Waco as the HC. Felt that way when Rhule was hired, still feel that way.

Dang, there goes my Kendal Briles theory :rolleyes:

Not sure what you are getting at.
You are playing developing your game you are going to classes studying your associatives are ream members coaches students etc you want to vacation go to Hawaii you want great weather go to San Diego you want to play bb or fb in decent arenas before thousands of fans against great competition where you get to shoe w case you talents Who gives a crap about whether the place you’re playing it is a good place to live or work

Central New York weather isn't that bad. No tornados or earthquakes. No big spiders or snakes. Changing seasons.

That's what all my friends who have lived in that same place for their entire life always tell me, but the SEASONS. 6 months of the year its crap. Lived through 2 earthquakes in California and I'd move back there in 2 seconds. Dealt with a Hurricane in Florida and it was annoying losing power. Haven't had a tornado experience yet in Texas. So far though CNY/WNY is the last place I'd move back to of all the places I've lived.

I read through this entire thread, and I'm not feeling good about myself. I don't know why. If he pulls the right levers over the next few weeks, Dino and the Orange are poised for a big year. But then, we will have this conversation next year...

Screenshot_20200107-142747~2.png

I read through this entire thread, and I'm not feeling good about myself. I don't know why. If he pulls the right levers over the next few weeks, Dino and the Orange are poised for a big year. But then, we will have this conversation next year...

View attachment 175017

Is that from The Twilight Zone episode where these creatures are all in some sort of Salvation Army bin? We watched it on New Year's Eve. We're old, and don't go out then...

Is that from The Twilight Zone episode where these creatures are all in some sort of Salvation Army bin? We watched it on New Year's Eve. We're old, and don't go out then...
Nailed it..

That's what all my friends who have lived in that same place for their entire life always tell me, but the SEASONS. 6 months of the year its crap. Lived through 2 earthquakes in California and I'd move back there in 2 seconds. Dealt with a Hurricane in Florida and it was annoying losing power. Haven't had a tornado experience yet in Texas. So far though CNY/WNY is the last place I'd move back to of all the places I've lived.
My brother has lived in LA for 30 years he wouldn’t move back to upstate for anything. I have lived here and raised 3 kids in upstate. Love it and wouldn’t live in Southern Cal for anything. To each his own.

First off, Babers was an asst. for 3 yrs at Baylor during their first round of being very good and putting Baylor on the map. Secondly, Rhule had absolutely ZERO ties to Texas or Baylor, so anyone who claims that they will only hire a Texas guy with connections are just wrong. Thirdly, Babers was one of the hottest coaches last year, you don’t just go down the pipeline because of one year. Fourth, Syracuse is one of the hardest P5 schools to have success at. Anyone who knows a damn about football, knows this. Last, cbssports and other outlets have zero actual clue on who Baylor is going after.

This wasn’t some haphazard thread about Babers leaving for some crap job that he has no connection to. He clearly has a connection, now how big of one? Who knows. But like i said, if they came calling, he’d leave in a heartbeat.
Syracuse is one of the hardest P5 schools to have success at, sorry I don’t know that. It certainly isn’t one of the easier ones but I could put up a list of 20 to 25 schools where it would be more difficult or just as hard.
GRob drove us into the dirt.
Marrone righted the ship after having some success . Then left and we slid again.
Shaffer struggled and Dino had us at # 15 in year 3.
It’s BS that it’s so hard to win here.

Syracuse is one of the hardest P5 schools to have success at, sorry I don’t know that. It certainly isn’t one of the easier ones but I could put up a list of 20 to 25 schools where it would be more difficult or just as hard.
Marrone righted the ship after having some success . Then left and we slid again.

Great points.

This is an emotional, knee jerk reaction, thread. Facts and common sense have no part in the debate. (sarcasm font off)

P.S. Dino stays. I went to Waco to watch a game against OU, several years ago. Good BbQ, the game was fun, but not a place that struck me as "I want to live here!" I live just north of Houston, perhaps I could live a little further out, but not so far as Waco is from civilization.

Alright. You convinced me that your opinion is superior to my opinion and that you should live someplace else.

I can only get to 14 even in the ballpark and some of those are iffy. Oregon State, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Kentucky, BC, Duke, Vandy, Wake, GT, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers are the only ones in the conversation. Kansas and Kansas St have an advantage due to all of the best JUCO schools there. GT, Illinois and Rutgers have major recruiting advantages in state. We literally have 0 advantages. We don't have the best history, most money, are in a horrific recruiting state.

I can only get to 14 even in the ballpark and some of those are iffy. Oregon State, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Kentucky, BC, Duke, Vandy, Wake, GT, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers are the only ones in the conversation. Kansas and Kansas St have an advantage due to all of the best JUCO schools there. GT, Illinois and Rutgers have major recruiting advantages in state. We literally have 0 advantages. We don't have the best history, most money, are in a horrific recruiting state.

We need to drop football and join the BE

I live in Central Texas and know lots of Baylor folks. This thread is hilarious.

Some of y'all need to get out of the Syracuse bubble. Your perception of Dino versus the perception of those outside of Syracuse is miles and miles apart. DIno wouldn't make a top 20 list of Baylor candidates, and for good reason. The total program implosion this year destroyed any national perception of a rising star coach. In hindsight it very well may turn out to be a blip (I sure hope so), but right now he's seen as a guy with some success at lower levels winning with someone else's recruits and had one good year at Syracuse with a very soft schedule before cratering this year. The offense that used to be cutting edge and exotic is less so now that HUNH is widespread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom