covid booster and anecdotal info on covid breakthroughs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

covid booster and anecdotal info on covid breakthroughs

They spent 1-2 minutes reviewing my card to make sure that I was eligible from a medical perspective (eg I had waited the appropriate 6 months), but they were generally thankful that I was there receiving the booster.
Yup. Same here.

well ended up getting 3 pfizer doses (was way easier to book), instead of a booster of moderna. Hope it was the right call, kinda second guessing a bit. Any doctors wanna weigh in?

Last edited:
well ended up getting 3 pfizer doses (was way easier to book), instead of a booster of moderna. Hope it was the right call, kinda second guessing a bit.
welcome to the party pal.gif

;)

well ended up getting 3 pfizer doses (was way easier to book), instead of a booster of moderna. Hope it was the right call, kinda second guessing a bit. Any doctors wanna weigh in?
From what I've heard, it isn't a big deal. You MAY be a bit a bit more protecting mixing, but it isn't substantial.

Third Pfizer dose this week. I was expecting modest to no reaction- boy was I wrong. 36 hours of fever, chills, exhaustion. Much worse than the second dose. Small price to pay to keep myself and my family healthy.

Out of curiosity I asked the pharmacist whether they had been busy with boosters (this was immediately before the FDA/state opened the floodgates). She said I was the 25th appointment that day, and it was barely noon. Sounds like the pace is picking up.

Get your booster now and ride a wave of sweat, sweat antibodies safely through the holidays.
My 3 adult sons (age-wise at least ) will all have their boosters by the end of the weekend. 3 different states, NY, Texas and California too. Their mom is such an annoying nag by the way.

we got ours wed.. a day of feeling blah/tired with a slight headache. arm still sore a couple days later. but really if the weather had been decent would have been outside and probably not noticed it as much but this time of year just sitting around it was more noticeable.

I'm getting the J&J booster tomorrow after my initial two rounds of Pfizer. Hoping I don't suddenly develop an urge to purchase Jets season tickets.
Curious on your thinking of going with the J&J.

Curious on your thinking of going with the J&J.
I've read in a lot of places that going with a vaccine other than your initial brand may provide a somewhat enhanced immune response, and that it's perfectly safe to mix and match vaccines. Many seem to be recommending this strategy, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I've read in a lot of places that going with a vaccine other than your initial brand may provide a somewhat enhanced immune response, and that it's perfectly safe to mix and match vaccines. Many seem to be recommending this strategy, so I thought I'd give it a go.
That's true. I read the mix and match data and went with a Pfizer booster to my Moderna vaccines.

Getting my first Moderna jab/booster next week. I was a pfizer guy, but I really like variety. Getting pretty excited!!!
Had my moderna booster yesterday morning. No issues other than a sore arm so far. Quite a nice little lump. Took some tylenol and that appears to be helping. Now we will see if I can still hoop tonight.

Had my moderna booster yesterday morning. No issues other than a sore arm so far. Quite a nice little lump. Took some tylenol and that appears to be helping. Now we will see if I can still hoop tonight.
The J&J booster I received Monday afternoon kicked my ass from Monday night through most of Tuesday. No complaints. I'll gladly get in line if and when another round is necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom