covid booster and anecdotal info on covid breakthroughs | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

covid booster and anecdotal info on covid breakthroughs

The J&J booster I received Monday afternoon kicked my ass from Monday night through most of Tuesday. No complaints. I'll gladly get in line if and when another round is necessary.
I had the J&J last spring and it also kicked my ass for at least a day, with even some mild drowsiness and aching 2 days later.

I’m opting to go with the Pfizer for my booster next week. How was your reaction to that one?

I had the J&J last spring and it also kicked my ass for at least a day, with even some mild drowsiness and aching 2 days later.

I’m opting to go with the Pfizer for my booster next week. How was your reaction to that one?
I believe I had three or four hours of achiness/fatigue the day after my second Pfizer dose, but no real side effects otherwise.

My booster scheduled for tonight. I got pfizer the first time. Walgreens option was to get the same booster as the original shot.

Wife got the Moderna booster yesterday morning. Was feverish and pretty bad chills about 3 this morning. Achy and fatigued today.

My wife and I have not had a booster (hasn't quite been six months since last dose of Pfizer). We both had breakthrough cases last month that were extremely mild. Swollen sinuses and very minor sore throats - a little bit icky for about two days. Had I had those symptoms 3 years ago I just would have assumed they were my usual allergies, taken advil cold and sinus and gone about my business.

I lost about 90% of my ability to smell for about 36 hours but could still taste.

We were good citizens about isolating ourselves which honestly was by far the worst part.

I got my Pfizer booster a week ago Friday. I didn't have any issue with the first two shots and never had any issues in general with any vaccines or shots. But this one made me really tired about 12 hours later and I was pretty tired and sore until about mid Saturday afternoon. But I'll take that over getting the virus without a booster.

My wife and I have not had a booster (hasn't quite been six months since last dose of Pfizer). We both had breakthrough cases last month that were extremely mild. Swollen sinuses and very minor sore throats - a little bit icky for about two days. Had I had those symptoms 3 years ago I just would have assumed they were my usual allergies, taken advil cold and sinus and gone about my business.

I lost about 90% of my ability to smell for about 36 hours but could still taste.

We were good citizens about isolating ourselves which honestly was by far the worst part.
Happy to hear that by being vaccinated that you and your wife only had mild cases.

I got my Pfizer booster a couple of weeks ago. A day later, I had mild flu like symptoms. I had a low grade fever and chills. It wasn't bad, but felt like crap for about a day. That said, give me that all day long versus the risks of getting covid which fortunately I haven't gotten.

I got my Pfizer booster a couple of weeks ago. A day later, I had mild flu like symptoms. I had a low grade fever and chills. It wasn't bad, but felt like crap for about a day. That said, give me that all day long versus the risks of getting covid which fortunately I haven't gotten.
you don't want to get it honestly it was the worst sickness I've ever gotten

Got my booster on Wednesday afternoon.
I had COVID headaches again for a couple days but otherwise no issues, thankfully.

Exactly the same for me. Nothing after original two shots but the booster got me. That said, dang glad I got it when I did as I now see it's getting harder to make booster appointments.

I am getting my Moderna booster tomorrow. I had Pfizer for the first two and had horrible side effects. I have two neighbors with positive Covid after 2 shots and had exposure prior to boosters. I scheduled my booster later in the day hoping that any side effects will be in the 12-24 hour period and won't knock me down for 2 days.

Published April 19, 2023​

U.S. Authorizes a New Round of Covid Boosters​

Older Americans and those with weakened immune systems, groups still particularly vulnerable to the virus, may receive additional shots of the reformulated vaccine, federal officials said.

U.S. Authorizes a New Round of Covid Boosters

I didn't even realize that new boosters were being "reauthorized" at this point, but rather, I assumed it was more about just an understanding that vulnerable individuals should be reboosting yearly?

I didn't even realize that new boosters were being "reauthorized" at this point, but rather, I assumed it was more about just an understanding that vulnerable individuals should be reboosting yearly?
We've been heading toward a yearly covid booster for most people, much like the annual flu vaccine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom