Creeping towards that bubble | Syracusefan.com

Creeping towards that bubble

If we sweep #25 Notre Dame and Georgia Tech at home this week. In next week's bracket we will be in the last 4 in.

That road win at Duke along with the neutral court win over Texas A&M are liquid gold for our resume.

Duke may be down but winning at Cameron was huge. A&M is up #5 in the polls.

We got a wounded Irish team we gotta beat on Thursday and then an improved Ga. Tech squad.

Lunardi has us as his first team in the "next four out" group. Last week we were the last team in this group.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

4-1 is my goal over the next five games.

4-1 is the absolute minimum over these next 5. we'll be favored in all of them and 4 of them are at home. anything worse than 4-1 and we're going to the NIT barring some crazy gmac type run.

4-1 is the absolute minimum over these next 5. we'll be favored in all of them and 4 of them are at home. anything worse than 4-1 and we're going to the NIT barring some crazy gmac type run.

All of our next four opponents are significantly better than St Johns, so I'm just trying to set realistic expectations.

All of our next four opponents are significantly better than St Johns, so I'm just trying to set realistic expectations.

i think if we played st johns tomorrow at the garden with jb and the way we've been playing since hes been back we win by 20.

I think we need to rip 5 in a row off and then see where we are at 8-5. All of these teams will be battling us on the bubble.

Unless we join the SWAC midseason I don't see that happening.

Yes, a #15 seed has defeated a #2 seed 7 times in NCAA men's basketball tournament history.
#15 Richmond beat #2 Syracuse 73-69 in 1991
#15 Santa Clara beat #2 Arizona 64-61 in 1993
#15 Coppin State beat #2 USC 78-65 in 1997
#15 Hampton beat #2 Iowa State 58-57 in 2001
#15 Norfolk ST beat #2 Mizzou 86-84 in 2012
#15 Lehigh beat #2 Duke 75-70 in 2012
#15 Florida Gulf Coast beat #2 Georgetown 76-68
Except for Florida Gulf Coast which went to the Sweet 16, none of the #15 teams advanced beyond the next round

If you've ever been to Norfolk they pronounce the second "o" like the "u" in truck.

Again we have good wins as well. We are playing significantly better since JB came back.

We have a lifeline to make the tournament which 2 weeks ago was laughable. Some of those teams ahead of us in Lunardi's bracket I am not sure about. LSU has a lot of bad losses and not many good wins. I don't seem them ahead of us.
St. Joe's, Washington, Colorado, Seton Hall, Cincinnati are close.

I think our 2 best wins are better than all of those teams and none of ours were at home.

Just win the next one. This team is improving and the guys are starting to understand their roles and they are playing well together. I just wish Lydon would be more aggressive offensively.

I just want MR's hair to have a little more attitude.

Yes, a #15 seed has defeated a #2 seed 7 times in NCAA men's basketball tournament history.
Except for Florida Gulf Coast which went to the Sweet 16, none of the #15 teams advanced beyond the next round

If you've ever been to Norfolk they pronounce the second "o" like the "u" in truck.
Just an FYI the lowest seed a P5 team has ever gotten in the 64 team tournament is a 14 seed. In 2007 Georgia Bulldogs when they miraculously won the SEC title and stole Syracuse's bid and they were given a 14 seed.

No P5 team will ever a 16 seed unless a really crappy team like a BC won the ACC automatic and got in then they would be a 15 or 16 seed.

um, he means that power-5 teams are never seeded that low. you'll never see a p5 team lower than a 12 seed, unless it's some lowly team (think, BC or something) miraculously winning a conference tourney, then they may get a 13 seed

Just an FYI the lowest seed a P5 team has ever gotten in the 64 team tournament is a 14 seed. In 2007 Georgia Bulldogs when they miraculously won the SEC title and stole Syracuse's bid and they were given a 14 seed.

No P5 team will ever a 16 seed unless a really crappy team like a BC won the ACC automatic and got in then they would be a 15 or 16 seed.
Great minds!

OK, I'm just a Crazy Canuck, but am considered intelligent by people who know me. I need an explanation for some of the wording as I think the actual terms have changed in recent years. Seems to me I remember "last four out" and "next four in" or something along those lines which made more sense to me :bat:

FIRST FOUR OUT - Are these four teams the next ones to get in if things go well for them?

NEXT OUT - Are these teams (including us) still behind the "first four out"?

FIRST FOUR OUT - Are these four teams the next ones to get in if things go well for them?

NEXT OUT - Are these teams (including us) still behind the "first four out"?
Yes on both

I like our chances against Notre Dame (with or without Jackson) better than GT or FSU. FSU has some serious size who will likely kill us inside. GT has been tough against everybody it seems and they get into you defensively. I'll gladly take 4-1.

The good news is that we're getting better, and there's still room for improvement.

I can't wait until Selection Sunday when the collective "F***" will be heard from the entire fanbase of whoever draws us in round 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom