Critical. Hands to face call | Syracusefan.com

Critical. Hands to face call

Yeah I'm really surprised the refs are taking more flack for yet another horrible job. I couldn't believe they called that. We had them stopped in a critical time in the game.

I posted this a few minutes ago in a different thread so thought I would be redundant.

Having cooled down - here is my take on that call which led to another call. The hands to the face was not a bad call. It wasn't a call the official got wrong and just blew it. It was none of that. It was something far far worse. It was a made up call. A purposely - driven by the game situation - made up call. I've been watching football for more years than I care to admit and this may be the first time I've seen a completely made up call that was made for a purpose. And I would love to be on a plane right now sitting next to that a-hole.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm really surprised the refs are taking more flack for yet another horrible job. I couldn't believe they called that. We had them stopped in a critical time in the game.
Was a phantom call. I hate acc refs
usually when we discuss these things it's prefaced by a "listen I know we were never going to win the game but..." Like with Shafers mismanagement of the clock at the end of first half of the FSU game.

This time you don't say that. Backed up in their own end having to punt and who the F knows what can happen. A legit shot to win the game? YES! Fing BS is what this is.

Last edited:
What sucks is that because we're 3-7 this won't be discussed because no one nationally cared about the game. If we were even 5-4 it might be a story.

Didnt we end up picking a pass off so it didnt matter anyways?

was it a wrong number? casue the only replay they showed, there was nothing...?

Didnt we end up picking a pass off so it didnt matter anyways?

We picked off a pass at like the 25 yard line and then were hit with another BS 15 yard penalty after that. This after 30 yards worth of BS penalties gave them a first down and flipped the field.

Starting with the ball inside our own 20 vs. likely starting with the ball near midfield after they punt from deep in their own territory is a HUGE difference.

there were a few other tough calls. the late penalty after the INT where the kid tried to give the ball to anyone , the holding not called on the late 4th and 2 try by clemson was a killer , the clip on the punt in the 3rd that everyone saw including the coaches who blew up.

None of the penalties that you guys are complaining about were bad calls, Stephen Clark almost ripped a guys face mask off, the said the wrong number, Estime or Philips was supposed to be on the line of scrimmage, Shafer lost his cool, the kid got pushed into Dixon, and Ron Thompson ran his mouth. How about we just say we played a decent game against the number 1 team in the country, penalties didnt lose this game

Wow you could tell what Thompson said. players ate running their mouths evety play. The ref said 51 so give people a break on that one. These calls seem to come at critical moments. I saw two obvious holds on their wr screens as well. Refs suckedd

TexanMark said:
Chris...it was a legit call...the Clemson player was blocked into Riley.

Agree. After watching the replay I don't think it should have been a flag at all. If there's no blocker there the guy runs right past Dixon on his left. Our blocker changed his direction.

He was pushed a little sideways by the SU guy. All his momentum going into the punter was generated by himself.

Chris...it was a legit call...the Clemson player was blocked into Riley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom