Crying ASU child | Syracusefan.com

Crying ASU child

...yikes, what do you do with that?

SU fans in my bar were a bit harsh, not that the kid could hear them.

I wanted to tell him that with a little patience, he has some great-looking classmates in his future.

Ok, that was sad. My heart ached ... a little bit. But if he had been that Dook kid 15+ years ago, ...

I used to laugh about the crying kids, but now that I have kids that age, I think about how freaking inappropriate it is to focus on crying kids in the stands. It reeks of exploitation. Those kids will get harassed at school for it and never live it down, and all they did was go to a basketball game.

If my kid was a focus on TV crying I would be livid honestly.

Last edited:
well, if the game was better the cameramen would not have had to focus on some wailing rug rodentia.

It’s a really tasteless trend in March
Madness games.

How many orange clad kids would’ve been similarly memorialized in 1987 after Keith Smart?

My 11 year old arse was balling my eyes out. Thankfully not on tv during the social media jackhole age.

Yup. They’re always trying to create a storyline. The Duke kid. The Northwestern kid. Leave the little kids in the stands alone and focus the camera on the Syracuse players joyously celebrating a victory or something. Imagine if the cameras missed Lawrence Moten’s 1995 DC Hulk Hogan hands cupped to the ear routine because they were filming some little Georgetown crybaby fan?

I felt bad for him. If we're all being honest with ourselves, he just externalized how a lot of us adults feel when we watch our team losing. It's just that part of being an adult is internalizing your emotions.

Every kid who's a sports fan has that moment when they realize the good guys (the team they cheer for) sometimes lose on the biggest stage; sometimes Cinderella gets throat punched. This was that kids moment.

And tomorrow when a Kentucky kid cries, we will laugh. And 14 years later, we will repent.

Actually I wont(assuming they lost). Not even a Duke/UNC kid. I was bothered when a good number of YOU took pleasure in that one crying kid in the first round or 2 of the last final f*** run. What does a child know? But the tears are real, are they not? Even adults, I dont take pleasure in their pain. I try to live by the Golden Rule, and think the world would be better if we all did.

The kid jinxed Arizona State. Hadn't cried prematurely, Arizona State would have won.

While I could laugh for likesl, I'll go more with Beadle's article and my worldview that young kids see things the rest dont. Maybe the kid was premature like adults. maybe he was closer to purity. I guess Im willing to give slack to some of the antics I might not normally let slide on here. It's good to be king!!

Actually I wont(assuming they lost). Not even a Duke/UNC kid. I was bothered when a good number of YOU took pleasure in that one crying kid in the first round or 2 of the last final *** run. What does a child know? But the tears are real, are they not? Even adults, I dont take pleasure in their pain. I try to live by the Golden Rule, and think the world would be better if we all did.
He who has the gold, makes the rules?

(I kid, and I also agree with you.:))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom