Curt Cignetti: Why can’t we hire this guy? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Curt Cignetti: Why can’t we hire this guy?

I think Tom Herman would be an interesting choice too (should Dino continue to falter). Great at Houston, not good enough at Texas (but still good) and doing ok now at FAU.

All these NfL guys say Alabama practices are harder than NfL practices simply bc of how Saban is and how hard he coaches
That probably has more to do with the NFL CBA practice guidelines than anything else.

What hire has he made that you haven't liked? The Lax coach? The woman's hoop coach? The Men's basketball coach? Which one?

Yes didn’t like all 3. Obviously them having any success is TBD.

What didn't you like about Gait? Or Jack?

Regarding Gait I didn’t hate it but I wanted a couple other guys in front of him.

I don’t follow women’s hoops but she just didn’t strike me as someone who was going to build on and improve what Q had accomplished here. It was a safe hire cause she’s a local alum. But I don’t follow nor really care.

The only hire I havent liked is The volleyball coach. It has to feel like a spit in the face to alums that'd you'd hire someone who went 6-20 the year prior to being hired.. We are 2-16 this season. Lol

Cigs team looks sharp. Based on the little ive researched online about him he has an excellent background. I think he checks lots of positive boxes.

I would be happy with Mullen, Chesney, or Fritz, but could see him hiring Tony White.

All good choices.

Tony White would be interesting. Seemed like a great motivator and good recruiter that players bonded with.

I think he was a better DC than what I’ve seen from Long. Long has been too conservative.

Only downside is his lack of experience I think we’re a program that needs to hire a guy who is already a head coach who doesn’t have to learn on the job.

Phat - if you literally don’t even know who these coaches are,
Perhaps you might wanna refrain from commenting about them?

Especially since they’re all negative comments.

“If you don’t have anything good to say…”

I said I didn't know 1 coach. Literally. Kayla Treanor. And I never said one thing about her.

To recap - said I didn't hate the Gait hire but preferred a couple of other coaches

Felisha - said she didn’t strike me as someone who was going to build on and improve what Q had accomplished here. (If that's negative boohoo.) I also said I don't follow her and don't care. To add, that meant I don't care that Wildhack hired her and I frankly don't care about women's hoops. When Wildhack hired her I looked her up and shrugged. Status quo.

You do you. ;)