Class of 2014 - Curtis Samuel | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Curtis Samuel

anomander

Living Legend
Performed well at the Rivals Camp in NJ the other day. Was #3 ranked offensive player at camp.

A couple things that may help us in his recruitment is he plans on waiting until late in the process to make a decision.
ND, and Miami want him on defense, he prefers offense.
Sounds like he is pretty good friends with Wayne Morgan.

TOS has an article up with a top 5. I can't read it but his profile has 5 teams listed as "Med Interest". So, i'm guessing that's his top 5. Those are
Bama (no offer), Miami, ND, Ohio St and Rutgers

TOS has an article up with a top 5. I can't read it but his profile has 5 teams listed as "Med Interest". So, i'm guessing that's his top 5. Those are
images

yep we didn't even make the top 5. that's pretty discouraging right there. sames going to happen with Holley. We didn't even get a mention for either of those 2 from the start.

How much longer does Rob Moore have, I wonder?

Cuse were unable to land top NYC kids with Marrone and Anselmo, I wouldn't expect things to get better without them. I would be surprised if they sign a NYC kid this year.

Cuse were unable to land top NYC kids with Marrone and Anselmo, I wouldn't expect things to get better without them. I would be surprised if they sign a NYC kid this year.

i'm not even trying to get into the NY recruiting discussion, but look at the productive players/starters from NYS on our roster.
Foy, Robinson, Palmer, Mackey, AB, Hunt, McFarland, Morgan, Welsch, , Reddish, AC, Sloan, Bromley Kobena. You can't say we weren't able to recruit NYC kids, we just missed out on the top 1 or 2 guys. There is a ton of talent in NYS that is overlooked by most services. Just because they don't get the recognition as other states doesn't mean there isn't talent here. Not to mention the staff had 4 years to build relationships. Other then Ebo we were about to hit on all of the top NYS prospects last year. You can't expect to get everyone from the get go. The ground work was laid, it was just a matter of time before we started bringing the top guys in as well as all the other talented players in this state alone. Everyone gets excited about offering some 4 star recruit from Georgia or Florida that we have no chance on, personally I loved the old staffs approach, and it has been a proven winner.

The obvious point is that we expect to at least be in the discussion with these kids. Expect to lose to penn state and ND, but maybe one out of 5 or one out of 10 we should pull in - ie Morgan. It's unacceptable that we lose to crap programs like rutgers or Indiana.

It's frustrating right now that we have lost our cache with recruits as we have been down the last few years. Hopefully we have started the slow process of building back to respect where guys like Morgan and Williams will be a regular thing with each class

The obvious point is that we expect to at least be in the discussion with these kids. Expect to lose to penn state and ND, but maybe one out of 5 or one out of 10 we should pull in - ie Morgan. It's unacceptable that we lose to crap programs like rutgers or Indiana.

It's frustrating right now that we have lost our cache with recruits as we have been down the last few years. Hopefully we have started the slow process of building back to respect where guys like Morgan and Williams will be a regular thing with each class

totally agree...except Penn St, we should be able to beat them out especially now. It just seems all our hard work down there was taken to Buffalo. I mean not even making the top 5 is a head scratcher,especially with him and Morgan being pretty good friends.

Apparently we did go hard after Samuels and he was on top of our board.

I think maybe I wasn't clear I meant SU wasn't able to land the top NYC players, Williams and Ebo for example. I agree that there is talent in NYC, I hope that Rob Moore can develop relationships, but do not sell Anselmo short. Recruiting NYC without Anselmo is going to be much more difficult.

I think maybe I wasn't clear I meant SU wasn't able to land the top NYC players, Williams and Ebo for example. I agree that there is talent in NYC, I hope that Rob Moore can develop relationships, but do not sell Anselmo short. Recruiting NYC without Anselmo is going to be much more difficult.

Trust me if we could have kept anyone other then Marrone it would have been the NYC Godfather.

samuel isn't going to buttgers so don't sweat it too much.

but again, if we get good players from elsewhere thats just fine to.

But is he better at coaching WR's then our OC?

whats it matter though unless you think next year Mcdonald becomes the OC/WR coach? might not be a bad idea, most OC's coach a position.

still doesn't solve the lack of a nyc/nj recruiter but that's going to have to be addressed sooner or later.

West virginia is a program that is equivalent to ours (like it or not) - We should be able to pull in the level of talent they are

whats it matter though unless you think next year Mcdonald becomes the OC/WR coach? might not be a bad idea, most OC's coach a position.

still doesn't solve the lack of a nyc/nj recruiter but that's going to have to be addressed sooner or later.
Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me?

i'm not even trying to get into the NY recruiting discussion, but look at the productive players/starters from NYS on our roster.
Foy, Robinson, Palmer, Mackey, AB, Hunt, McFarland, Morgan, Welsch, , Reddish, AC, Sloan, Bromley Kobena. You can't say we weren't able to recruit NYC kids, we just missed out on the top 1 or 2 guys. There is a ton of talent in NYS that is overlooked by most services. Just because they don't get the recognition as other states doesn't mean there isn't talent here. Not to mention the staff had 4 years to build relationships. Other then Ebo we were about to hit on all of the top NYS prospects last year. You can't expect to get everyone from the get go. The ground work was laid, it was just a matter of time before we started bringing the top guys in as well as all the other talented players in this state alone. Everyone gets excited about offering some 4 star recruit from Georgia or Florida that we have no chance on, personally I loved the old staffs approach, and it has been a proven winner.

It seems to me that we have just as much chance as reeling in those 4 star quality recruits from Ga, Fla, Ill, etc. as we do in NY; even more so with the ties McDonald has down south and the rest of the staffs connections in the midwest. With us moving to the ACC it is just as important to reel in the recruits down south as it is in NYC. IMHO, I for the most, part believe most of these 3* recruits in FLA and GA are better than the 4* in NY. If the recruits don't want to stay home and play for their favorite school when they were growing up, then so be it. I would have gave my left n*t to play at my hometown or home state school.

the difference between us and WVU is that they can sell their academics over us...think Tavon

are you saying WV has better academics then SU. I am pretty sure if they had better academics then SU they would be in the ACC right now. I don't know what the deal with Tavon is but it may just be a thing where WV had a degree that SU didn't offer. When it comes to academics SU can play that card over WV all day long.

are you saying WV has better academics then SU. I am pretty sure if they had better academics then SU they would be in the ACC right now. I don't know what the deal with Tavon is but it may just be a thing where WV had a degree that SU didn't offer. When it comes to academics SU can play that card over WV all day long.

You are misinterpreting his post. WVU academics aren't very good or their admissions are likely looser than SU. Tavon wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

you got me

You are misinterpreting his post. WVU academics aren't very good or their admissions are likely looser than SU. Tavon wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
A Google search shows WVU's acceptance rate to be 84.8, in comparison to 49.4 for Syracuse. Those are the academics for the average student, so I can only imagine what athletes they can sneak into their university.

West virginia is a program that is equivalent to ours (like it or not) - We should be able to pull in the level of talent they are
that's dismissive of WVU

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2