Cuse #3 in final polls | Syracusefan.com

Cuse #3 in final polls

If anyone told me at the end of the regular season and before the BET that we would be ranked #3 in the final coach's poll, I would have questioned their sanity.
Excellent point.

I will still take it. We were something like #16 going into the tournament. Not too shabby of a jump. All 3 games were excellent games. All four teams deserved to be in the final four and represented themselves well. All pretty close games. Louisville fans here were extremely cordial both after our loss, and after their win. Kept it in the conference. Seriously am proud of this season.

Miami ranked ahead of Marquette despite being drubbed by them??

Nice to see Florida Gulf Coast get some recognition, though, they should be ahead of GTown.
I agree it's great they got some recognition, but I'm fine with Georgetown being ahead of them. You can't base end of the year rankings on a single game.

Only double digit loss team in the top 20. Great run to end the season, that's for sure.

In fairness, 30% of the losses came against #1 and #2.

Reactions: cto
If nothing else, it throws a ton of ice cold water on the "SU flames out early" argument..
7 wins the last 2 tournaments. 4 Sweet 16s in the past 5 years. 2 straight Elite 8's. 1 Final Four.

The flaming out early thing has been overblown. Vermont sucked, but other than that. Texas A&M as the 12 seed was a rough game, but we weren't good that year and it took a miracle BET run from GMac to even get in that year.

7 wins the last 2 tournaments. 4 Sweet 16s in the past 5 years. 2 straight Elite 8's. 1 Final Four.

The flaming out early thing has been overblown. Vermont sucked, but other than that. Texas A&M as the 12 seed was a rough game, but we weren't good that year and it took a miracle BET run from GMac to even get in that year.

Plus Gerry was all used up. Career low in minutes in that game as I recall.

If nothing else, it throws a ton of ice cold water on the "SU flames out early" argument..

this year should shut that talk up for awhile. sweet 16s and elite 8s are nice, but when you're 1 and 3 seeds like we've been its to be expected. we desperately needed a final 4 run to put an exclamation point on the last 5 years and we got it. now there's only 1 thing left to do...

I will still take it. We were something like #16 going into the tournament. Not too shabby of a jump. All 3 games were excellent games. All four teams deserved to be in the final four and represented themselves well. All pretty close games. Louisville fans here were extremely cordial both after our loss, and after their win. Kept it in the conference. Seriously am proud of this season.
And a mini- Big East tourney run was needed to get up to #16 before the Big Dance.

Proud of this team. #3 is in the history books and nobody will ever take that away from the players and coaches.

#1 is the only one that matters, trip to the final four is always great for the press you get but final ranking is #1 or bust

I agree it's great they got some recognition, but I'm fine with Georgetown being ahead of them. You can't base end of the year rankings on a single game.

That's like saying you should still pass the course if you fail the final exam.

If anyone told me at the end of the regular season and before the BET that we would be ranked #3 in the final coach's poll, I would have questioned their sanity.
haha even after the BET

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom