Class of 2014 - 'Cuse Commit #s seem low against the A teams | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 'Cuse Commit #s seem low against the A teams

arbitragegls

All Conference
okay, just wondering why 'Cuse continually obtains commits later than other A schools. For example, ESPN recruiting now has 'Cuse at #9 and that is with Chris. Here are the teams in front of 'Cuse and the # of commits:
UNC---------------------3
Ohio State......4
Louisville........3
Maryland.......3
Florida....2
GTown...3

Any ideas why we always seem slow to get?

The turtle wins the race grasshoppa.

Are we really that slow to get commits, though?

Going back to the 2011 class, MCW committed in 2009, Cooney in February of 2010, and Rak in August of 2010.

Of the 2010 class, Dion committed in 2007, CJ in 2008, Baye in 2008, and Fab in August 2009.

Last year was a little later of a start to a degree, but Ennis was August of 2012 and the other guys were October and November. So yeah, that was a bit late. But for this year's class, we already got our top target for the 2014 class in freaking November of last year.

I guess I just don't see how we're apparently so far behind everyone. We may just happen to be recruiting guys who want to take their time making a decision. There's only so much our coaches can do if a guy wants to drag out the process.

okay, just wondering why 'Cuse continually obtains commits later than other A schools. For example, ESPN recruiting now has 'Cuse at #9 and that is with Chris. Here are the teams in front of 'Cuse and the # of commits:
Ohio State......4
Louisville........3
Maryland.......3
Florida....2
GTown...3

We just hauled in a 5 player class for the upcoming year, 2014 will invariably be a small class, maybe 2-3 players at most... Plus, we got Chris' commitment like a decade ago, so basically 1 player to get for this year...

Ohio State......4
Louisville........3
Maryland.......3
Florida....2
GTown...3

We will climb those rankings soon...

Ohio State......4
Louisville........3
Maryland.......3
Florida....2
GTown...3

you are mistaken. Up to this year, we have been way ahead.

SU just had a 5 player group come in this year. I think there may be a bit of a perception with recruits that it will be difficult to get PT at SU, due to the competition.

Some players will be supremely confident in their abilities, to the point that they won't worry, but I think some will be scared off by it.

From history, JB will play you if you give him the chance to win, but more and more he seems to require a minimum level on defense that is higher than in the past. If you can't learn the defense well enough, you will be spending more time watching, than playing. I think this bodes well for someone like Buss, who is well known for his defense. But then again, PH was well known for his defense as well, and we learned that superior MTM defense is not the same as superior zone defense.

Get your answer soon, you will.
yoda.png

Sadly enough, I actually used a Yoda translator for my answer.
http://www.yodaspeak.co.uk/index.php

Help me. :)

I think we are seeing the success of our recruiting hurting us a little with the verbals right now, I really think Joseph would have committed by now but recruits see that we are stacked and want to see how the playing time is going to sort itself out. These recruits are smart not looking at existing rosters and available quick PT, ultimately we will lose some people we normally would get due to the fact that the inn is getting a little full. Joseph may want to see how Ennis looks and see how long he will be on the Hill. That being said if we could land Joseph along with McCollugh I will be fine with this class.

Small sample sizes are never a good thing. Syracuse typically picks up a lot of early commits. I wouldn't get too hung up about this year. Additionally this is beginning to affect most schools because recruits across the board are now committing at later dates than in past years. Lets call it the Kentucky effect.

If we get one more of our targets and stop at 2 I am happy. Don't know why we are fussing over only 1 early verbal in this next class when that one verbal is from McCullogh who will be ranked somewhere between #1-5 players in his class!

If we get one more of our targets and stop at 2 I am happy. Don't know why we are fussing over only 1 early verbal in this next class when that one verbal is from McCullogh who will be ranked somewhere between #1-5 players in his class!
The way it looks, McCullough may not be ranked that high, but he will be among the 5 best players in the class, no doubt. Besides, after such a large class this past year, there is not alot of room. As others have mentioned, these kids know that SU is stacked and they are determining whether they want to jump on board a loaded train headed for the Final Four (again), or find some place where they are guaranteed playing time. The only real need is for a ball handler, so I hope we get Kaleb and then anything else is gravy.

I'd say our recruiting has been amazing in the last 5-6 years. As long as they sign their LOI, I could care less when they "verbally commit".
+1. Unless our main targets like Joseph and Whitehead start to commit elsewhere......
he-aint-even-mad.jpg