Cuse players at Ocean City | Syracusefan.com

Cuse players at Ocean City

WoodyUK

Lax Maven
Huge beer league party destination Ocean City Lacrosse Tournament have added a $10,000 prize this year, thats a whole lot of long cans and whiteclaws!!!

9BDFE3CC-3485-46B7-AEEC-A02D94152EFF.jpeg

Curry and Porter are on the ECD team

F4993456-3BF2-48A6-B8C1-47382095F9F3.jpeg

4627EACC-C07C-4233-9EF2-3D96447D61D0.jpeg

There is a Harry’s Bar team entered and wondered if that could be The Harry’s Bar?

786ADF36-2C48-4AB4-9713-5D65AE066BAE.jpeg

I assume ECD is paying these guys (to represent the brand this week). But I would think for anyone still with NCAA eligibility, they cannot be paid to actually play or accept any winnings? Otherwise that would make them professional?

I assume ECD is paying these guys (to represent the brand this week). But I would think for anyone still with NCAA eligibility, they cannot be paid to actually play or accept any winnings? Otherwise that would make them professional?

With NLI now acceptable, maybe it falls under that umbrella?

Nick Hapney is playing for the Harry's Bar team.

Also seems like we skipped over Lake Placid. Not sure how Burning Orange did this year. Looks like the team included Tucker Dordevic, Brett Kennedy, and Jackson Birstwistle from the current team, and alums including Ryan Simmons, Derek DeJoe, Tim Barber, Jay McDermott and Ben Williams. Surprised there weren’t more actual Syracuse players on the team.

Evan Molloy, Max Rosa, Paolo Ciferri, Willie Klan, Tommy Drago, Nick Mariano and Jack Fiorini all played for another team at Placid.

It looks like Mikie Harmeyer decided to stay at UVa.

Sort of interesting that Maltz is listed as a midfielder.

Also seems like we skipped over Lake Placid. Not sure how Burning Orange did this year. Looks like the team included Tucker Dordevic, Brett Kennedy, and Jackson Birstwistle from the current team, and alums including Ryan Simmons, Derek DeJoe, Tim Barber, Jay McDermott and Ben Williams. Surprised there weren’t more actual Syracuse players on the team.

Evan Molloy, Max Rosa, Paolo Ciferri, Willie Klan, Tommy Drago, Nick Mariano and Jack Fiorini all played for another team at Placid.

That's because the people who run the tournament never included the 18+ Division in the app.

You're only allowed a certain number of current players on any roster per NCAA rules. I believe the number is 5. The rest has to be filled with former players or kids from other colleges. I know they wanted Spallina to play on Burning but it was shut down as a possible violation.

The 18+ (Men and Women) was a separate tournament this year in Albany/Saratoga. It’s is correct you can only have 5 current players on a roster and they lost some other who were as interested in spending the weekend in Albany.

Don't think they have to worry about accepting winnings. Currently sitting at 1-2 and on the outside looking in on playoffs.

Russ Maher playing for ECD also I wish we had attempted to pick him up again, he originally committed to Cuse, then flipped to UVA and after one year has transferred to JHU, he would have been a good fit for us and is a smart player from strong island.
73F93789-4802-4E06-A416-B5BED6DCCFBF.jpeg

I agree, we have skimmed over Placid, it seems like the news is only just starting to come out today, the fog has lifted and hangovers have passed! Maybe I’ll start a post tomorrow with Placid Cuse connections and possible recruits!