Cuse @ Virginia repeat? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse @ Virginia repeat?

Why? What has he done? We need great games by our best players to win, hoping a guy has his best game without a shred of evidence he can play at this level yet isn’t going to win this team games. I’d rather run Joe and Judah out for 40 than Copeland play a minute, he’s literally done nothing.
He helped bring us back against Pitt.

But that’s the only situation I could see him helping tonight - if we’re down big and we press and somehow make the game a ragged, get up and down the court pickup game.

But that’s the only situation I could see him helping tonight - if we’re down big and we press and somehow make the game a ragged, get up and down the court pickup game.
4 points and nothing else in 13 minutes, he may have been on the court during the comeback, but that was more Pitt being Pitt and scoring 10 points the last 10 minutes than it was Copeland.

Edit: I’m stupid.

Last edited:
4 points and nothing else in 13 minutes, he may have been on the court during the comeback, but that was more Pitt being Pitt and scoring 10 points the last 10 minutes than it was Copeland.

??
He had 10 points, 5 boards, a steal, and 2 blocks against Pitt.

Judah meets the pack line d for the 1st time which takes away penetration. Joe will have a defender in his shorts the whole game.We have forwards that don't score much even against bad teams. This has the potential to get real ugly. Hope I'm wrong.

Need some three point production. JB has raved about Justin Taylor and Chris Bell shooting the ball, but it’s time to see it in a game.

Why? What has he done? We need great games by our best players to win, hoping a guy has his best game without a shred of evidence he can play at this level yet isn’t going to win this team games. I’d rather run Joe and Judah out for 40 than Copeland play a minute, he’s literally done nothing.
Need forwards who can handle the ball. Think mintz and girard are going to have their hands full tonight. We dont have a multitude of big scoring threats but we have 5 solid ball handlers. Thatll help.

Think a healthy Sy is needed, veteran steady player off the bench. Hopefully he's a go.
Thatll help too. Any ball handlers that can wear down the D and stop UVA from defining the pace of this game

He’s the perfect player when we press. That pitt game was the perfect spot.

Jesse will be doubled every time he gets it in the low post. How he handles it may be key.
He should be preparing for that and ready to pass it out as soon as he draws the double team.

I feel like we should always be trying to turn it into a track meet against Virginia, but instead we almost always play the game they want to play, and it’s really hard to beat them at it.

Would love if we proactively pressed and pushed the tempo and got Mintz out in transition. But I’d be stunned. Feels like it’s worth a shot - what are your chances of beating them in a halfcourt game on their own court while doing exactly what they expect you to do?

I feel like we should always be trying to turn it into a track meet against Virginia, but instead we almost always play the game they want to play, and it’s really hard to beat them at it.

Would love if we proactively pressed and pushed the tempo and got Mintz out in transition. But I’d be stunned. Feels like it’s worth a shot - what are your chances of beating them in a halfcourt game on their own court while doing exactly what they expect you to do?
Agreed, never let the other team play their game, mistakes are made when they’re out of their comfort zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom