Dakich on his radio show " I am getting killed by Syracuse fans" | Syracusefan.com

Dakich on his radio show " I am getting killed by Syracuse fans"

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
He just said " I stand by my stupidity, that was an idotic pick"

Says he is going on Syracuse radio today at 4pm to sing Tom Jones because he lost a bet.

Im guessing maybe 97.7?

Also said he knew 15 seconds into the game that WMU had no chance.
He also must have a personal relationship from the SU womans softball coach as she called in and they obviously knew each other. She was razzing him about picking WMU, pretty funny stuff.

He just said " I stand by my stupidity, that was an idotic pick"

Says he is going on Syracuse radio today at 4pm to sing Tom Jones because he lost a bet.

Im guessing maybe 97.7?

Also said he knew 15 seconds into the game that WMU had no chance.
He also must have a personal relationship from the SU womans softball coach as she called in and they obviously knew each other. She was razzing him about picking WMU, pretty funny stuff.

He mentioned on air right after the game that he now owed said SU womens softball coach dinner at what sounded like a fancy restaurant.

He is a loud mouth and very opinionated. He doesn't know when to take a breath during game broadcasts and he lays on the praise a bit thick when he likes a player or team as well. All that being said I appreciate that he is less of a follow the crowd guy than most sports guys these days and he doesn't run away and hide from what he says. I don't mind him in small doses.

He is a loud mouth and very opinionated. He doesn't know when to take a breath during game broadcasts and he lays on the praise a bit thick when he likes a player or team as well. All that being said I appreciate that he is less of a follow the crowd guy than most sports guys these days and he doesn't run away and hide from what he says. I don't mind him in small doses.
Good point here. I actually like Dakich, he knows his stuff but I agree he can be very loud and abrasive. He's an IU guy and said all tourney taht we'd beat the Hoosiers and got a lot of stuff for it. Considering the other ESPN "experts", I'd like to hear him more over guys like Digger.

He'll be on 97.7. He's on with chris and Steve all the time. He's a good dude. He'll eat crow hard

I won't say a bad thing about Dakich after listening to his Friday radio show in Indy after we beat the Hoosiers last year.

He took a chance yesterday and missed we had lost 5 of our last 7 including 2 at HOME to Boston College and Georgia Tech. It wasn't a smart pick, but I hope our fans don't kill him too much.

He dates our softball coach.
image.jpg

This her?

SU Softball Coach Leigh Ross(who has done an outstanding job since taking over building the program up) and Dan Dakich were head coaches at Bowling Green at the same time. He was the basketball coach and she was the softball coach. They are friends and she always goes on his show in Indy is a good sport.
He doesn't date Ms. Ross as he married and his son is a walkon at Michigan right now. Dakich is an SU supporter and loves JB, but he took a swing and miss yesterday. No need to hammer, but just bust his chops.

SU Softball Coach Leigh Ross(who has done an outstanding job since taking over building the program up) and Dan Dakich were head coaches at Bowling Green at the same time. He was the basketball coach and she was the softball coach. They are friends and she always goes on his show in Indy is a good sport.
He doesn't date Ms. Ross as he married and his son is a walkon at Michigan right now. Dakich is an SU supporter and loves JB, but he took a swing and miss yesterday. No need to hammer, but just bust his chops.

He said he was dating her Wednesday when interviewed by the local guys on 97.7. I heard it.

He said he was dating her Wednesday when interviewed by the local guys on 97.7. I heard it.
Well then I am wrong. I thought I saw a Michigan-Illinois game on Super Tuesday 2 weeks ago when they showed Dakich's wife and Tirico commented on it.

Trivia question. Who was the ESPN dude who promised to walk from Bristol to Syracuse and what was the game associated with that promise?

This...He said it on Mike and Mike yesterday. I liked a lot of what he said on his radio show last year as well, when we beat the balls off of iu. But like Jordoo said only in small doses as he can be very annoying especially when he loves a player. Like his love affair with Craft.

Tony Bruno, a man of no substance, character or integrity.

Ha, I remember that.

From wikipedia:

During the 1996 NCAA tournament, Bruno vowed to walk from Bristol, CT to Syracuse, NY if Syracuse advanced to the Final 4; though he would ultimately welch on this promise after the Orangemen upset Kansas in the Regional finals.

Did you happen to notice the injuries to Kieta and Grant , or the road games at Duke and Virginia?

Both those guys played in the NC State game last week. All I'm saying is I don't think it's SO ridiculous that someone picked us to lose, even if Western Michigan ended up being an awful team. We haven't been ourselves in a while. That being said...no reason we can't make a run if Cooney stays hot.

It's not like Dakich doesn't have a sense of humor. The guy is a stitch, and I'm sure will be gracious about this. So, I agree, no need to rage on him.

It's not like Dakich doesn't have a sense of humor. The guy is a stitch, and I'm sure will be gracious about this. So, I agree, no need to rage on him.
He will be very gracious and self depricating

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom