Damien Rhodes resigns as FM HC | Syracusefan.com

Damien Rhodes resigns as FM HC

Shark58

BANNED
needs to spend more time on the day job. shame, he was my favorite FM grad to suit up for SU since Matt Roe.

any chance he knows what he's doing coaching special teams?

I was gonna say, was he forced out, or was it totally his decision to step down? Because if a former player can coach, it's never a bad idea to keep them in mind for openings down the road.

I was gonna say, was he forced out, or was it totally his decision to step down? Because if a former player can coach, it's never a bad idea to keep them in mind for openings down the road.

The 30-year-old Manlius resident said the combination of a demanding career – Rhodes is a client manager for a medical supply company – and being a head football coach was just taking too much of his time.

“I’m just too busy, in a good way, professionally, to be a head high school coach,” Rhodes said. “It’s too hard to do two things full time.”

http://highschoolsports.syracuse.co...lius-football-coach-damien-rhodes-steps-down/

If Smith leaves, maybe RB coach/special teams coach can be his next day job.

Zero college coaching experience and (guessing here) limited to no recruiting connections. Can the program really afford to go in this direction, even for an alum?

Totally his call. Hearing from my F-M peeps that FHC Paul Muench will be coming back.

Heard he was not very popular with the FM players, to the point of no JV team because of him driving kids to quit

Don't we have a ST coach? I thought I read Chris Gould is ours?

Zero college coaching experience and (guessing here) limited to no recruiting connections. Can the program really afford to go in this direction, even for an alum?
Lame duck coach, right? Stranger things have happened

needs to spend more time on the day job. shame, he was my favorite FM grad to suit up for SU since Matt Roe.

Were there any other FM grads to wear Orange between Matt and Damien?

Were there any other FM grads to wear Orange between Matt and Damien?

probably dozens. a quick glance showed 3 former hornets on the current women's track & field roster.

I know at least a few who played Lax.

probably dozens. a quick glance showed 3 former hornets on the current women's track & field roster.

He gone

I thought you meant major sports like football and basketball. Roe was really a favorite of yours? Must be a family member! Lol

when I went to JD FM was our hated rival just thought I would add that bit of info carry on.

I thought you meant major sports like football and basketball. Roe was really a favorite of yours? Must be a family member! Lol

I knew him pretty well growing up. He sat right in front of my best friend in homeroom. I also saw him a bit when he transferred to UMd. He used to visit my bar in GTown from time to time.

when I went to JD FM was our hated rival just thought I would add that bit of info carry on.

when I went to FM, JD was out hated rival (of course that didn't include my mother who worked in the district, my gf at the time or 3 of my 4 cousins who were rams back then

I can only speak for the GRob coaching staff, but they hated him. Thought he was very soft.

I know, in hindsight anything Grob and Pariani said could be laughed at... but if they said it, how soft was he? And why would we welcome him back to a coaching staff? He wasnt all that great after his frosh year and we ran off dan conley for Gods sake.

I can only speak for the GRob coaching staff, but they hated him. Thought he was very soft.

I know, in hindsight anything Grob and Pariani said could be laughed at... but if they said it, how soft was he? And why would we welcome him back to a coaching staff? He wasnt all that great after his frosh year and we ran off dan conley for Gods sake.
plus I beleive FM had a losing record this year and rumor has it JD grad Paul Muench is coming back to lead the Hornets I would rather have Paul then Damien any day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom