Dan Mullen | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep a beatdown tonight should be the end of it, if that happens
Which is why tonight they will be at the b out of BC

To delay and drag this out

Then lose to Pitt and GaTech, then it comes down to Wake.

“But he doesn’t like recruiting” We struggle to land a top 50 class as it is, do we think Mullen wouldn’t be able to bring solid recruiters on his staff? Do we really think Dan Mullen wouldn’t be able to recruit at least as good as Dino has? And I’m confident he’d be a 10x better coach tactically than Dino, so our talent that we do land would be elevated. Anyone turning their nose up at him because he “doesn’t like to recruit” but had *checks notes* 3 straight top 15 classes at Florida is insane. I’d love to see him not like recruiting at Syracuse. As a HC he’s won less than 7 games 3 times, and one of those was his first year ever as a head coach. If we’re able to land Dan Mullen I’d be more than happy.
If Dan and Dino had the exact same team who do you think wins more games?

Finebaum … still sporting his last guy picked for kickball grudge. Guy is such a tool.
Every time I see him, I can't help thinking that he is related to Pee Wee.? Does he still live at home?

If Dan and Dino had the exact same team who do you think wins more games?
Mullens penalties will be greatly reduced, which will aid the defense getting off the field and the offense staying in the field. Add in the stupid clock management dino has. I bet it’s a solid game advantage maybe 2

Has Mullen shown any interest in SU?

In fact, if we made a list of the proposed candidates who might actually want to come here, what would it look like?

In fact, if we made a list of the proposed candidates who might actually want to come here, what would it look like?
The coach for the waterboy, any local pop Warner coach, joy behar…

My guesses from too much internet sleuthing:

Tony White
Sean Lewis
Al Golden
Dan Mullen

You may well be right but I think it would be a mistake to not interview Bob Chesney. He has earned an interview, and probably Cignetti also.
You may be right, this is just what I have seen from looking around. Chesney is very interesting. Cignetti I don't think is leaving that pretty sweet setup.

And who’s to say tony would want to come back after 1 year?

Maybe he wouldn’t but he lived in Queens and his mom is still in NYC, which was a big factor in him coming here in the first place. So out of any of the coaches mentioned, he at least has some connection with the state other than having coached here, where as most of the names thrown around don’t.

Because certain posters seem to have inside information. Or at least they claim to.

You’ve been on here a long time. There’s very few people who know anything. You should know by now that especially when posters are throwing out things as absolutes, they don’t know anything. The posters who know are more coy with how they phrase things.

The fact that Dino wasn’t fired last Friday isn’t a good starting point.

That means nothing. SU isn’t the type of school that’s ever going to fire a coach that’s 4-4 until the end of the season. Doesn’t mean it’s still not going to happen though.

You can only know that if you know the behind the scenes contacts. All ADs have contacts with various people in the coaching business, usually through their agents, primarily in the hypothetical, such as: my client Jim Bob, former OC in the ACC and current HC in the MAC, has let me know that if the Syracuse job opens, he is interested.

If Mullen's agent has let Wildhack know he has interest, he would have stressed the fact that Mullen is a northestern native and knows the Syracuse football history and thinks he can rebuild it, using his recruiting ties in the South.

Last edited:
You’ve been on here a long time. There’s very few people who know anything. You should know by now that especially when posters are throwing out things as absolutes, they don’t know anything. The posters who know are more coy with how they phrase things.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure the poster Franco is referencing has a good track record.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the poster Franco is referencing has a good track record.

He responded to Jeremy who only said he likes tony but it would be a bad decision. He gave his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.