Dan Mullen | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuse12

All Conference
Call him this morning make it happen.

Yeah I know it’s a 99% chance that won’t happen. But I would try and strike a deal today. You want to create buzz? You want to sell seats? Do your job JW. In this modern day and age you have to grow a pair get your donors on board to help buyout the contract and sell them on a proven nationally known coach.

Heck, I might take Chris Mullen at this point.
Joey is available:
st-louis-blues.jpg

Why would he commit to SU without waiting to see what else opens up? Northwestern and Michigan State are open. Pitt and West Virginia could be open. Etc.

no no no and no.

we can't plug and play an SEC type guy into this situation. This is not going from Miss St to Florida. Mullen isn't the type of character we need in this situation.

Yeah his recruiting classes were only ranked 10th nationally I believe. Don’t want a guy like that at all.
Well his results got worse and worse every year and his last year they were 5-6. Napier using those great recruits was 6-7.

Not what I am looking for especially with such great recruits rolling in.

no no no and no.

we can't plug and play an SEC type guy into this situation. This is not going from Miss St to Florida. Mullen isn't the type of character we need in this situation.
Well the route of choosing a successful G5 HC hasn’t worked out well, so I would take my chances.

Well the route of choosing a successful G5 HC hasn’t worked out well, so I would take my chances.
I agree. Hiring a coaches with no head coaching experience and then Dino with success at the MAC level has not worked out at SU.

Call him this morning make it happen.

Yeah I know it’s a 99% chance that won’t happen. But I would try and strike a deal today. You want to create buzz? You want to sell seats? Do your job JW. In this modern day and age you have to grow a pair get your donors on board to help buyout the contract and sell them on a proven nationally known coach.
I always worry about coaches, who did not succeed in high profile positions.

I always worry about coaches, who did not succeed in high profile positions.
Mullens Florida record looks great looking back. I think he had 2 10 win seasons there?

Lewis is at the top of my list, we had a way different vibe and feel to the team...I believe Dungey carried that on to the 2018 team.
To me it feels like we need something different, young, and not a retread (sure there are some out there that would be okay to good).
We have brand new buildings going up and getting a new younger coach you can kind of sell it all as new beginnings with the Orange.
If you can not find the right young candidate then yes you have to go with an experienced coach to turn it all around. I would pass on Mullen he seems like a goofy guy and lots of rumbles from the Gators he was pretty lazy with various things (not recruiting that was wrong lol).

Also, go back and watch the final game vs Missouri he coached he made some bone headed calls that people rage on here when Dino does it

Mullen was 34-15 at Florida in the SEC. He was such a failure.

You guys are hillarious.
I do not trust the guy downshifting into this morass for a payday. I would be aghast if his passion for the SU job is higher than 75%. We need someone who is dying for an opportunity at a p5 ACC job.

It doesn't feel like the right fit for SU right now. Maybe in 2004 it would have been the right choice as the brand was still top 30 strong.

Lewis is at the top of my list, we had a way different vibe and feel to the team...I believe Dungey carried that on to the 2018 team.
To me it feels like we need something different, young, and not a retread (sure there are some out there that would be okay to good).
We have brand new buildings going up and getting a new younger coach you can kind of sell it all as new beginnings with the Orange.
If you can not find the right young candidate then yes you have to go with an experienced coach to turn it all around. I would pass on Mullen he seems like a goofy guy and lots of rumbles from the Gators he was pretty lazy with various things (not recruiting that was wrong lol).

Lewis is a Dino guy. Let's find another path forward. Further, he isn't leaving Prime to come to the not so Prime time.

Status
Not open for further replies.