Dan Mullen | Page 227 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is deflating but pointing fingers and attacking posters that literally have no control over the situation is dumb.

Go make you spouse listen to your rant and then name off the coaches you want and listen to them explain why you’re wrong. Worked for me!

A lot of butt hurt here today, I understand a lot of you are disappointed. My only piece of advice to you, is temper your expectations for anything with SU sports whether it’s the coaching search, recruiting or the portal. Wait until pen meets the paper or there is an official announcement. Until then take everything at face value that it could all fall a part. Appreciate everyone’s inside information when they post it. We really do need a premium board.
That's all fair. I think we need to be objective about these fast moving rumors and not to take anyone at face value on an anonymous message board. There are real stories that come here. But to say this is worse than it was when the likes of Blue Curtain and Tristan running around is nutty.

Everyone has an opinion and when people start to believe the rumors people get upset when the rumor, to begin with, wasn't as firm as one would think.

I’m not saying it’s right but of course a few people were going to be mad.
Being mad and insulting posters who are sharing what they are hearing is two different things. People need to understand that until something is signed, sealed and delivered it is not a done deal. When they are seeing inside info posted they need to understand that it is just a very small part of a much bigger fluid picture.

This is deflating but pointing fingers and attacking posters that literally have no control over the situation is dumb.

Go make you spouse listen to your rant and then name off the coaches you want and listen to them explain why you’re wrong. Worked for me!
Does Sam Elliot have an opinion on who the next coach should be?

Look around, there is no other program that plays scared quite like Syracuse.
But not many other schools have had multiple sanctions and had their basketball coach lose 101 wins from his record, rightfully or not. There may have also been other investigations that were never made public.

Going "ace recruiter" instead of "proven winning football coach" in the year 2023 and after what we just watched our program turn into would certainly be a decision.

I am over Mullen, I just really want JW to stick to his stated requirement of high level P-5 experience. That was important and he arrived at that for a reason. He shouldn't abandon it on a wing and a prayer.

I may have heard wrong, but I believe he said "...a coach with prior HC experience OR a coordinator with P5 experience."

Can someone confirm?

Going "ace recruiter" instead of "proven winning football coach" in the year 2023 and after what we just watched our program turn into would certainly be a decision.
What did the program “turn into”?

This isn’t my day job where I have “to be right” lol I share information from what is told to me. Lotta different people on the inside. I’ll be sure to not share with you next time and stick to my
Group

I’d like to thank all posters for sharing any inside information you might have and I mean that sincerely good bad or indifferent. As this wasn’t the outcome I wanted I will try to calm down and move ahead. Serious thank you

Does Sam Elliot have an opinion on who the next coach should be?
This was my list before I found out I lost my wife's dreams to Sam Elliot and then lost Dan Mullen :(

Chadwell
Chesney
Helton (WKU)
Lewis (I know he is not a popular choice)

At this point, I don't know what to do with myself lol

Also if any of you wonderful insiders want to share any information feel free to DM me and pacusewife, I know the boards are quickly becoming toxic to you folks. Just wanted to say we love the info you are willing to pass on and truly appreciate you!

So I’m disappointed that it’s not Mullen, but I reached out to a few people on Mullen. My #1 go to source had absolutely no info on Mullen throughout the weekend. Nada.

Some other people I trust, had heard things, but nothing really specific…or some elements that didn’t make sense. It seemed like it could have been a giant game of telephone.

Yet another person who I know has solid source thought very early on that this had no legs. So I was somewhat skeptical, but hopeful.

Maybe the school had kept this really tight? Maybe the sources people are quoting are agent or search firm related?

But I tried to warn people when KBRP212 posted his info, that I would not be so quick to dismiss his info because he’s not a prominent poster.

I’ve been moderating these boards forever, the biggest misconception is that the more you post the better your sources. You have to judge the info, not the poster.

He had more detail is his info than anyone else, but it wasn’t what people wanted to hear.

The absolute worst aspect of all of this is that somehow, the university will get blamed for dropping the ball on a negotiation that I’m not sure ever took place.

Maybe it did, maybe it didn’t, But I have absolutely no solid info to make me believe it ever occurred - not that my sources are the end all be all.

Just trying to provide some reasoned perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.