Dan Mullen | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll say this. It’s confirmed he was in cuse yesterday. And it’s confirmed he’s the official leader as of right this second. Not an opinion. Not a hunch. It’s a 3 horse race - Mullen, Chesney and Tony White. However, white only has the backing of one huge donor and he wants the SDSU job. The fear of Chesney is no P5.

But yes Dan Frickin Mullen is on the verge of being the cuse football coach from what I am told. Hear he has a long list of requests but he knows what it takes. Fingers crossed
Have all three on staff. That would be wild.

I’ll say this. It’s confirmed he was in cuse yesterday. And it’s confirmed he’s the official leader as of right this second. Not an opinion. Not a hunch. It’s a 3 horse race - Mullen, Chesney and Tony White. However, white only has the backing of one huge donor and he wants the SDSU job. The fear of Chesney is no P5.

But yes Dan Frickin Mullen is on the verge of being the cuse football coach from what I am told. Hear he has a long list of requests but he knows what it takes. Fingers crossed
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like we should have a new coach by the end of the weekend. I hope vetting doesn’t take a week.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like we should have a new coach by the end of the weekend. I hope vetting doesn’t take a week.
I hope the school steps up and do what is necessary. The school might be kicking themselves right now with no Adam W. This would have been a perfect spot to have him involved. But there’s a lot of people that believe he will be the next coach. We’ll see. Anything can happen and I’ve learned sharing info the hard way on here, but I for one did not think getting him was possible. So I’m excited to even share that they are more than just in the mix

So you’re saying we could still end up with some position coach we’ve never heard of?

And then pay Chesney $1.2M to be ST coach and recruiting coordinator. Four times what he's making now. Half serious.
Hell, throw in title of Associate HC and make it $1.5M. I know it's a pipedream but it sets him up great for a future P4 HC job. Obviously has the HC experience and now would have P4 experience as Associate HC and recruiting coordinator.
Putting myself in timeout now.

Not that I don’t believe you but who confirmed that he was in Syracuse yesterday?

It would have been very easy for Mullen and others to backchannel to JW through ESPN. They were also both at Va Tech game and that sealed Dino’s fate with many.

At this point, DB could still be back next year. If he is, next years schedule should easily get him to a bowl game. That means he could then be back at least another year after that. So until he’s gone and we know SU is literally making calls and talking to people. None of this matters nor do we know that we will or won’t contact Mullen. JW was at the game Mullen was announcing. For all we know he’s already been loosely interviewed.

I did write this on the 16th I think. Not that I know anything but seemed like it wasn’t a far fetched thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.