Dan Mullen | Page 241 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread:
c3c7312a-891e-41ff-b7cd-f16a9896080e_text.gif

Leads me to believe that if he was infact on campus, it was strictly as a consultant/opinion conversation with wildhack.
Or it was a good opportunity and the type of thing he would consider if he got back into coaching. Either way, it helps that he's not coaching somewhere else. It wasn't us lol

After Fran takes us to the National Championship game this season and then heads to Arkansas we will be able to revisit this thread next year. Haha.

So I’m disappointed that it’s not Mullen, but I reached out to a few people on Mullen. My #1 go to source had absolutely no info on Mullen throughout the weekend. Nada.

Some other people I trust, had heard things, but nothing really specific…or some elements that didn’t make sense. It seemed like it could have been a giant game of telephone.

Yet another person who I know has solid source thought very early on that this had no legs. So I was somewhat skeptical, but hopeful.

Maybe the school had kept this really tight? Maybe the sources people are quoting are agent or search firm related?

But I tried to warn people when KBRP212 posted his info, that I would not be so quick to dismiss his info because he’s not a prominent poster.

I’ve been moderating these boards forever, the biggest misconception is that the more you post the better your sources. You have to judge the info, not the poster.

He had more detail is his info than anyone else, but it wasn’t what people wanted to hear.

The absolute worst aspect of all of this is that somehow, the university will get blamed for dropping the ball on a negotiation that I’m not sure ever took place.

Maybe it did, maybe it didn’t, But I have absolutely no solid info to make me believe it ever occurred - not that my sources are the end all be all.

Just trying to provide some reasoned perspective.
Perhaps KBRP212 had more detail, but some of that detail was inaccurate. He said his brother’s buddy owned an Enterprise dealership, when Enterprise doesn’t franchise. I was 100% judging the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.